Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricrery Banned Banned

Nexarc, the Federation can't destroy a planet, they can only kill its life, and that's no impressive feat because, the Galactic Empire, the Imperium of Man, and the Covenant do it frequently.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

Is this a missfire from another thread or a random response to ProfitofWisdom's post?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

They would never want to kill all life let alone destroy a planet. It is not in their nature. If they had to though, the Federation may not be able to destroy a planet directly without severe and heavy modification of an existing ship or building a dedicated vessel to the job. However, a trilithium warhead could destroy the entire starsystem when shot into the host star. Or even producing red matter again to create black holes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

ProphetofWisdoms post.

Like the Empire can use the Sun Crusher to counter the trilithium warheads which rarely have been seen?

8. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Super nova, destructions of galaxies do nothing but tick the Irkens off and make them continue building more ships with their energy-matter conversion tech. The fact is that Irkens without any armor can survive Teraton level attacks, and their normal ships have hundreds of Exatons firepower with a rapid refire rate, and The Massive using one of the higher sizes for it is is the hundreds of Yottatons. They can slow down time to create slowly exploding explosions of doom that can take out massive cities.

The fact is, normal Irkens lose hard without some help. That is where making the Irkens competent give them a chance to fight back. Plus if they were to get their hands on the tech of either of the other powers which is very possible then the Irkens crubstomp the others with a 90% chance of victory.

You continue to be a fanboy yourself by not admiting the Irkens may stand a chance with competence + captured tech. You are fool to continue on this without atleast admiting that if made competent they stand a chance, with captured tech are almost sure to win, but may stll lose.

Not only that, but he talks about how they could become god-type beings which would therefore make them weaker then the Irkens if they had to resort it. I agree with him normal acting Irkens lose hard, but he won't agree with the other points I have made that give them a chance.

From the now derailed Forerunners appear in SW thread. Eh, I just did my now normal yelling about taking over nearly everything with the Irken Empire and he won't admit that the Irkens may stand a chance against the powers he just mentioned if given some prep time and other things I just metioned.

And I'm still looking for a clip on youtube of the RoTJ scene, should have it soon I think.

Also, NDF is Nuclear Disruption Force and DET is Direct Energy Transfer IIRC.
    The Phasers are mainly technobabble and use the NDF effect to do something with less energy then it would normal take with DET.

9. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

I'm not exactly sure on how the warheads would mutually cancel each other out, but trilithium weapons, though rare, were used in DS9 when the allies had to destroy a Dominion shipyard orbiting a star.

10. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

11. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

I'll be back in a few hours. It is very late where I am and I need to get to bed. :yawn:

12. ricrery Banned Banned

Actually ProphetofWisdom, maybe it would go like this:
    Xeelee vs Irkens
    0% for incompetents
    10% for competents
    25% for reverse engineered tech (they'd still be behind because Xeelee tech is different from one another)

Daleks vs Irken
    0% for incompetents
    20% for competents
    50% for reverse engineering

Time Lords vs Irken
    0% for competents
    5% for competents (have you seen what the Master did with one year prep?)
    40% for reverse engineering.

Congratulations, they still most don't have an advantage. Plus, if Culture reverse engineered the Irken technology, the Irkens would be destroyed.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Rice, support that 1E38 Joule statement with anything, and I'll believe it. Show me ANY one piece of hard evidence.

Don't say "it blew up a planet" - Species 8472 did that with 8 frigates... Star Trek can form sub-space rifts that rip things out of the universe... hell, Trek can destroy entire SOLAR SYSTEMS with a single torpedo (granted, it uses a star to do so, but generally inhabited worlds are around stars... ya know?)

Blowing up a planet is nothing special...

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Buh wha? How the fuck do you expect the Sun Crusher to counter the Trilithium Warhead...? What, blow up the star before the warhead impacts it? Great, you just did half our job for us... without your star, your solar system will fall (literally) apart as gravity no longer binds the orbits of the planets together... good fucking job...

how old are you again?

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I also notice - there was not ONE thing stated that:

A - showed how even basic starship Phasers wouldn't simply obliterate enemy armor due to breaking the nuclear bonds of the armor material

B - showed how a transphasic torpedo would phase thru the shields of the death star and obliterate it via the thermal exhaust port

C - SW had any chance in hell of hitting ships moving around the DS at warp

16. ricrery Banned Banned

Kittamaru you fanboist fool! Did you even look at that calculation? Maybe you should learn what clicking is? Idiot.

Species 8472 used NDF, you incompetent dumbass! Not RAW FIREPOWER, how stupid are you people? If you use a match to destroy a box, is it equivalent to using a grenade to destroy a box? NO! Idiots... dumbasses! 8472 is NO match a normal Acclamator which does 200 gigatons on turbolasers.

Hey dumbass, I was referring to the fact it could do the same thing to Star Trek systems, OR DID YOU FORGET WHAT ITS NAME SUGGESTS? Plus, it can take a supernova, or a Death Star blast, and NOTHING in Star Trek can match that, UNDERSTAND TREKTARD? Nothing can match that

Did we forget to remind you?

A- The Star Wars civilization has been around for 25,000 years

B- Star Wars ships are stated to do petatons by a man with a Ph.D, OR someone with more knowledge than tards like Trektards who think the Federation of Planets can beat Culture or Xeelee, or Borg can beat Daleks...

C- Star Wars wouldn't even have to fight them, considering they would scratch the paint at best, if it manages to affect the shields XD.

D- Star Trek tards don't know shit about how weak Star Trek is compared to other civilizations.

17. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

And if we assume both sides are competent why would the Death Star still have the exhaust port and not be slightly upgrade to be like what the second one would be?

1. I recall the Sun Crusher having to run from the blast or be destroyed by the super nova, though I may be wrong on that part.

2. It took a glancing hit from the prototype Death Star and it was stated that a direct hit would have destroyed. This I am 95% on being correct, at least the glancing hit is.

Also, stop insulting people ricrery because it does nothing to help your position and harms your side.

18. George1 Registered Senior Member

no we don't,i don't care about Wong or his site!
    Incredible Cross Section is cannon,and more acurate than the entire star
    trek franchise.
    I HAVE!you just don't want to listen!

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

as always,you trekkie nerds don't even bother read my other posts.
    i said many times that i am 16,17 in April! i never hided it!
    we can bombard a planet??
    no they are not,you just assume that!
    a turbolaser can desimtegrate the target at a molecular scale
    because it is a energy-plasma weapon,with many megatons per shot!
    oh really? last time i checked about phasers,all i found was how they were use,stupid history and nothing technical!
    finally we agree!
    or not...how many time do i have to repeat myself:
    THE DEATH STAR IS A FUNKING TECHNOLOGICAL MASTERPIECE!
    HAHAHA,you obviously don't know!
    let me clear this for you:the the exhaust port is shielded.
    and the DS dose not need to came out of hyperspace AT THE EDGE OF THE
    SYSTEM,it,like any other SW thing equipped with hyperdrive,can come out
    just half the distance between the moon and Earth.and then BOOM!
    By by!

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

Type 3 is hundred of thousands more advance!

21. George1 Registered Senior Member

they do control the entire galaxy,but they don't need to take ALL the energy of the fucking galaxy!it's way more than they will ever need!

read the other posts!
    this is feting nowhere!
    i do have proof,but you don't want to take it!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  22. George1 Registered Senior Member

well,Alderaan blowing up!
    as i said time and time again,the death star was huge because it
    needed to travel across the galaxy,destroy a planet (many with planetary shields)recharge in less than day,then star over again!

yes,it is nothing special,especial for the star wars galaxy.
    they had thousands of recorded planetary destruction,it was quite common!

23. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

please, for the love of God, refrain from childish comments, and second the teleportation tech only serves to prove that they are only copies of the Time Lords and not the original. That is the whole idea behind teleportation. It CANNOT reproduce someone/something as it was. It ends up being as copy. Nuff Said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.