Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

yes i know that but i was nearly pointing out that you may never underestamed your opponent or that will be your downfall. take that spiderthingy in stargate. they knew what is was and how to defeath it but yet look of all the amock one of those thiny fuckers made. In notime there were thousands. drop one of those on the enterprise, before they even knew that it was on board it would be eating away duplicating itself. and there are a lot of tiny places to hide lol

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

:worship:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

yes but those outdated weapons did the job didn't they lol

the DS is not designed to fight ships, its a planetkiller, and those aren't going fast anywhere do they. and the ds isn't the only thing that has a superlaser.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

the ds1 is 120km and the ds2 160 ds1 recharge superlaser = 1 hour
    ds2 reecharge 2minutes the exhaust vest was replaced by millimeterwide hat dispersion ducts;

ds1 15000 tl's and 700 tractorbeams (able to even trap a ssd) 7000tie's
    ds2 35000 tl's 1000 tractorbeams and if finished 12000tie's

these are the official Lucasfilm numbers

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Do you have any proof that my ships move so slow?

Do you have any proof that i even use bolters in space?

Do you have any proof that my shields cannot survive inside a sun even though they survive much, much, worse environments?

Last time i checked, my bolters dont need to hit something moving the speed of light, just an infantryman running in terror away, and theyre pretty fucking good at that

Antaran:
    I made no claims that i remember that my shields were weak against lasers, theyre actually pretty good at taking a beating, but if you have an enemy battleship with tons of laser banks, than you are screwed.

My arguement also was that pretty much no federation ship can destroy a planet through sheer firepower, they have to drill to the core and this whole list of things etc... while my ships CAN destroy a planet through sheer firepower.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Er, I wouldn't say the most agile... I'd wager most cruisers and lower could easily outmaneuver the falcon

10. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

wow, your kidding right? maybe the defiant, but other than that, probly not.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

LOL, that was kinda cool

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It does - WarHammer uses weapons similar to what Trek has already seen - ballistic and projectile weapons, with a few magma/heat based weapons, and a laser based system. Nothing terribly new. Now, WH40K has NEVER seen M/AM warheads, Phasers, or Disruptors...

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I still contend the DS would never get into range... fleet or no fleet. And if it did, they'd have Starfleet HQ throwing torpedoes and phaser blasts at them by the boatload.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Exactly... even energetic plasma is old and antique as far as Trek weapons are concerned.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but remember - PHASERS work by causing the atomic structure of the target material to, literally, destabilize and explode.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know, but relativistic speed is a good indication of sublight agility

Faster you can accelerate, faster you can turn, right?

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Ever heard of a conversion beamer? Our techmarines have em, they do the same thing, except there is actually an actual explosion that can destroy nearby enemies, if it hit the wall of a building, the entire wall would explode.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That's kinda cool... the Klingons have a mine called a Gravity Mine - it attaches to your hull and creates a heavy gravity field... *grins* Combine those with DS9's cloaked, self-replicating, gravity mines = impenetrable interdiction field

20. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

because their accuracy is shit, that would be ineteresting WH40k against SW. SW would definitely be boned.

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

do they replicate asexually or sexually? yay ST inanimate sexual pun

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So at 120km in diameter, it was at ~ a mere 500km from the rebel base before initiating firing sequence...

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Yah thats kinda pathetic firing ranges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.