Sciforums Fleet

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Thor, May 19, 2004.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Captain Minamoto then reported,

"Battlegroup SRT-1138G01, contact at designated mission point Uniform-Mike-2, engaging in pre-designated attack formation,"

In simpler terms, the Amaterasu and its compliment of VFs have engaged in combat with the enemy, and so far, everything is going as planned, the enemy haven't detected them yet. The mines, stasis fields, sleeper missiles, automated turrets, drones etc. they set in place should completely disable them, all they have to do is to move in to mop-up. Sure enough that is what happened on the displays of nearly every single engagement. They herded them to the traps like sheep. These ones was different, those are the Tier-1 targets for this mission.

"Uniform-Mikes have been trapped,"

They gave a designation to the enemy based on their contact points and a color, Reds, Greens and Blues are Tier-1 targets. Suddenly the situation drastically changed,

"Uniform-Mike-Red, Green and Blue have been destroyed, sir!"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: Is this a battle between my guys and yours? Could you give a bit of an explanation to these codes and what not and what your guys did? I re read it several times and am still confused.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I finished portal, the game is not a lie

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Umm...okay.

So basically my guy's plan is to capture the Holian patrols headed towards the Holian Military HQ, install slave systems on them, and then use them as bait. Right now, the battle is to capture those ships alive.

SRT-1138G01 = Amaterasu

Uniform-Mike-2 = the contact point, the number is based on the ETA, 1 for first wave, 2 for second wave.

Uniform Mikes = enemies at Uniform-Mike 2

Colors = level of importance of enemies

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Lol, you pay Portal too?

Sick game eh?

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

10. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

When can you and your ship find mine and we fight? We've been twiddling our thumbs for the past dozen or so posts.

"I think I found a destroyed holian cruiser."

"Jolly good, the very thing were looking for."

Please find my character with the ship so that we can blow some shit up.

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

"I'm fucking bored."

"Can we go now?"

"No!" Kim said "And stop asking!"

I sighed.

"What the hell are we waiting for?" I asked

"Suspense." Rosenthal said

"That's bullshit, I could be eating lunch right now." I said

Kent and I were still scouting out the graveyard of ships to find anything of interest.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Umm....we will find you after the main battle....just make like Holian survivors in the debris for you to fight or something...

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

They were supposed to capture alive! Now, three Tier-1s are gone...

Cera then took over,

"All units attached to Uniform-Mike-2, check weapons and hold fire, sitrep ASAP!"

"Ma'am, we could not have eliminated them, sensor data uploading ma'am," Lieutenant Commander Faust reported, he was perfectly calm.

She read it over,

"It was self-destruct,"

"Blast radius?" Shogun asked,

"On screen now,"

The radius was actually pretty big, the holoprojector showed that most of their traps have been destroyed in the blast. Shogun speculated that it was to disable their traps, so forces can deploy. What an interesting commander...

"Mark enemy debris and fire at will," Shogun gave the order directly on the General Freak, he then switched his screens and attention to the Amaterasu's battle, Cera understood and then ordered,

"General Herrington, take over Sierra-Lima-1,"

"Yes, ma'am,"

Cera ordered,

"Beserker Squadron, survey the situation, offensive crane formation, Bison and Norman provide long-range support, with overlapping fields of fire, Varyags flank enemy position from the left, prepare to engage on my mark, Phantom squadron, right flank, 8:49 and spread up evenly +28-37 degrees elevation from the Uniform-Mike-Red's blast center, all forces hold cloak and move with caution, all VFs have control of the entrapments 5 klicks radius from their position,"

They aren't going to take any chances, all squadrons from the Amaterasu are deployed, including the Berserkers and the Phantoms. Actually the Phantoms are from the Tsukuyomi, the flagship of the Shadows, the ship Cera is supposed to be on.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

15. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

"So Adder, what have you guys been up to." I said

Kent and I met with the others, we were really sweaty.

"Doing some maintenance and what no, geez, what the hell is that smell?!" Adder said

"We've been picking through wrecked cruisers for the past sixteen hours!" Kent exclaimed

"No excuse." Adder said

I chuckled.

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"Load all missile tubes, prep for fire on my mark, I am taking control of all missiles," Shogun ordered, he then focused most of his audio input on Beserker Squadron, and Cera did the same for Phantoms. She understood what he was doing and ordered,

"I will designate the target coordinates for all cannons, if I did not set a target or set it as hold, then you may fire at will,"

"Yes sir, yes ma'am," Lt. Commander Faust replied. Cera and Shogun physically go and fight in an MS right now, however what they can do is to assist and support by using the "mechanisms" in place, and with missiles and cannons.

She then ordered,

"Phantoms, fire with your best judgement on Uniform-Mike-Red's remnants, Splinter rounds," Red was the only one with something notable left. Splinter rounds will remain together and separate at the last faction of a second before impact and in turn causing heavy damage.

"Yes ma'am, firing,"

All rounds impacted expertly, breaking apart the structure of the remains.

"Beserkers, move in, odds and evens, double arrowhead,"

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

"Hey, what are you doing now?" Adder asked

I was working on the coupling for connecting my suit to the ship.

"I'm adjusting the main bus connections, that way I can exert some more precise control when I try to phase the ship. Once I'm done I'll work on improving the Power coupler. That way I can use more power and make it last longer, maybe by half an hour or so." I said

"Tori, you can't be serious, the last time you used that thing we literally had to drag you out, Kent could pass his hand through your foot!" Adder yelled

"Adder, I've got to keep everyone safe, fuck my foot." I said

"What if something went wrong? And you couldn't shut it off?!?" he said

"We could wait till the time limit is reached and then it will shut down automatically." I said

"We both know that could be too little too late, and my guess is that just flipping the fusebox wouldn't be good." he said

"No, it would work and you guys wouldn't be hurt." I said

"And you? Cade said that the health problems occur as a function of distance the concentration of the phased particles decreases with the inverse radius cubed. That means that the effects on us are magnitudes less then on you. And even then were exhausted, I almost puked when you phased the ship out that first time, and I was no closer then a hundred and fifty feet to your mech's generator. Your literally right next to it, the generator is practically right behind your back! I have no idea why your the way you are, how you can stand that dosage without dying in seconds, but its obvious that they are wrecking you from the inside out." he yelled

"Geez, Adder, if I have to use this it will be because I don't have a choice." I said

"Answer the question, what would happen to you if we cut the power off?" he said

"..."

"That's what I thought." He said

He stomped...floated... out of the room.

"pfft" I said I kept working on the coupler.

I pulled off the glove on my left hand, the silver lines going from my fingers stopped at my wrists, they looked like the veins and arteries. I concentrated as hard as I could, after a minute my index finger faded from view and then when I stopped trying to force it to phase it then reverted back to normal. I put the glove back on and kept working.

If I showed it to Adder or anyone else they would flip out.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"Yes sir, moving in," Commander Hendrick said, he is the most senior officer left in Beserker, with Shogun, Minamoto and Mandella here at the cabinet.

"Maximum velocity," Shogun added,

"Understood, maximum,"

They charged at the whats left remains, revealing 60 Mobile Suits. It is strange, they look awfully similar to giants they encountered back on Garuda. Too similar...

"Lets dance with the angels, don't eliminate them off the bat, we will toy with them a bit," Shogun said smiling cynically,

Shogun and Cera called attack patterns and formations, while giving tactical orders and supporting their forces, recording valuable combat data. They seem to pack a much heavier punch, but less agile, slower, and less accurate. The Besekers lead the charge, then the Phantoms closed into assist. They are just dancing their VFs, testing the Holian MS. For two rival squadrons, they seem to work awfully well together. The others just provided long-range support to the Berserkers and the Phantoms, after a certain time, Shogun and Cera nodded to each other and switched orders,

"Capture 1 alive, go for Uniform-Mike-Red-45 ( the number in the end is the designation for enemy MS ), kill off the rest,"

"Roger that,"

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I was eating lunch

Cade, Adder, the captain walked up.

"Hey guys whats up?" I said

"Adder told us what your doing." the captain said

"Oh comeon, look, I am just trying to be ready to protect the ship. It's not a big deal." I sad

"It is a big deal. You could die in that mech, G-d only knows what will happen then." the captain said

"We need you alive Sutori." Cade said

"There's no point in being alive when the ship is about to explode." I said

"I'll worry about protection. Right now worry about yourself." she said

"I'm fine." I said

"Oh comeon, seriously? Then why are you wearing a glove on your left hand?" Cade said

"My hand is greasy, I am eating you know." I said

"Then why is your other hand clean?!?" Adder exclaimed

"Adder," the captain said

"Why dont you say it?" I said

"Your bullshitting us, its a lot worse then your letting on, and chances are your dying right now. How close did I get?" Cade said

"Pffft, I don't need this bullshit." I said

I got up, pushed off the wall and headed out of the room.

"That's what I thought!" adder yelled

"shut up!" I retorted.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It was over pretty quick, the Holians couldn't keep up with the maneuvering and the expert shots of the Super Soldiers, in fact they have been herded like sheep to the slaughterhouse. One by one, the Holians were picked off, until their intended target is left, the target got herded to a stasis field and was captured, it took a while, but they got 'em. Their target isn't all that bad a pilot, they would have a fascinating conversation with them, and he is sure that the MS's computers will be filled to interesting information.

"Bingo," Shogun said,

"We won," Cera echoed,

"Yeah, we won,"

She then hit the general freak and said,

"Phase I close, all ships go to set rendezvous point with set course,"

They then turned on all the lights and shut all the projectors and screens off.

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Little did the crew of the Solitude know, the enemy that was destroying the holians was a lot closer then they think.

*ominous music cue*

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Phantom of the Opera....

"Sing once again with me,
    our strange duet.
    My power over you,
    grows stronger yet..."

Too lazy to type it, I can only sing the phantom parts. I did as one of my songs when I auditioned for vocals, I made it, but when I heard I can do double instrumental, I ditched it

I can play it on the piano, solo at 1/2 speed, but I can play full speed, a duet with my girlfriend's bro, he is really good.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Nice.

Well, basically at the moment, the main ship for my guys is in the midst of that ship graveyard floating in space. Two of the mechs are on the ship as watch guards, my mech and another mech are in the fielding sorting through the debris.