Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

You win on the translator.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

federation officers aren't known for there screaming... most likely they'd try to negotiate. either that or find some cover and start stunning clones

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Okay they negotiate, but federation officers aren't known to always suceed, but the Jedi Order is always willing to listen at all times, it is a part of the Jedi Code. The Federation species might accidently attack the Star Destoryers and BOOM, the Republic will think the federation might be declearing a war on them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

i don't think we've ever seen the federation attack first

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

neither did the republic. But as i said the Cardassians might attack the Republic fleets and the Republic will mistake them for the Federation so BOOM.

9. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

oh, i see. cardasians aren't a federation species. but yeah, one of the other races could start things. Of course if they meet the Romulans first, well they'll be running the Republic by the end of the month

10. Saquist Banned Banned

I uses GFFA to represent the Entire Star Wars universe.
    Galaxy Far Far Away...as it doesn't have a canon name.

I only recall melting star Fighters.

This seems pointless to entertain. Do you have any other point to make other than the choice between a communicator and screaming?

11. Saquist Banned Banned

The Federation has never conducted a First Strike attack.
    The Federation has protcols for first contact in place to ensure communication is the number one priority.

12. Hotspur Registered Member

Canon link?

Saquist's information is common knowlegde to anyone who watches the show.

Canon link, please.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, I'd shrug as the blaster chaingun rounds bounce off the shield wall, raise my phaser compression rifle, and blow a smoking hole through their torsos.

14. Hotspur Registered Member

Personally, I'd just lob a photon grenade in there. But hey, if you want to make sport of it, be my guest.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

well if you can see the ARC's, then your a little close for those babies

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Indeed flectarn. Though perhaps a "worf rocket" alla Insurrection?

17. Saquist Banned Banned

B'Elanna's phaser shield would actually be a good addition to Federation ground forces.

18. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Then it would have worked with the race that spoke in historical metaphors. And it didn't.

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

How would those vessels survive against the vastly superior firepower of the ISD that dropped the attack force off?

You guys can deny canon evidence all you want, but it just makes you look like idiots.

21. Saquist Banned Banned

Really...perhaps congraduations are in order to TW...
    With out his consistent contentiousness the thread would have ended at least 100 pages ago.

22. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

*shrug* it knew the words, just not the context. any way i was just going by what memory alpha said, i don't really remember that brain waves bit being mentioned. besides i never said it was an absolutely perfect device, just that it shouldn't have any trouble deciphering basic. would you contend otherwise?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

concerning the prase "power a miniature sun"... does it refer to powering the sun or providing the same amount of power?

as for the hyperdrive, it will allways be the most decisive weapon of any SW faction. with the proper surprise element and intel they could criple the UFP or some other alpha quadrant power. this scenario has allready been reviewed. if they can concentrate their entire expeditionary fleet (2-4000 ISDs) on leat us say Earth and Vulcan, or Romulus and Remus they could win the open war. will thes actions end the actual fighting is dificult to say.

when intercepting ships at warp is at stake, allhough hyperdrive is faster, SW ships don't show any FTL tracking ability. it would be surprising if they could track a drive they don't even know how it works.

now, when republic commandos are involved, i must admit they show quite a performance. as it is usual in SW, they often lack the firepower, but they are exteamly capable. however before they can be deployed, space or orbital superiority must be secured. otherwise they will be restricted to raids and sabotage actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.