Updates

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, May 29, 2008.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Sell blood?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

sounds like a todo list...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but seriously when you fill out your w2 at the start of a job claim 0 dependants so they will take out the maximum amount, at the end of the year claim normal, its like a savings account..they will give you back what you overpaid.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

They don't really pay for blood, but they do pay for plasma-about $30 a week...

Buy you beans to eat with.

Start a dog-walking business...AND

Apply as kennel help at groomers, boarding facilities, pet shops and veterinarians(the poop-scoop boogie).

AND look for people looking for...
    Stable help (larger animals, more poop, but horse poo is less stinky...)

AND ask at large-animal vets for people who need their horses/other large animals cared-for when out of town.

Around here this will pay $45 a day, probably more like $50-55 in CA.

It's two trips-am and pm. Horses need fed grain 2x-day, and no, you absolutely cannot get away with putting it all out at once-you can actually kill them doing that.

If you eat meat, you could go get a fishing license...I don't but if I did I'd be out fishing at night on the weekends...with a flashlight in a ziplock bag about six inches underwater. Pay for the license, then free food.
    Your bait supply is restaurant dumpsters-yep, spike a maggot...
    Plus bullfrogs are an invasive nonnative species to CA, so I imagine you could have all the froglegs you want. Frogs you are supposed to hunt with a flashlight and some sort of spiked stick, at night.
    I had those once-you bread them and fry them. NOMNOM!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

In the end it came out more like a storyboard - after years of sweeping chimneys for a shilling a day and a birdshit sandwich I joined a rock band, married a stipper, caught crabs from a fudgepacker and.... well let's not mention the blowholes again....

Just for future reference here; my 'to do' list is easily recogniseable by the fact Hayley Williams is on top.

If only.

8. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Dude, I absolutely, positively guarantee you a job at $9.00+ within a week.

Open your newspaper and look for "telemarketing" or "customer service" (on the phone). Yes, it's boring. Yes, you sit in a cubicle for 6-8 hours a day, probably starting with night-shift. Yes, you have to talk to morons on the phone all day. No, I can't promise you that they will keep you on past the training period. (Usually two weeks). This will depend on you - be willing to work any shift, as many or as few hours as they need you - at a moment's notice. And continued employment is still capricious... They hire anyone and everyone - then let God sort 'em out.

Seriously, it's the nature of the business / industry - it is still scarcity driven from the employer's side. (As to finding productive dedicated employees) I'd hire you today - you appear to speak and write English relatively well - you're hired. This is not idle talk - I would, after all who cares, right? I've got to hire twenty people this week anyway. And next week, and the week after... We'll see if you're still here in a couple weeks. Unfortunately, my business is located as far from California as possible - Florida. Want to make the move for $9.00 per hour?

Go do this and PM me next week - from your new job.

9. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

agreed.. if you dont have your own buissness than there is absolutly no reason whatsoever not to do taxes yourself

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Does it have to be your own blood?

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Fudge Packer?
    Isn't that an insulting word for a Homosexual?

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well you could go out in the middle of the night and drain a few cattle, obviously when the bodies are found it's usually implied aliens did it or it's apart of a government conspiracy but you'll be up probably about $80 per head. (And it's not quite the same as rustling)

You can also try the organ market, you just have to hope nobody notices it ain't human parts your dealing in.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Even the most unscrupulous blood banks insist on drawing it directly from your arm. So not only does it have to be your own blood, you have to be demonstrably human.

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What if you could bring in human blood anonymously, no questions asked, and be paid for it?
    Surreptitiously.

Say, at any one of these blood banks?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I love you guys

thanks for the support. I paid H&R Block and got my return envelopes to mail back. Paid state tax, just waiting for federal till I get paid from unemployment lol

I am going out like mad applying to various places. I sent lots of apps out today, I'm gonna pickup paper later. On another note my sisters husband constantly goes in the bathroom and supposedly does weed, but he's in there A LONG time seriously 1/2 hour and at the end sniffs like a bitch, so wtf? Is this guy doing something else other than pot?

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

It's easier to ask for forgiveness when he says that he's "smoking weed." Way more socially acceptable than cocaine or if he's more adventurous, methamphetamine.

17. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

Maybe he is addicted to pooping.

18. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

takes alot of time to get that in small enough lines to get through a straw..

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

It is, and the Fudge Packer's Union aren't happy about that.

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

and... this woman was a fudge packer... arrested for stealing fudge.

21. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

So much for the subtlety!

22. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

So I had an interview today, I was interviewing at a security company. I have my CA guardscard so I figured I'd give it a shot. He said they had nothing open nearby here but would consider me for a customer service position, just had to discuss it with the scheduling partners he has. We'll see if it pans out, seriously I've my doubts. We'll see =/ I think moving home may be the only option soon, guess it will be lol Psychics told me to not move home, to stay, but anyway this is funny listen to this.......

My dad always said to enroll in Nuclear Medicine or XRAY Tech, but I found on indeed.com forums posts by Nucler Med Techs and they all said the field dried up! LOL Guys with 13 years experience even, check it out LOL

http://www.indeed.com/forum/job/nuclear-medicine-technologist/Boom-bust/t556/p2

O laughed my ass off reading it and asked a few questions near the end. They said both fields suck and not to bother LOL FUCKING LUCKY I didn't burn money on the crap my dad wanted me too, whew... if I go home though he'll want me to enroll in something, any ideas for someone bad in math?

23. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

You're obviously a pretty smart guy... just lazy and unmotivated. I hope that working security isn't your life goal. Oh... and why did you go to a psychic? Wow.

Well, this is true of any field: become the best (or one among them) and you'll never be short of a job in any field. People that become the best never have a hard time finding a position.. because companies are asking for them... not the other way around.

To be honest... math isn't that hard once you understand that the sort of thinking involved isn't much different the type of thinking you do on a regular basis. It wasn't until 8th grade that I had this "aha!" moment and math made sense. Before than I may as well have forever been stuck on not understanding how to add fractions.