Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Fraggle Rocker, May 15, 2011.

1. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

I was kind of hoping for something more sharp and more critical, but if that is the best you got I guess it will do. Only mistake so far is in spelling

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And assuming individuals on a science forum were as objective as they were intelligent. So far I have not found either.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gmilam Valued Senior Member

No, spelling.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Boy! That's a deep understanding of my ideology... I wish there were more people as deep as you in the world. The first part of the 100 year old quote should be to picture the ideal. Till I see that happens I'm under the assumption that each individual is ignorant of my deepest thoughts. True?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Well so far you're fitting right in.
    Or do you seriously call this:
    objective or intelligent?

8. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

I'm going to call that serious, objective, and intelligent till the moment someone pictures the ideal in their own words and provides some sort of criticism toward other than general arm waving and sarcastic remarks.

Sarcasm sometimes looses its objectivity to ego or ignorance. If that is the only true skill you posses I suggest you find another way of communicating your semantics.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately it's none of those.

You have been asked this before: what possible reason do you have for thinking (apologies for my misuse of the word there) that this could have any meaning whatsoever in reality?

And maybe you should come up with "ideas" that at least bear some resemblance to science and reality. As opposed to spouting specious unsubstantiated crap that makes you come across as a woo woo.

10. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Make it and prove it to me. It can be made. That we both know.

What specifically signifies that it does not? If you don't picture the ideal, you can't criticize properly. How do you not understand this simple 100 year old analogy. The only possibility I can think of is that I have somehow ran a string of sentences that is infallible. It goes completely over your head and you reject a true reality at this particular crossroads in your epistemology.

Alright prove the object would not detect the Higgs boson. All those little chemical reactions in one place and you say it does not refer to reality. Right

Fail.

11. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

And why should anyone treat your pipe-dreams any different than anyone elses. It's up to the one that makes the claim to supply the proof. Go for it buddy.

But it should probably be in a different thread than this. Or are you claiming this has something to do with disliking atheists?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong: you made the claim - substantiate it.

Also wrong.

Er no. You have posted this specious (and unscientific) idea. What makes you think it has ANY scientific substance?

What exactly do you mean by "Assimilate all the elements of the periodic table into a singular object"? Some sort of weird machine with unnecessary components?

Still wrong - take a look at how the thing would fir together and/ or work (or rather not work).

13. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Your yet to falsify it. Therefore infallible. The proof is in the pudding once you get your head out your arse and help society actually move foreword by

Oh, So only I have heard on nanotechnology. Great I'm leading a paradigm shift with a box full of morons.

Specious how? Unscientific how?

HOLY S**T FINALLY SOMETHING. The nanotech snippet should help your mind a bit. just put together in that type of environment. It's not really a machine the closest thing to it would be an optical computer. Well the hard drive at the least.

Well eventually the heaviest elements will settle to the bottom, but kinetic energy will keep the insides turning until the protons decay.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh wrong again. You made the claim it's up to you to support it it.

Wrong.

Because an arm-waving claim with no support and no actual evidence isn't scientific.

Still not clear. What do you mean exactly?

:roflmao:
    You're hilarious. Really.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  15. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Okay, that's enough what does any of this have to do with comparative religion or dislike of atheists?

Please move this tripe to an appropriate forum -- perhaps the cesspool?

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Agreed. Sorry.

Also agreed. If you would please, Mr Moderator.

17. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

It it?
    I already did. My support is you can find anything you want to know about reality by using a natural object. Your yet to come up with a single reason not to do what I propose. Or refute this simplified understanding of the same principals.
    You should not be looking for what is wrong in your own mind, but how it applies to my ideology. How does reality nanotechnology change the reality of our understanding?

No evidence against my position does not falsify my position. In fact it just makes me feel more comfortable with my ideology.

CLEAR?

Well then picture my ideology. Then prove protons decay (which you can't) so I can't say the object will in fact last forever.

Then we will assume I'm an American and your an atheist or agnostic and find out why I dislike you. Which is the assumption I have been under this entire time. Don't dodge before you criticize. Learn your opponents ideology If you intend to criticize.

This is all part of this perfect world and my American Ideology is still in question against your atheist "beliefs," which you are yet to support. Philosophically you can not disassociate what I have said as an American against your atheist/agnostic ways.

I did not begin the division of this thread that brought the higgs or dark matter into question, but I'll be damned if I don't draw conclusions from these simple misunderstandings.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No you didn't.

Bullshit.

Neither does it lend support. Or validate it.

No.
    How does using every element help?

False argument.

Huh? You've been under the assumption you dislike me?

Also wrong. I haven't dodged.

Oh you're assuming again. And didn't you claim to be not a theist?

And now you're descending even further into gibberish.

So what?

Yes, you're very good at drawing conclusion from your own simple misunderstandings.

19. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Irrelevant

Ignorance

So your admitting in front of an audience none of your statements have a cause/effect relationship against mine.

"What is the seal of attained freedom- no longer being ashamed in front of oneself"-Nietzsche

Well there is the 100 billion dollar question right there isn't it? I mean that LITERALLY.

Using the negative assumptions you leave blind against you? There isn't a word for that type of logic. We both know I can't pull a lawyer in here and say "OBJECTION ARGUMENTATIVE" and actually move on to getting work done.
    Not until all your please moderator come HElp me please remarks. I got something over 100 years old for that logical escape route(=

"Against mediators.-those who wish to be mediators between two resolute thinkers are marked as mediocre to the audience: they lack eyes to see the unparalleled; seeing things as similar and making them the same is the mark of weak eyes."-Nietzschehimself

Which is what you are Dywyddyr. Resolute not prophetic. Even if your crystal ball shenanigans speak the truth. Do you see now why I need no validation. I find it in the words of my peers.

Alright fine. I'll wait till your ready. First I thought of you as a teacher. Now I see you have no feeling for the fact prophetic men suffer a great deal.

Duh... Hello. American.

"Life no argument.-We have fixed up a world for ourselves in which we can live-assuming bodies, lines, planes, causes and effects, motion and rest, form and content: without these articles of FAITH, nobody now would endure life. Life is no argument; the conditions of life could include error."-Nietzsche

Start drawing some conclusions between the semantics that could actually be true. I'm not in this for me I'm in it for you on a deep philosophical level.

The second sentence kinda was my so what.

I know it so help me out and actually reach for something every once in a while.

"What do you consider most humane?- to spare someone shame."-Nietzsche

What is it that makes great men. What are the factors that lead to an Ubermensche? From the sturdiest thief to the supreme dictator. I need better influences

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I agree. You guys have hijacked this discussion and turned it into a name-calling contest.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It's irrelevant that you haven't actually shown your claim has any basis in reality?

Wow! You really do have trouble comprehending English don't you? That's not what I said, nor was it implied.

But inaccurately and falsely.

Word salad.

Re-read what I wrote. I may help you to understand.

Your peers? The other inmates of the asylum?

Prophetic?

And?

Er, no. You've shown no evidence whatsoever that you're capable of philosophy (note, reading books written by philosophers and quoting them does not make you a philosopher), let alone doing anything for me.

You need a brain and some rationality first.

You're obviously not going to explain what you mean (either because you realise it's a half-baked idea or because you're simply pulling words out your backside), I'm done with you.

22. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Cause optical computer. effect detection of higgs boson and proof (or lack-thereof) of dark matter. How is this unclear?

Yet you don't refute that you did not refute my statements. Afraid of yourself to a degree no matter what you say in response. Truth. Because I used to be afraid. What have you become? A monster?

Then where would you ballpark the guesstimate cost of finding 108 samples of each pure element and assembling them using nano-tech into an optical computer? The but implies feasibility.

It was a joke. You missed it or more likely found it displeasing.

How can I say this as an American... I'm right. Your as wrong as the wrongs you dish out unto others. I spill hateful vile truthful words. You will never understand me.

Oh please a psychologist friend is vastly different than the people who actually live in the asylum. Still I think a trip there would bring you back to reality. I'm completely ignorant of any information you would refer to as reality. What do you consider real?

Well I certainly don't have down syndrome. Back in my original days (remember I "believe" I'm Nietzsche) you might be considered slightly retarded just for carrying on like you do. Knowing your every move is irrelevant and doing nothing to stop it. Perhaps I give you too much credit in the "knowing" department. The questions you ask me are the very things you know the least. Why would you ask them otherwise?

Well frankly I'm trying to find out why you dislike me but you keep coming up with the same answers.

So your saying I know nothing of life and (since incapable) should kill myself. That sounds like a highly evolved threat on my life.

Rationality ex post facto.— Whatever lives long is gradually so saturated with reason that its irrational origins become improbable. Does not almost every accurate history of the origin of something sound paradoxical and sacrilegious to our feelings? Doesn’t the good historian contradict all the time?-Nietzsche

Do I contradict anything?
    I told you The whole damn thing was Nietzsche's Mother fucking idea. I've had it stuck in my head since before I can remember and it causes me great suffering to not see it. Physically, mentally, weak somethimes just by the way I watch how others live their lives these days. GO!!! Leave you disgusting creature.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

This thread has become ludicrously off topic.
    I hope someone comes and cleans it up
    There are some very good arguments in it.

@Dwyddyr
    How can you argue with someone for days who talks complete gibberish?
    Here's how to argue with him.

@NietxscheHimself
    Make an optical computer out of all the elements using nanotechnology?
    Yes, Yes, now have a nice cup of tea and take your tablets.......