Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

finally, the world congratz ths USA for a wise decision. Live prosper lmao

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Meh, I was hoping for Brian Moore.

But everyone ignores other parties. Damn the bipartisan system!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

agreed! peace and long life

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

allthough it would take more then 100 days to repear the damage his previous counterpart caused.

8. Saquist Banned Banned

I'm sure there is an equal and opposite reaction. The problem is did Q care...
    Well, the Continuum didn't consider it releveant that they were destroying stars in the Milky Way with their miss fires...that would have wipe out future species or if the planets were inhabited then this would be genicide.

SO....Q pretty much do what they want.

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Saquist...what RC773 is talking about is simply cause and effect; consequences. Nothing Newtonian about the situations.

10. Saquist Banned Banned

I think I understood that. I wasn't taking him litterally.

11. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

12. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

to stay in the spirit of this threath Jedi Obama has a enormous job ahead cleaning up Sith Lord Bush 's mess. Just be patience and the force will be with him lmao

13. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What would a Metreon Cascade do to, say Corucant?

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

most likely nothing. after all there is no metreon gas there

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm... I don't think the cascade actually needs the gas to do it's thing. You just use it to initiate the cascade, don't you?

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Metreon cascade

The metreon cascade was designed by Dr. Ma'Bor Jetrel of the Haakonian Order. Unstable metreon isotopes were used to create a devastating explosion, with radiation effects similar to those of the 20th-century atomic bomb. Those not killed or vaporized in the initial blast suffered terrible radiation poisoning and death in the aftermath. It was used only once, on the Talaxian moon Rinax in 2355.[11]

18. RC773 Registered Member

Nothing Newtonian about the situations.

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of Marvel Comics' "M-Day" story arc. In that particular story, the Scarlet Witch rewrites reality and turns 90% of Earth's mutant population into baseline humans.

Several characters in that universe (most notably Beast and Hank Pym) noticed that the powers some mutants controlled simply could not have vanished. It breaks the Law of the Conservation of Matter and Energy. As it turns out, that energy gave birth to the Collective and revived Gabriel Summers.

Using that as an example (Q introduced the X-Men and two Enterprise crews on two different occasion), you just can't will something out of existence. So, whenever Q does something, there is an energy reaction somewhere in the Universe.

19. RC773 Registered Member

Using such laws, most Force powers would become useless... for every action you perform (Force stopping an ISD ala Yoda), an equal and opposite reaction would be put upon your body (squish).

Yet, that never happens in the movies, books, comics, or any other SW stuff...

I am pretty sure that all goes back to SWANH, where Kenobi says the Force is an energy field that connects all things. Those who are Force Sensetive can influence the field (remember midi-chlorians from SWTPM? They basically are the physical manifestation of the Force; because the Force exists at all times in all places, so do they, which is why some people can see into the future or the past using the Force) and use it to change the world around them. Mc's exist in all things, and more importantly they touch all things and they permeate all things, so when a Jedi or a Sith influences the mc's in his or her own body they resonate like a extremely long acoustic string, which is why a Force sensitive can move a Star Destroyer without killing themselves.

The best analogy I can give is one Jacen Solo gives. The Force is like a river; Jedi and Sith can change the flow of the river by actively deciding to influence it. They can use make a dam and bottle it up, thus cutting someone off from it (the Jedi Exile, Jacen Solo, Ben Skywalker, Kyle Katarn, and Ulic Qel-Droma come readily to mind), or they can divert a little and life a stone (Luke training with Yoda), or the can divert a lot and destroy a star or planet (Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus), but if they are careful they can loose themselves in it (like Anakin Solo, Darth Sidious, or Dorsk 81). More than a few Jedi or Sith have died because they have started something with the Force and not realized the amount of energy it would take to complete the task they set into motion. Mc's are the rocks someone would use to change the course of the river; the more rocks one had (like Anakin Skywalker), the more one could do.

20. RC773 Registered Member

The Q Continuum beings have the ability to alter certain constants.

But they have never met anyone with any abilities close to their own. There is no one in the ST universe who nears them in any way.

So, let's run with the ability to alter reality. How long can you change reality without consequences before someone comes along who's powers dwarf your own (I'm thinking Jean Grey...)?

After all, there is always a bigger fish...

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

but do you remember "Insurection"? metreon gas is highly volatile. even if you use it to make some kind of doomsday device you'd still need some, most likely a lot of it.

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

why do you presume you can aply X-Men logic to ST?

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

does not help. if the Q are not on the top of the foodchain, who ever is is still inside ST universe, therefore by the RoE on ST's side.
    BTW, there are more god-like aliens in ST then just Q.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.