Bruce Lee: Really dead?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by seekeroftheway, Mar 14, 2006.

1. RickyH Valued Senior Member

cerebral edema (cause is unknown) sorry if it's been said before. but that's the only legitimate reason i have heard of

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I guess.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TC7 Registered Member

Well...

Oniw17, it wouldn't make sense that Bruce was a cocaine user because he never manifested the physical symptoms of being a cocaine user. For example, Bruce's resting heart rate was on average around twenty something beats per minute (extremely low!) In fact, at UCLA facilities where he got his June 1973 physical it was also very low. A cocaine user would have a higher than normal heart beat.

Bruce worked out hard, but that's very possible without drugs. Look at Olympic gymnasts and marathon runners and such. They don't use drugs, yet they push their bodies to the limits. Bruce was no different... and he was a very serious, dedicated, and disciplined martial artist, which is why he pushed himself so hard.

Bruce actually stopped working out the last few months of his life (as he was told to by physicians). He had become lethargic and a bit ill and had lost a large amount of weight for no apparent reason. He was under enormous pressure and he had definitely overworked himself. He became an insomniac the last year of his life and was experiencing frequent mood changes, depression, and anxiety attacks according to some loved ones. For those reasons, it is VERY possible Bruce used some sort of tranquilizer to relax him (and by very possible, I mean he DID use tranquilizers). I don't believe any were illegal (other than the marijuana, which actually isn't even a tranquilizer), but I do believe he became overdependent on them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TC7 Registered Member

Well...

That's a good point you made, one_raven. I agree, someone should start a JKD thread here and discuss Bruce's philosophy, which is very connected with Eastern philosophy. By the way, I also own the book you are talking about.

8. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Is it true that Bruce Lee's son died by the same cause? May be it runs in the family.

9. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

His son was shot while filming the Crow I believe.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

By a film critic.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the scene in the "criminal board room". the shot was left in the film.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Really?
    http://www.thecrow.info/accident.htm

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/brandlee.htm

13. Rick Valued Senior Member

He's dead, but the art survives.

14. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Does this mean Bruce Lee was also shot during filming?

15. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

No.
    Why wouild it mean that?
    It said nothing at all about Bruce.

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

No, it was Bruce Lee's son, Brandon, that got shot dead during filming of 'The Crow'.

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the shaolin masters killed jun fan and his son brandon with a Kameamea wave for teaching the western devils the secrets of chinese combat,

no wait he died snorting coke right phlog ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace.

18. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Who is jun fan?

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Lee Jun Fan, one of Bruce Lee's names. He was also kown as Li Yuen Kam for a while, and also Sai Fung, a feminine name, which is a tradition to confuse evil spirits or something. The Nurse that delivered him gave him the name 'Bruce' but he didn't use it until he went to college.

His screen names are various translations of 'little dragon', as he was born in the year of the dragon.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no it was because he chased the brown dragon

yeah he was given a girls name because the evil spirits wanted to molest him when he was younger. they should have used a coin sword to whoop the evil spirits ass.

take that shar chi

peace,

21. Yusukeshonen Registered Member

Why dwell on his death or all the bad things he might have done. Instead we should focus on his teachings and learn from him. Isn't that what he wanted us to do?

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I'm watching The Bruce Lee story on AMC right now. By the end, I should have the answer!

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

OK. The movie just ended. Apparently, he fell into a mysterious coma and died. So there you go.