Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dontai Registered Senior Member

ahhhhh scott still babbling on like an idiot i see? You do know any one stupid enough to put their command center or bridge as it were, on the out side of their ship, couldn't fight my hamster. Any one that would put their bridge on the out side of their ship would have to be in idiot. Infact both star trek and star war are equally as weak. In Star trek the federation's ships for the most part is peaceful, having most of the hull covered in windows. They are explorer not a aggressive warrior race. Star wars is a bunch bumbling moron. Fact is, Star wars couldn't beat my hamster if their life depended on it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Dontai, that isn't true. Most of the "windows" are projected images. Only the bridge and observation deck (and the observatory or astrometrics labs if the ship has them) have real "windows", and those normally have very heavy armored windows over them AND force fields for it the windows should fail.

This is proven via Star Trek: First Contact.

Trek ships have the Bridge on the top of the ship for view, but it is also where the strongest shields are concentrated. That and the bridge is armored... unlike the 6 inch thick styrofoam of the SSD...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually they worked with Humans in Voyager and then tried to double cross them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I know. They openly admit he could with no effort, but refuse to believe he did even to save the life of his owner (Queen Amidala)

Thank You

Well, I am just pointing out that David is the ONLY person who could make Genesis work and even that was a crapshoot. David would NOT make Genesis for warfare use. It's just how HE would react. I wouldn't argue that Luke would push the Earth into the sun, even though he has the capability.

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Because, part of the reason I love Star trek is the underlying canon story. The people arguing ST's side are perverting it beyond recognition. I prefer Gene's comment when I got my autogrpah and got my one question.

Me: "Do you think Star Trek could defeat Star Wars?"
    Gene: "Not even if I wanted it to."

Now of course that is hardly damning as at the time I did not have the foresight to record his comment. I don't rely on it as an argument here. I do use it as my inspiration to fight for the truth of what would happen during the conflict.

Of course, I am working on my own Fanfic of what happens whent he Federation finds derelict Super Star Destroyer and a quarter of the crew in stasis pods. Let me tell you the Federation undergoes a huge transformation as time goes on.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

That is assuming your numbers are correct. We are still checking on them.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

And the resulting paradox destroys the universe. Besides the Q have shown no ability to affect the intangible. They seem only to effect matter, energy and time.

First of all it is Beam, second the Cube could not penetarate the Shields of the Deathstar in order to do that. Third, provided they did somehow get aboard, blasters seem to have as much physical effect as energy, thus negating Borg adatptation. One million Stormtrooper will trump 200,000 borg, no sweat.

Scenario A: Worf reaches to punch in the several buttons needed to beam Han away and suddenly dies as his chest is blown wide open

Scenario B: Han sighs heavily as Worf tries to show off with his sword. Han then fast draws his Blaster and blows open Worf's chest with the blaster.

Scenarion B 2: Han sees Worf brandishing the bat'leth and yells for Chewbacca. Chewie seeing someone threatening Han goes into Wookie rage and grabs the bat'leth and give Worf the most painful suppository in history.

Vader only chokes those he considers beneath him. Wesley as an adult is an 'equal', therefore it force lightning time, or the lightsaber. Fired Wesley anyone.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually that was the final test he gave Picard, the little lesson about thinking before you cuase messes.

Fine, less Borg, Less Power and Less chance.

You do realize that the Cubes are much bigger than Spheres, right?

Actually one would think that same thing about people with metal sticks, but it still hasn't. Blasters work differently than Phasers or Disrupters.

Read above and learn my friend. Or better yet, just start thinking. Borg have shown no ability to adapt to PHYSICAL weapons and Blasters are quite obviously physical.

Partially correcting your misconception about how many buttons to beam someone away, and partiall remiding you that Han is a quickdraw artist.

Remember Han is much like Indiana Jones and that is what Indy did.....

Actually watching Worf get mauled by a Wookie is creative, and realistic.

Funny thing is I respect Wesley, lol.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

the CCG is not canon, my friend. Sorry.

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Want entertaining, then we could play Planetary assault. You can even choose to be attacker or defender.

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Now that's the fun in sci-fi;

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you can make stuff up and just assume that a species that can travel at the speed of light have the tech to navigate.
    yee think about it 18lightyears/sec. And let me guess the can navigate in transwarp too.
    @saquist : I saw a serie on National Geographic the other day where there way some explanation on warp. But they say the same stuff as i learned inhere (conpressing and decompressing space in front and back) but they also stated that the object inside warp does not move. but still i'm wondering how the hell you can follow a ship in the same warp. You are compressing the space that the ship infront of you is expanding:shrug:

I prefer the wormhole principle though. But man i need some more studying on this part too

if space is curved then what is there between the curves? a parallel univers

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Aight, so the Q can control matter?

Then with the snap of his fingers, all jedi are now a random species of toad incapable of cognitive thought.

You have no proof star trek couldn't beam through star wars shields- the fact that they never change harmonics (or even mention it) makes it seem VERY likely they all operate on the same harmonics (either that or they have holes where their weapon ports are)

Thus you simply beam thru their. Done and done. Beam out the Wars crew, beam in a Trek crew.

And you STILL haven't mentioned anything about SubSpace Weapons- what would Wars do while they are being SUCKED out of SPACE AND TIME?

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Vasago, the object in "warp" doesn't move- it simply moves the universe around it.

Pretty simple, but how the hell? *shrugs*

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Finally, here's a nice little tidbit to ponder while I go off to bed:

What would happen when Species 8472 (remember, this is full universe here) opened up fluidic rifts around all major Star Wars planets, brought out a few dozen frigates and a fleet of battleships at each, and proceded to superweapon the shit out of said planets?

Another tidbit- how would Star Wars handle places like the Briar Patch (gravimetric sensors would be useless and the metrion radiation would pummel their pathetic excuse for shields)

Also, and perhaps the easiest approach- simply beam a few doze VERY angry Gorn aboard any ship with a wookie- seeing Chewbaca torn limb from limb by a nine foot tall, two tonne lizard would be VERY entertaining to me

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I must agree; ST aswellas SW have their command center (allthough heavely protected) on the weakest spot of there ship.

BTW I still don't get why capital ships have windows. for fighters it's normal because they are at close range and have to have a view on the battle. You don't see a f16 completely close do ya?
    But capital ships fight in km not in m. How many times do you see captain picard looking trough a window on the bridge. Btw are u shure that it is a window and not a screen.
    There is no need for a window. You don't see a big window in a submarine do ya.

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually you con't see Windows on subs, becuase it is almost impossible to consistantly fool sonar effectively. Plus, really, it would be of no help in water as Water refracts light way to much.

Windows in Spaces is almost mandatory. Sensors can be fooled and hacked, or short out. I mean ST is full of example where main viewers were messed with and quite easily.

SW has a much better idea, a window can't be hacked, jammed, or shorted out. Combined with sensors you have one system backing up the other instead of being blinded if one messes up.

20. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I'm wondering these Voth you keep mentioning are from another Universe if i get you wright? would they them be affected but the collision of ST-SW universes? If they have 65 million years of experience in spacetravel they would probably known the SW universe before ST universe was even born.

I sorry i'm not so up to date on this stuff but aren't species8472 also not from another universe? so do they even count?

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

so all SW has to do is jam the sensors ? St will know we are there but that's it ? if it only were that simple

22. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hey, in ST it took Worf some fiber optic cable to do it. Kirk took the sensors completely out of the picture by entering the Mutara nebula. several ships have hidden from the Enterprise D by using the magnetic pole of a planet....

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Voth are dinosuar descendants from Earth. However what he keeps failing to mention is that the Voth are hyper religous, non violent and only interested is scientific discovery. Despite being space faring for 65 million years they only acquired transwarp in the last few hundred years as their religon was completely against the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.