Churches quit feeding homeless

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Orleander, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Groups that do not allow atheists or homosexuals to be members at the very least deserve to be shunned. Screw the BSA.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

All organisations have membership requirements. Why would an atheist or a homosexual want to be a member of a church?

Didn't the Royal Society of London ask a clergyman to step down?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The only thing I'll say about this whole thread is this: It's their money, they can spend it (or not) in any way the choose.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

thats exactly my point read-only. Now you finally get why GOVERMENT and not NGO's should be responcable for the wealfare of the people

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"charities" look to there own adjender wether that be cohersion into there belife or that superior feeling that the ritch get from "slumming it". Goverments on the other hand have a DUTY, its there JOB to ensure the wealfare of all the citizans

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Isn't this obvious?

This isn't especially hard to figure out.

"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.

"Then the King will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?'

"And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

"Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

"Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?'

"Then he will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

(Matthew 25.31-46)

Whatever happened to the "Christ" part of "Christian"?

Notes:

The Bible: Revised Standard Version. http://quod.lib.umich.edu/r/rsv/

9. LostInThought7 Registered Senior Member

I fail to see how that verse is relevant. Throughout the entire article, it never said that they reject homeless homosexuals food, just that they don't hand out food standing next to those that are more tolerant of the homosexual lifestyle.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And so they do, and of course there is no problem.

Simply a fact, to be remembered: that is what fundies are like, keep their religion and the power of the state separate.

11. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Asguard,

Agreed.

12. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: I find that VERY SAD. Another of what few sources of kindness are left in our nation has decided to turn their back on people in real need. I am crying as I type this. I see our nation turning against each other in a time when we need to come together. ....traveler

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't know how it is in Aussieland, but the US Constitution makes it clear that the fed gov ensures the COMMON welfare ......not the welfare of only a select few. The US fed gov is NOT, and never was intended as, a charity!

Baron Max

14. LostInThought7 Registered Senior Member

"Another of what few sources of kindness are left in our nation has decided to turn their back on people in real need. I am crying as I type this."

Very dramatic. Did you read the part where they said that they are not stopping in their feeding of the poor, just who they are feeding the poor with?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This is sciforums.

16. LostInThought7 Registered Senior Member

I'm learning this more, day by day.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

well, I suppose I wouldn't want to be associated with the anti-gay bigots even if they were feeding the homeless. I suppose if the non-haters didn't want to work with the haters I would be more understanding because I agree with them.

well, actions speak louder than words, so I expect them to start feeding the homeless again.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

They didn't ask you to join or associate with them, did they?

And I can't get it through my head why you (and others here) think that this group should feed anyone and everyone? If they choose to feed only the homeless who are, say, Catholic or Jewish or...., why should you try to force them to feed others?

If they choose not to feed gay homeless people, then isn't that they're perogative? What right do you have to judge them as you obviously have? I'm soooo curious.

Baron Max

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I expect them to start feeding the homeless because that is what they said they would do, not because they are christians and that is what christians are supposed to do.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

They are, Orleander, just not the homeless people that are gay. And surely you must know that there's lots more UN-gay homeless than gay homeless, rigth?

So you shiould be happy that they'r doing their part, and giving the people that feed gay homeless people a helping hand taking all those nasty UN-gay people off their hands.

Baron Max

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: what makes you think that? This has nothing to do with homeless gay people. It has to do with "I'm not working with people who think being gay isn't a sin"
    who else will they lord their superiority over?

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

"Lord their superiority...."????? They're just not working with the other groups, that's all. They didn't say that the others couldn't feed the gays or anything. They just pulled out of the organization/partnership/or whatever is was/is.

As I see it, YOU are the one "lording it over" others .....by trying to tell them what to do, how to do it, and who to do it with!

Tolerance, Orleander, is a wonderful thing. Try it some time. And, yes, Orleander, it means being tolerant of even those who are NOT tolerant.

Baron Max

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMFAO!!! Did your hands go up in flames when you typed that?