Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

Invader Zim is kinda kooky

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but he doesn't have Part 3 of episode 2

(((

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Heh, st-vs-sw.net is safe enough mate - nothin on it that'll hurt ya

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ricrery Banned Banned

@Qmaru

Q has never shown anything universal in terms of power. That's the problem, because Xeelee have. Also, Xeelee also use hand held guns to destroy stars, maybe not as an aftereffect, but still.

@Starmaru

There was a time SD.net was the most corrupt site on the web, and I was busy on Comic Book Resource Forums while that was happening. Things have settled down, and I am happy to say virtually every thread uses calculations. Also, if Lucas himself said Anakin got his scar from EU, therefor it is canon. Also, RotS states "whole worlds have burned" and this must refer to Base Delta Zero. Add in I know he once stated the Death Star used a chain reaction and he really seems biased himself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

about the last sentence: So you are basically implying that the fans know more than GC himself.... :huh: :facepalm: Do you know how ARROGANT that sounds??? :bugeye:
    GC has a right to do, or say, whatever he wants about HIS universe. If he suddenly says, 'this or that is not part of my universe' then that's the final word.

And we've said a million times that that sight has bullshit, pull-out-of-your-ass calculations. They way they do things there, is basically a propaganda stunt. They think if they keep saying lies people will eventually believe it. Not so.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

No, I stated they can withstand a galaxy buster because they are breaking physics just by being stronger than EM fields.

Construction Material

I don't know, hurling it is confirmed, maybe even using the black hole to degenerate.

They used it to contain the entire human race in a cube a few meters in diameter, and the scientists assumed it was many light years around. They could simply contain the entire race in a cube.

HAHA! So NO ship AT ALL can destroy a star is STRONGER than a STARBREAKER? WANK ALERT. The only known ship is a Nightfighter that was damaged and had only a 3m in it. Real warships would be far more powerful than the Nightfighter.

Ooooh, so? Can Irkens hurl galaxies as bullets with their "industry", can they create indestructible ships with their "industry", can they even time travel picoseconds after the Big Bang and conquer it with their "industry"? Nope.

Manifold no, Xeelee Sequence, no, Doctor Who, no, Culture, no, and others, no.

Humanity was nearly as advanced as them, but they were still a distraction, and during the million years of war, the Xeelee were still toying with them enough to trap them in a pocket universe. You know jack shit about science don't you? Dark Matter makes up how much of the universe? Oh right, 70%, and Xeelee were fighting them for billions of years, and were losing. Xeelee could destroy galaxies on accident and not give a shit. Does that say much?

9. ricrery Banned Banned

Man: How did Anakin get that scar?
    George: Something that happened in EU, maybe it was an accident.
    Trekkies: HE SAYS EU IS NOT CANON.
    Me::facepalm:

Wrong, I wasn't even talking about SW calcs, I was talking about people making calcs for other fictions :facepalm:

10. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

GC doesn't have to explain what he does. If all the answers are there, then what's the point of watching what he creates? A good film is SUPPOSE to leave you with questions.

No. I'm right. Unless you are thinking that what everybody else wrote was in their imagination. :bugeye:

11. ricrery Banned Banned

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Rice, he also says that, for all he knows, Anakin could have slipped in the shower in that same interview... you can't pick and choose your source material man... surely you understand that.

13. ricrery Banned Banned

I assume he's allowing EU to cross with G-Canon. Besides, RotS says "whole worlds have burned"

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And yet, it also says that "the power to destroy worlds is insignificant next to the power of the force", and yet in the movies the most we see done with the force is some lightning, choking, a little control over weak minded people, and the occasional telekinesis.

It never says HOW whole worlds have burned - at the hands of 1-2 ships, or even 1-2 dozen ships, cool. At the hands of 2-3 hundred ships... not so impressive... at the hands of 1-2 thousand ships... who cares.

Species 8472 is capable of going Death Star on a planet with 8 regular ships... nothing special about em at all. Focus fire and *pop* goes the planet.

15. ricrery Banned Banned

Problem is, SW planets have shields, as well as the chain reaction S8472 uses can't be used in combat, making it useless.

16. ricrery Banned Banned

And in EU, we see Force users killing planets, hurling the cores of stars, creating wormholes and etc. So that must be filler.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Except if all this was possible... why wasn't it used in the movies? Why didn't Windu, Yoda, or a host of other powerful Jedi use such power in the Clone Wars saga? Where was this power when the Emperor needed to crush the rebellion?

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Some planets have shields. Most use theater shields. And even then, the way the 8472 weapon works, they could simply come out of warp in formation and fire. Even if the ships are destroyed, *poof* goes the planet.

19. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

this has already been disproven. But since you are unwilling to watch anything, and running your mouth like Busta Rhymes all the time, there's no point in talking about it. You only seem to talk because you like reading your own words. What ever we say goes in one ear and out the other in a black hole.

20. ricrery Banned Banned

This has got to shitting me

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, assuming for a second I excuse the utter impossibility of what I just watched (not even including how utterly ridiculous that ship was), say that was true.

Mace Windu was the last of a kind of Jedi that blended both dark and light side powers. From every source I can see, he was, literally, the last of his kind.

From your own Wookiepedia:

Widely considered one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, Windu created Vaapad, the modern seventh form of lightsaber combat, and was one of only two people to fully master it, and the only one of those two not to fall to the dark side. It was said that the only opponents with a chance to out spar him were Yoda and Count Dooku.

Thus, his superior abilities and actions are not exactly a "common trait" among jedi, and not something that they can be assumed able to use.

Yes, Mace Windu kicks ass... he crushed Greivous' chest with the force without succumbing to the dark side, even though that was a decidedly "dark" attack.

My point, however, still stands - it would appear that, as of the movies, the last of the "great" jedi masters were gone. Yoda himself was incredibly weakened and soon died. Luke, while potent, is no Mace Windu. Obi Wan is gone, and even Palpatine's powers are, obviously, diminished.

Who's left to carry on such legacies, such powers? Nobody... and thus the force has, essentially, been left all but impotent, relegated to such tasks as mind fuckery, bio-feedback, and minute-precognition.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

There you have it - Windu was more powerful when fighting at his extreme than even GRAND MASTER YODA.

I concede - Windu was one badass muthafucka. However, with his death, I think the force lost a LOT of it's bite.

However, I have a problem with how strong he was, especially in the areas of Telekinesis... why is it that when Palpatine zapped him with force lightning, which did NOT kill him but rather knocked him out of the window (as per the script), he died as a result of a 50 foot fall to the ground? You're telling me a man able to leap 300+ feet into the air died from a 50 foot fall? SOmething just doesn't add up...

23. ricrery Banned Banned

That was T-Canon, so George was involved.

In the novel, Palpatine is winning over both Mace and Yoda, and he was one of many Sith Lords with a slight strength advantage. See, Palpatine wanted to lose to get Anakin to join. Yoda was also aware he was losing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.