Woo-Woo Contest?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by PieAreSquared, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You might find this interesting. This guy is no slouch, considering he was instrumental in developing the SR71 and other top secret aircraft including director of the entire program for a while. But he must be a woo woo now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10pk_aNsvSw

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Friedman graduated from the University of Chicago, earning a Bachelor of Science (1955) and Master of Science (1956) degree in nuclear physics.

can you say old school ;

Friedman was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for such companies as General Electric, General Motors, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas where he worked on advanced, classified programs on nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and compact nuclear power plants for space applications

Not quite the Labs,.... Nuclear welfare program recipient

In 1970 Friedman departed full-time employment as a physicist to pursue the scientific investigation of UFO..

Choked on his day job.. fortunately there were enough other woo-woos to buy his B...

Books

Stanton Friedman is the original civilian investigator of the Roswell UFO incident and supports the hypothesis that it was a genuine crash of an extraterrestrial spacecraft

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

UFO believers are loathe to compare the predictable effect that leaps in technology from outside cultures rapidly trigger, transforming isolated ones. Had there been something real to the enthralling fantasies of interstellar ET vehicles in human hands, then we would have all witnessed a technology explosion/quantum leaps that would have suddenly and shockingly put to shame every human innovation of the past century combined. It would be like providing a prehistoric clan with some of the vehicles and possessions of a wealthy dynasty of our times- Lives and technology would change in a very perceptible way, and the technology would always spread conspicuously. UFO believers are all woo-shippers of Woo.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bishadi Banned Banned

George Bush was pres of the US

what does that have to do with YOUR experience with the foo foo Ufoo?

argue with them about the guy

seems to me, them with the bigger box, are the ones that will fib to keep it

meaning if he is so credible, then he should be able to provide evidence; himself.

talk is cheap as far as over head but can make some a fortune; when selling BS

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"[Stanton Friedman] is no slouch, considering he was instrumental in developing the SR71"

Um, no. That was Kelly Johnson.

9. Bishadi Banned Banned

now anyone can see how 'thinking' means 'using your head'

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It's the best use for one, anyway.

11. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

12. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

While ufology does not represent an academic field of research

13. jpappl Valued Senior Member

How many of you have this kind of resume yet were throwing stones at him. That's comedy.

14. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You didn't open the link. That wasn't Stanton that is Don Phillips, appointed by Kelly Johnson.

15. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Kind of resume.. your joking right..

he was just one of many in the Nuclear welfare program hosted by the government during the cold war....

dime a dozen

16. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You asked how many of us, I assumed you were referring to all of us as in humans on the earth.

Me, I have never seen one that I would consider interesting or out of this world.

Is he asking for money ?, I mean he ran the program and other similar programs and was obviously very well respected.

However, it does make a difference to me as well. If he is using his position to sell books on the idea then I would question his motives.

Does not appear to be the case, I don't see him asking for a dime on the subject.

I see way more risk to him by coming forward with the information.

Look at your reaction.

17. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Right, that's funny.

18. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

19. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

I don't see anything funny in how the government squandered so much money on pointless projects..

what you saying you think he is some magical being because he had a 50's degree in Nuclear Science .. not exactly real cutting edge

20. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Nonsense.

The financial powers that be have not only too much to lose if we don't continue to use oil and non-renewable resources but there would be a very difficult shift to make.

You make it sound so simple. But yet here we are still struggling to invest and make the changes we need to advance even with known alternatives.

What makes you think that they would want to give up their hold on us with all of the money they can make.

Again, I am not advocating anyones ideas or positions, I am merely pointing out that there are logical reasons to keep things the way there are.

Not only from a financial standpoint, but also the effect it would have on religions. Since most people in the world are religious in would obviously have a massive impact.

If we were to find another species 500 years from now on some other planet who happened to be a thousand years behind us. Would we land and make ourselves known ?

21. jpappl Valued Senior Member

No you said that. I haven't assigned him any magical qualities at all, in fact he may be nuts for all I know.

My only point is that we tend to throw people under the bus as soon as we don't agree with their opinion on something, even though we really don't know any better ourselves. Just because the opinion or maybe the experience is beyond what we will accept as mainstream does not make it wrong or a lie.

All we can do is question the information, look for the truth. Questioning motives is understandable of course.

There have many who advocated "crazy" ideas in the past that eventually turned out correct.

22. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

yeah... Freidman is down at Roswell for his peer reviews of the papers he's putting out

here's the review board....

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not forgetting that there have been far more who have advocated crazy ideas that eventually turned out to be incorrect.