counterstrike

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by draqon, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I know, hence my Tossgirl link.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It's just very rare that they don't. It is probably due to disinterest more than anything.

I remember hearing how Tossgirl had a ~360 APM (actions per minute). In starcraft APM is measured by every action you input, and then displayed like this:

360 is really high, near the upper limit of what you can do while playing with skill. It is actually hard for most people to do with just nonsense clicking, it is 6 per second. To do it with precision in a strategy game is much more impressive. (My Starcraft APM is 250-290 T_T)

IMO that ends all question as to whether girls can compete in games. Perhaps they are even physiologically more suited... Smaller hands that fit the mouse and keyboard better. I've noticed a lot of girls seem to type faster than guys... :shrug:

They look pretty good, though they certainly seem to owe some success to being female. Their accomplishments would not stand out as much if they were males, though they would still be good. I think it is a good thing to get female interest, though.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

While we're talking about CS:S, can someone explain a few things to me? I never played this game enough to figure these out...

How common is cheating? Sometimes it is blatantly obvious for everyone to see, but I'm sure there is a lot of more subtle cheating. For example: sometimes I play on iceworld, and in a split second someone awps me, if I spawn near the center path. I can't see how that is possible without cheating; they shoot me in less time than it takes my scope to load. If it is not cheating, how can I do this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

It might be aimbot; I always get bullshitted on CS 1.6, and I am almost certain it's cheating.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

CSS has ingame voice where you can only hear friendlies so nobody uses external programs anymore except for those sad individuals that like to ghost. Like what you're talking about, it's missing the point of the game which is to have fun, not to defeat eachother whatever the cost by using tactics that are not intended in CSS.

8. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

I don't know what you mean with iceworld, probably a custom map/whatever but I barely encounter cheaters. Just go to servers with VAC enabled and that have a lot of people playing, mostly there is a guy that can kick/ban people from the server.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

like I mentioned its going back too 2003 and it wasn't done everygame, only for noob training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.