Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Size = power now? Well, then, I guess you're all screwed if the Caretaker Array showed up... lol...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Saquist is a pro-trek debator that has done some pretty extensive research into it, going so far as to (I believe it was him) modify one of the PC Games with ST and SW ships and using mathmatic equations to derive power figures for them. I have no idea on his progress, though.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ricrery Banned Banned

FC was the Defiant which was prepared to ram it, before they could transported onto the Enterprise, Q Who didn't involve ramming, neither did BoBW, haven't seen Drone nor Revulsion.

For which one? The first one is easy because the Imperium is protecting planets. The second is because one point in BFG means 300 teratons, whereas it takes the entire Enterprises Photon stock just to conjure up 6 gigatons, MUST I go on? Exclude THAT, and you still have obsolete 610 gigaton torpedoes that they can fire from 4 tubes, so it would take the Enterprise 102 times its stock just to match one torpedo, and they fire four per volley. xD.

Bad move there, they don't take kindly to people who state Trek opinions against Warhammer opinions... prepare to get flamed.

Shoot down this many? Ignoring that, how are they going to get past the petaton level shielding.

They have fighters, and they accelerate at 100000-380000 Gs, that or .75 times the speed of light in battles, those ships are going DOWN.

You look for yourself

God dammit, I told you, they are no more powerful than EU SW (which you despise).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

Words of Blacksun2175

8. ricrery Banned Banned

By the way, link to where you commented.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I despise EU SW bs... there are some good books and even a few good games, b ut so much of it is utter bullshit that it isn't funny... where it contradicts the movies, it doesn't apply. END OF FUCKING STORY. Lucas said it over and over - SW ended with the final movie. Thus, anything set AFTER that, doesn't matter. PERIOD.

Dont' like it? Tough shit.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm going to assume Blacksun was Wong's username somewhere? I recall seeing that quote in other places... and yet Blacksun had no proof to back it up at all...

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Huh?

12. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

You provide a quote from this person but fail to show the proof he or she supposedly has shown. Please provide this proof.

13. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

I believe so, though I'm not familiar with 40K canon policy.

Here's a link also to the Lexicanum wiki. "Overview" talks about Necron Gauss Cannons: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necron

Interesting...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Tell that to Zim and the jets deploy from his PAK that were calc at that going off of "Planet Jackers"... didn't do a thing to him!

14. ricrery Banned Banned

I know, but where do we see it in any of your claims?

No .pdf for the first one, but CLEARLY the Imperium is a DYING civilization, it holds what it has.

Let me guess? NRF? I stated that a photon is in the megaton range while being omnidirectal and losing some of its power to space.

An old book stated obsolete torpedoes produce 610 gigatons, and in ST, 42 gigatons is enough to destroy a small moon which is full of shit.

Irrelevant, because it loses power, and the plasma warhead has the power to damage it while not hitting it directly because of the detonation. Add in the ship would lose power too much and have to stop...

Um, no, that's the 6,300-10,000 meter behemoth of a ship's speed. So, it's so much bigger and so much faster... I can see it crushing the Enterprise just by accelerating, I have no idea how fast the fighters are though.

Necrodermis probably has thick molecular bondage because of the weapons they use.

George himself used EU in the movies. Tough. Shit.

Factpile, where did you comment?

15. ricrery Banned Banned

This guy.

16. ricrery Banned Banned

The Rulebook > Codex > Novel > everything else

Rulebook shows a 6 cm moon would be destroyed by a lance, that means 6,000 km have been destroyed.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wow... just... these "arguments" are hardly more than unsupported, unsubstantiated claims made out of desperation

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm.. okay... still not sure how he's relevant to anything here.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, so what is a lance? The Lexicanum mentions an Armagedon Gun on one ship... but states nothign about them burning thru a planet...

And reading up on their other weapons further reinforces what I said - a 200m torpedo is hard for most ship weapons (short of defense turrets and fighters) to hit? Then a 600m starship going .8c is going to be nigh-impossible to hit...

20. ricrery Banned Banned

Name one weapon similar to what the Imperium uses.

Why would they fight on a planet they don't own? They would sterilize it.

Well, considering NRF is probably useless against shielded targets or ships as a whole, what will they do?

How is it not a reference? Read this out of date statement

and in truth, one point is worth 300 teratons, and these torpedoes are plasma reactor warheads, not nuclear...

The Cardassian Dreadnought

ST ships run on energy, fact. When they lose too much energy, they have to stop what they're doing, fact. Even without it, there are lances, weapons batteries, and the almighty Nova Cannon which can take phaser shots and hit the Enterprise.

Q Who.

I said those massive warships move at .75-.90c, and if the Enterprise wasn't fast enough, it would be like a fly hitting a car and getting scraped off.

First they have get past shielding which takes flotillas of battleships to do.

Don't see it.

A magical LASER (yeah, that thing Trekkers view as useless) that the Retribution only has 3 of.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  21. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

Can we please stop with the WH40k argument. It's not on the poll, so stop using it. Make a different thread and stop filling this one with off-topic posts.

22. ricrery Banned Banned

I requested it on the second one, but that one is no longer existent...

23. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I'm guessing the second one was merged due to it changing the nature of the original.... I don't know...

This one has its contenders and Pollux hasn't added any others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.