Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

as said that was no yacht lad, it was a shuttle.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I know that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know, just dissing on TW Crazyman

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I will argue about the first part later. Ion Cannon shots plasma.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thats the same reason why Leia didn't die from the blaster shot in addition to that the shot bouced off from the walls.
    Ha Ha. You just again countered yourself. If they use all their nice weapons in their movies, it would be very boring watching all the heavy guns do the work.

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I proved from time to time that the ISD is not destroyed.
    If you want proof here it is
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Hoth
    At the Casulties box, it says that 2 star destroyers are disabled, if you look futher, you will find that one is disabled by Ion Cannon fire and one is disbaled by engine damage by the rebels transports. Star Wars do target manuly, and they unlike ST, doesn't substain damage while their shields are on.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not so at all - if they don't use their "nice" weapons, it implies they expect their "weak" weapons to do the job, which they don't seem to do. Thus, when the weaker weapons fail, they SHOULD, logically, use the heavier guns. As they don't do that, we must assume they cannot do so for whatever reason.

That blaster shot DID NOT BOUNCE. I have watched the scene no less than EIGHT times now- it DOES NOT BOUNCE.

Either it simply grazed her and passed cloth to cloth without hitting skin (a possibility) or the blaster was SERIOUSLY toned down... or the blaster is a pathetic weapon to be of no concern!

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That wiki is NOT cannon jedi... and I didn't say it was destroyed, but the bridge tower is, quite OBVIOUSLY, gone! You cannot say you can't tell that by looking at it!
    Trek ships do not often sustain damage while their shields are up- the problem is, though, that Trek shields also defend against KINETIC energy. Thus, the SHIELD GENERATORS must resist sheering forces. As we've seen time and again, Star Wars shields often let physical objects pass unhindered... so they do not have this sheering to compensate for. You smack a Trek ship with an asteroid, and the ship WILL sustain damage, but it will be largely intact.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The Imperials their big guns because they don't need them in their opinion because they overestimate themselves ( but not Grand Admiral Thrawn and General Tagge )
    Blaster bolts do bounce off blast doors ( I mean blaster rifle and blaster pistol ), the blaster shot might have grazed her, but that is no direct hit acording to the place she got the cut, I can show you proof once I got the link where antaran 1979 got his pictures from.
    Republic did use heavy guns, and so did CIS.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

If the bridge is destroyed, the ISD will explode in a shot time. It is not gone because all three captains are present afterwards, except the ones disabled. You can check the sources of the infomation, and what do you call C-Canon?

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Watch the scene... going by the angle of attack, that was a DIRECT hit.

And you keep contradicting yourself... how can they overestimate themselves when they START LOOSING? That is the point, as they loose ships, they should use these invisible, mysterious big guns!

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Do you deny the films and Clone Wars?

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uh... no.

Movie overrides all other canon.

And if the entire SHIP would explode just because the bridge is gone... do NOT get me started on poor design!

Of course, by that logic, that means the Executor would have blown itself up... or do ISD's not have a secondary bridge as Scott likes to claim?

If this is true, Trek ships have a HUGE advantage - full DECKS of the ship can be destroyed and it is still at least partially operational!

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Watch the films, the Imperials always overestimate themselves.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, we are basing our findings FROM the films! The films and clone wars DISPUTE what the books are trying to claim!

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Are you hopeless... or just trying to irritate me?

ONCE YOU START TO LOOSE, OVERESTIMATING BECOMES A NON PROBLEM. You will, and I repeat, WILL use any force necessary to LIVE.

Unless your crews are THAT incompetent, which means Star Trek would EASILY overwhelm Star Wars because of this overestimation!

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

It can explode, but they have to be quick to eject the bridge to not explode.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Only the Galactic Empire, again the Remnants don't overestimate. First, they they thought the DS can take care of everything. Second, they have good odds, they outnumber and outgun the rebels, they thought they can overwhelm the rebels. Third, they lost hope when Palpatine and Thrawn died.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

So all the Republic and CIS warships I talked about is Canon.

23. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Then prove they are what you claim, because I haven't heard of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.