Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes yes, Q want to mate with Janeway and don't get aborad.( a joke )

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I never seen a shuttle make a supernova.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1) They can do it, they did it after the Celestrials left
    2) Well, I would just ask a random person on the street to find out if Americans know, there is something called asking
    3) So it have to be Errant Venture ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

And very useless against fighter firepower.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

No, most cruiser+ ships can take alot of starfighter firepower with shields down.

9. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I used minimum specs for it. The volcanic eruption of Thera is estimated at 600 megatons. I figured that if a shaped nuclear charge towards the planet of that magnitude might be enough to burn through 1800 miles(or is it km?) to the mantle. It would probably take a lot more to ignite the core.

10. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Heh... i didn't know lucasfilm was lisencing star trek tech manuals now

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

you lost the point. if they can blast it with few ISDs they would not build a DS.

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

well duh!!! this has nothing to do with acuracy though...

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i thought i sounded like the republic had 20000 years to chart the galaxy unlike the UFP that had like 200.

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

and how does this negate his comments?

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

and they would all be "deleted". and noone forgot the Centersomething, it's still heanging around in Corellia

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.i said i.e. 100 billion... thats like you know more then a billion?
    2.but in some instances his story contradicts the rest of the universe. does SW streach in multiple paralel universes (like Marvel or DC comics)?
    3.you show a lot of cinfidence for someone that makes so much mistakes. there is nothing confusing about an admiral being in comand of a ship. during war he is suposed to command the fleet from a ship, station or HQ, depends on the situation, but there is always one admiral per task force/fleet allthough a fleet may consist of multiple task forces each with a subcommander. however individual coand of a ship alaway falls to the ranks of commander, captain or comodore.
    4.i though we were refering the coruption of the senate during Palapatine's days.
    5.so what? just generate a new one each time. the point is SW does not use this method so there must be a reason they don't.
    6.and that's why its use is diminished. besides they can't fire wherever so it's pointless.
    7.affacts not destroys. a real supernova destroys preatty much everything within 30+ly

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.well the US were in war with Vietnam and Iraq and they did not use weapons of mass destruction. only psychos use them.
    2.the site does not matter. the screen caps on that site are directly used from "Voyager" and "TNG" thus the caps are canon and so the torpedoes and their destructive power are canon.
    3. he was refering to the ST TNG and DS9 tech manuals which are not canon.

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

but you've seen the trilitium device did you? it's the size of a table and Data and Geordy got a detaled scan of it. they can load it on any kind of a missile/ship

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i agree. does the rest of the dune offer more clues about what they consider to be "ignition" of the core. is ti a raise in core's temperature or a chain reaction on some (atomic/molecular/subatomic) level?

21. Cody Registered Member

I can't believe you guys listen to DarkStar. Seriously.

If it WAS the atmosphere vaporizing, why didn't we see it over the WHOLE planet? Besides the hit was bluish; when do atmospheres glow blue when something hits them?

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Why would you speculate that it was?

23. Cody Registered Member

How big was the array before I answer?

Borg beam through the E-D's shields a lot, alright; WHEN THE SHIELDS ARE DOWN. Example: in "Q Who?" Riker had ordered the shields down. The Borg proceeded to beam through. The beam into the E-E while it's shields were down in FC.

Oh right; Star Wars can't block other ships coming through. WRONG. The Executor blocked three ships coming through Hyperspace that flew into it.

Plus, there were asteroids bigger than the MF in the Hoth asteroid field that the ISDs and other assorted craft blocked.

Also, the ISD shields were down from Hoth's murderous asteroid field, allowing it to land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.