Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Could have fooled me. I thought they taught basic English and Grammar in schools... must just be my district?

And I'm a recipient of the Presidential Scholarship thank you very much. You DO understand what that means, right? Yeah, that's right- I don't have to pay for my tuition, housing, or books because my SAT's rocked that hard (99th percentile every time baby)

So take your perceived notion that you have some semblance of intelligence and shove it, because you have proven quite the opposite with nearly every "proof" your provide.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Give the Time Span mate. It's entirely possible they are still recovering from the last battle- remember, Voyager IS on it's own. No spacedock, very few spare parts, and a crew that consists of whomever they can pick up along the way.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, your Heavy Turbolaser produces about the same power output as a duck farting.

That is, until you provide some evidence of it's true power output.

As you are only able to throw out numbers that not only are made up, but change slightly every time you give them, I will never believe what you say.

And Temur, ST forever

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

According to you, this is defunct as the Ent-D is old hat anyway. The Ent-E's Type 15 warp core is rated to give a theoretical 300% boost in efficiency over the old Type 13 (if you go by video games, which you YOURSELF used before)

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and I'll say it one last time:

Q snaps fingers.

Star Wars goes Bye Bye.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hey this is just posting, you get grammar witha full dissertation. until them bite me.

Why yes I do understand that one. I have it myself. Perfect SAT's, Perfect ACT's, and scored perfection on all of my MEAP test. So?

You have yet to prove me wrong even once. When you do, then we will talk.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Prove first Q is capable of that, biggest thing we have seen is move a moon back to orbit.

Provided that Q can, prove Q will, given that he has NEVER interfered in a war.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I have not used the video games as they are completely uncanon.

BTW even a 300% increase in power puts the total power of a Federation ship below the fire power of a common SW weapon.

12. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Yes i know voyager is on his own, i was reffering more to TNG. but leave it at this.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Doesn't voyager have replicaters? i don't know;:shrug:

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The latest in your string of lies.

Incredible Cross Sections: Attack of the Clones. Acclamator class ISD 8 Heavy Turbolasers (2 cannons each) provides a barrage of 200 gigatons.

200/16=12.5

Heavy Turbolaser has 12.5 gigatons equivalent power in a 1/15th second shot. (Using the longest known non-superlaser shot length in SW)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I don't have to prove they are as in the episode, but okay.

The ship fires the shot hits and shields are suddenly offline. From appearances the eletronic crackles we see are the ships shields shorting out. It fits the observation in the episode. There is no evidence to the contrary present.

15. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

If I'm correct TW, Data never gets to the "per second" part. He could have been about to say "per gram of antimatter" or "per nanosecond". Even though it is likely that the line was supposed to be "per second", the sentence is never completed so you cannot assume that.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  16. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

this Incredible Cross Sections is this cannon?
    If it is then indeed a heavy turbolaser is 12.5.
    So what's the power of a normal turbolaser ?

17. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

1) Data never finished his sentance.

2) The ship was in orbit of a planet and wasn't actually doing anything at the time. No shields, weapons, or anything else, just the natural stuff that goes on the ship.

3) Back that up with evidence.

18. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Funny, they could have done that in Star Trek 10...and yet they didn't. Funny that. And again, these are phaser banks, much weaker than the Phaser Arrays we see in TNG.

It seems to me that everyone seems to think its a dangerous idea. And by the way, we already have evidence of phasers being able to vaporize rocks an metals, as I have already posted evidence before in this thread. Would you like me to go fetch them?

Excuse me? Who died and made you master of Star Trek Canon? The official canon states that TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise are all canon. And furthermore, that things that some things are not always hard canon. For example, known and obvious mistakes. Such as the Klingong Homeworld being a week away from Earth. Such as the fact that in DS9 the Defiant kept on changing sizes. Such as the fact that the Klingon Birg of Prey keeps changing sizes in all three series. Going by your logic, the USS Defiant is able to magically change its size. So tell me again, how are you in any right territory claiming low ST firepower when all you have to go on is one episode that doesn't even match the firepower seen?

...No it wouldn't. Taking down a single shield emitter means you have to stretch the rest of the shield to cover that hole, or just leave it. Taking down a shield emitter won't cause a problem at all. Multiple loss of shield emitters will, or a lost of a shield generator, but not one emitter.

No, because the energy is the weapon that hit the shield and is not in origin of the shield emitters, which are located at the hull. And furthermore, there is no evidence that the shield emitters shorted out.

19. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

That's like calling the kettle black...

Sorry, but this clashes with the firepower limit given by Han Solo in Episode 4, where he claims that the entire Star Fleet couldn't destroy Alderaan. This is of course, more powerful ships in the future. Also, why is it that we never see this 200 gigaton firepower in the movies? In fact, in RTS we don't see anything at all in terms of high yield firepower. All we see are minor explosions compared to the energy needed to prove what you claim. In fact, I would hardly even call Star Wars logical. Apparently, they think its a good idea to place the shield generator on the outside of the ship next to the hanger bay, and apparently, its so weak that a fighter can take it out.

Or is this another case of them used to having the ability and losing it later?:m:

20. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Again, the firepower is proven wrong. It does not match up with the stated firepower in the movies. That makes it non-canon. Because if they had that kind of firepower, an ISD could easily tear apart planet in short order.

21. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Then start acting like it.

And so was the blast of energy from that warship. And in Descent the Enterprise D was hiding from a Borg ship that had dealt damage to the ship's shields before they even went into the Corona.

And no indication that it took the entire warp core. And I must ask, since these weapons where aroun the power of a photon and beam-like weapons, why didn't one shot take down the entire shield grid?

22. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

First, photons are shielded, that's why they glow and you can modify them to phase through shielding of another ship provided that you have the right frequency. And for that matter, hitting a torp with a phaser tends to have a very bad effect, it actually amplifies the explosion rather than destroy the threat.

23. Saquist Banned Banned

Retrospectively Q was going to remove humanity from the Universe. I'd consider that considerable power. Equating that to Removing anything Star Wars related from the Milky Way will prove no problem.

It's all about the storyline. And that wouldn't be very intresting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.