Nirvana - What exactly is it?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Cypheran, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Cypheran Registered Member

I came across a thread on nirvana, just stumbled over the net.

People asking exactly if its "Neo" like or some mad explanation for such an experience.

So i thought, well i achieved this a few days ago (no lies here, got to be truthful) and i thought maybe you would want my support of understanding the process of post-nirvana, the event of nirvana and after nirvana.

If anyone starts posting "You have not gone through it" please could a moderator remove such a person for its ignorant behaviour.

Ok, so..

What's the post stage like?

Sleeping is absolutely all over the place! If you think you can sleep properly, think again! When i was coming up to the point, 3 hours sleep, then waking up, for a few hours, back to bed for 3 hours, then up again. (Yeah it was rather unsettling)

Then the day came, out of nowhere, im eating my jacket potato and beans, im pretty happy, did well with conditioning my mind anyway. But then love.. you start to find it all of a sudden increase to the source or supreme being, love goes right out of this world, this means feeling of love is ten-fold! You kinda hug this spiritual being full of love.. then WHAM! You get the blowout effect from the love energy, your body shakes after as if its going through a cold turkey stage, sweating like a body builder going nuts at the gym. This stays with you for an hour.

I had to get in the bath after it.. dizzy, like a relapse.

Then my eyes were focusing differently, the pupil was enlarged in light.
    Ego removed, kept trying to access it in my mind, but got a block feeling.
    But the best thing was inner peace, like feeling stoned naturally!
    Emotions all positive, no weight at all. Feels damn nice!
    No need to smoke, so if a hippie says otherwise, it's a lie. (You can smoke after it which actually causes worrying feelings for a first time, more to do with paranoia, which is weird for someone who never had this before. Maybe there is another stage? Im still to understand this.)

Im still feeling the effects still, happened 4 days ago, and im still coming to terms with such a transformation.

How did i do it? Remove vices, understand all virtues and be of virtue.
    I also looked into psychology, some philosophy, but otherwise its mostly conditioning towards understanding your reality as well as yourself. I did have a unity of love with the supreme being even before the process, as if i was talking to it to gain help. I would read my dreams and make notes on what exactly it was saying. These were messages to help me develop.

Buddhists have got it correct, their knowledge upon it is correct. Don't doubt it.

Do i see like Neo? Hahaha! No! That's another lesson in itself.

Do i feel very positive? Yes
    Do i feel inner peace and without weight mentally? Yes
    Do i sense my surroundings differently? Yes, but its still adjusting currently.
    Do i get angry? Only to my outside environment, inside i have no anger. It is not anger towards myself, its of others while helping them realise their problems within themselves.
    Do i feel hungry to support others? YES! Felt like i was some sort of angel that required to exercise my altruism to even larger ways. (This is the new objective, you work for others rather than yourself since there is no ego)

So hopefully this helps you realise a few things.

Im not after your love, thanks or whatever, this is purely me educating you on what exactly the experience is.

Is it worth it? VERY! The burden of ego is a huge one!

That's it for me, any questions, go ahead. (Obviously im new here cause i stumbled and had ppl asking all sorts of things about it, some having some very ignorant answers, some very extraordinary, so i thought i would level it all)

That's it, hope it helped

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Heightened sense of total well being that lets you feel total euphoria and oneness with the universe.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Seems more like an attitude that says "Screw it!" Or maybe it's a release of all your desires. I suppose that if you didn't give a damn about anything, nothing could really hurt you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Ever felt that you were ever totally aware of everything, like having an epiphany or enlightenment about something that made you feel very fulfilled and understanding of whatever it was you were thinking about?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nirvana is nothing more or less than the world itself.

11. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

It is the realization of the world as itself.

12. GASHOLE Registered Senior Member

Nirvana is peace

13. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

I was going to only refer to Wiki to point out that 'nirvana' literally means 'blowing out', but they do it so well, I decided to quote wholesale. Forgiveness please!:worship:

14. kmguru Staff Member

I do not think, you can have Nirvana while alive in this body...but you can try...like a Buddhist monk...that does not mean that you may not come back to be born again...

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

A great band from the 90's. Ol' Kurt really had promise. Damn shame about the heroin and stuff. Hope Courtney catches incurable clap.

16. Balerion Banned Banned

Too easy.

17. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Nirvana is a state of mind with a direct connection to all emotions yet a physical appearance of none of them. In you life you allow your emotions to last as long as possible then when you meet a new person you remember all the experiences that brought you these emotions and reveal them slowly. You tell a story which sways their emotions. If they have none you control their emotions for them, if they follow you teach them how to reach for this state of mind.

Nirvana is not happiness it is a way of telling your experiences with full knowledge of yourself.

This gives you the ability of feeling any way by your own command.

You have not reached nirvana.

18. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

If one is still thinking in terms of me and you and one's emotions, Nirvana will remain elusive.

19. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Each person searches for a specific new level in terms of their experience. When I say experience I mean a real physical experience which conforms them to thought, not some sort of hierarchy of wisdom. You teach someone to think of the real experiences they encounter in a new light. And the new experiences instantly have a deeper meaning.

I'm not perfect by anyone's standards at withholding emotions. But I do know nirvana will forever remain elusive if the veil of emotions clouds our every glance into the universe. Emotions have nothing to do with reality yet we constantly mix our sights with how we "feel" about the issue. It is what it is not what our minds could ever make it to be. Again you would mostly show emotion for those who didn't know it's power. And to those who did know it's power, all you share is laughter.

It's a simple formula if your capable of laughter, still it would not work on me. I am too far below it to consider the factors into my surroundings...

Still I know it has been this way for thousands of years.

20. diverightindia Registered Member

its impossible without leaving the body

21. spockster Registered Member

Nirvana is like a very long Satori (true story

)

22. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Here is another good answer to the question:
    from Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki (page 102)

23. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Most likely, it should be somewhat achieving the centerline as I indicated in another thread, for example.