Updates

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, May 29, 2008.

1. Pinwheel Banned Banned

How old are you?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

isolation can be a learning experience if temporary. if permanent, you might as well be dead. learn how to love...it's the meaning of life.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I've always thought that people who can't entertain themselves have something wrong with them! Too many people in the world seem to need someone else to provide entertainment ...movies, videos, games, bars, concerts, sporting events, etc.

I've also always thought that people who live in such close proximity to thousands, perhaps millions, of other people have something really bad wrong with them.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Don't worry. There's always Jesus.

8. draqon Banned Banned

Actually if you isolate yourself far enough for a long enough time with almost no people, it can be a good experience and perhaps you will find that socializing is either needed for you or not.

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

... or suicide

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

just kidding.

10. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

LOL, I was on the verge of losing my marbles one day. I did not know what do. Then I told my self wtf am I doing. I started telling myself.

Said, get over yourself!

11. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

so i became a muslim!

12. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

why are you alone? do you even know?you can't find friends?they can't find you? you're afraid?they're afraid?you want to scare potential friends?afraid of rejection? wtf is ur problem?(not meant offensively).
    Answer those questions

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I meant I'm a loner, not alone. I am bored <- moves to bored thread

14. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I need a job

I need one now

can you help me by telling me where to apply and how, I'm bad at finding jobs and have just been using monster.com, indeed.com, CalJobs. I don't go out looking because I feel it's pointless to aimlessly wander around asking, what do you think? I really have no degree

I did data entry for awhile and security but I would be afraid to work in security since it would cause me to worry badly. I applied to alot so far but I feel like it's hopeless. Need a job by end of March.

Wanna help me with resume

txs

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

McDonalds.

Walk in and ask.

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Putting an appearance in and asking is definitely the best way to go looking for a job. After all they've got someone to look at, someone to ask questions and someone to potentially catch out in a lie compared to just submitting a resume.

Obviously if you go speak to someone you can't just timidly state "Have you any jobs going?", if anything you've got to prove your skilled in communication and capable (Of course too much "gift of the gab" will likely relegate you to being seen as a potential nuisance.)

Also you need to make sure that you apply for a job you are suitable for, this means a job you know you can do with your eyes closed that you aren't going to tire of too quickly. In your particular case based upon past forum posts, I'd suggest not picking one filled with hundreds of pretty girls like an Administration position in a large company, mainly because you'd been too busy stumbling round like a mad crazy love fool to actually get any work done. (And likely scare some staff in the process)

If push comes to shove and you really can't find nothing, why not rethink of "Looking for a job" and try "Creating one". Open a shop, restaurant or cafe or start some form of business empire. Obviously you'll have to look more into how to build a business, perhaps get on some courses that are out there for just that. as your own boss though you have to take into consideration there is greater responsibility and paperwork, your hours can actually even be longer however the reward is that you are the boss and can run things how you want without fear of going over someone else's budget or them disagreeing with the direction you want to take things.

17. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'd just get sued for something

I"ll take a job, as long as it' snot Security

I'll keep you updated

18. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Well I would say look at the local job Bank you obviously have a PC so the world is open to you if you need a job bad enough do a search for jobs in the field you want and start to apply no matter were they are as long as they pay the Green who really cares.

19. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Try Security.

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

darksidZz,

I've got an idea for you. It does require you to get a "Security" job, however for the most part it's not one that you would technically worry about.

In Data Centre's and Large Corporations they usually have need for I.T. Security guards. These are the guys that are there to look out for potential data thieves and hackers sneaking through doors by tailgating or otherwise producing fake identification to try and get on corporate networks. Usually those sorts of guys aren't the type that mess round with guns as they are "White Collar Criminals".

This sort of job is in constant supply with the steady increase of I.T. Of course it would mean training in how to identify who it is you are looking for, a good starting point for this of course is to turn out to your nearest 2600 meeting, however don't tell them what line of work you do, or they will be trying to outsmart you.

21. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Talk to a temp company. Working as a temp sucks, but the agency can usually find you some job to get the money rolling in until you can find something better.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

23. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: I don`t know where you live. But in many if not all cities of much size, especially larger cities: You can start making decent money with nothing more than a pick-up truck doing moving jobs. Moving people. YOU CALL I HAUL. Come up with a reasonable rate, [ 1 man and truck $60 per hour ? ] I always got as much business as I could handle. Sure beat working for someone else. ...traveler .....post script: You have to come through for people. Put some wood side rails on the truck bed, have lots of rope,padding to tie things down, be on time and come through for your customers. Things like that. You build a reputation and people are happy to hire you. People more often than not gave me a nice tip and recommended me to their friends. If you can afford a cube van, and have a place to park it, so much the better. With a pick up truck, a good tarp is a necessity. You need to move them on the day they schedule you. It`s not that easy and is very hard work. But, it`s a way to make decent money and work for yourself.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010