Muslim Experience in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DiamondHearts, Aug 6, 2008.

1. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Hmm yah. That could do it. But according to an acquitance of an acquitance, working at the airport it is not uncommon that they set off the metal detector on purpose in order to search someone "suspicious" more thoroughly (unrelated to the actual pass control that is). But they also do it on more or less random intervals (I think he mentioned that if the metal detector does not respond on its own they were supposed to set it off every now and then to fulfill some quota).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

bleeding heart people will be the end of our civilization.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

well get used to it, soon one of them will be your president.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh I never get searched because of any detector [in fact, I wonder what they might think of any radioisotopes or toxic chemicals if I carried them from the lab], my ticket is usually marked "Security Check"
    YOU got pissed? Wow.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. John99 Banned Banned

We all know there are non Muslims in U.S who do the same thing and as far as i can tell the Middle Easterners in U.S are fine (yes, even Muslims...of course) and are treated no differently than anyone else. Granted it is getting a little crowded in U.S.

Now Canada is where i may end up settling down in. Way up north.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Why do they sound like girls?

11. John99 Banned Banned

To be honest i am attracted to Indian women.

12. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Trouble. Big time. However, normally the amount of radioisotopes is generally so low that it is usually not readily detectable (unless you did a major mess, but even so it is only detectable for a limited time.... and you do wear a labcoat, don't you

).

Same goes for toxic chemicals as exposure should also be limited. More tricky are less dangerous stuff with which you can get into contact (e.g. nitrate containing media). Or if your laptop gets contaminated with it (nitrates that is, not toxic compounds).

Ow and if you carry isotopes with you around just for kicks, well then it is probably almost ensured that you will meet some friendly guys from the FBI.

13. John99 Banned Banned

"and you do wear a labcoat, don't you "

yup

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nah I don't glow anymore, the tritiated hydrogen and [sup]14[/sup]C are in the past. And of course I wore a lab coat.

I'm trying to think of any nitrates but its only PCR-DGGE these days I'm afraid, the stuff is only carcinogenic. Not likely to set off any sirens, I hope.

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Maybe they just like to feel you up SAM - take it as a compliment

I just stayed in Philadelphia with my Muslim friend in his house with his Muslim flatmate and they are as American as apple pie. They are NOT treated any differently than anyone else and they do not act any differently than anyone else. They are your typical Americans. With the minor exception that they think Jews are, in general, a bit arseholeish. But, we still went partying with some cute Jewish NY models over the weekend in the Hampton's

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Time to flush a few Qurans, some target practice to?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

One million dead not enough for you?

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Are a 100 million enough for Islam?

Moslems demand absolute respect for their Religion and Icons, to the point of killing over cartoons.

So, I want to flush a Quran and Use it for target practice and you get pissy.

How about I soak a few Quran in Molasses and feed them to the Hogs.

If Islam wants their Icons, and Religion, Respected, then they should respect other religions, and Icons as well.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This from an occupier, who kills people for being different. In THEIR country. Sheesh.

20. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Al Qaeda in Iraq killing Iraqi Sunnis -- men, women and children -- in THEIR country?

In case you haven't noticed, Americans are now invited guests of Iraqis. Have been for some time now.

Don't let reality intrude on your prejudices.

21. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Barack Obama is not Muslim.

It is people like you and these racist Republicans who assign criminality based on religion.

You, and people like you, want others to believe that the majority of the Muslims are evil and need to be discriminated against.

Even though he isn't, if Obama was Muslim, what would be wrong with that?

Reality? What the heck are you talking about?

I think you are getting different groups mixed up in your comment.

Also, we are not talking about Iraq, we are talking about Muslims in America.

Israelis and Republicans, STOP TRYING TO DERAIL THIS THREAD.

MODERATORS, WHERE ARE YOU?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Soundvision is an old prosetylization site.

CAIR was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood and is an unindicted co-conspirator in terrorism, besides being linked with Hamas. It's officials are particularly noted for islamic supremacist statements and individual support of terrorism and hatred. They're also a little slow to condemn islamic terrorism. So if that's your example of a "peaceful" organization, then what other example needs to be given?

The good news is that at least their membership has plummeted since 9/11. Looks like some of their members started putting two and two together. Good for them.

You know, given that you personally support the death penalty for apostates, your whining for the moderators to come ban people you don't like is really quite amusing.

Best,

Geoff

23. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

If anyone questions CAIR and says that CAIR sponsors terrorism. please provide proof, particularly from a government website.

It is interesting to note that the US government has formally denied that CAIR has any connection to terrorism. Those who wish to portray as a terrorist organization want to weaken the political and civil position of Muslims in this country.

NOTE: I will not respond to any personal attacks.