Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George1 Registered Senior Member

you again show no graph on my actual words. did you even bother read? the claim simply can be taken seriously. i explained why, but you have no understanding of basic arguments. fuck, the draining thingy is already proven wrong. the novelization has dozens of mistakes that contradict the movie. this is one of them. and Darkstar wrote that? that explains a lot. i belive Wong has already disprove him. and i don't care what you believe either. you simply can't understand a simple thing like what i said.

there is no such statement in the movies, but unfortunately for you, the movies are not all-powerful. the EU hoverer dose states that numerously.
    it did had a shield. get fucking over that. the proof is there, all you have to do is WATCH IT.
    wrong. it did had, but it was of no meaning to the Federation. it was simply infinitely smaller.
    oh, that PROVES a lot.
    just to here. it explains everything. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction_of_Alderaan#Behind_the_scenes and here.http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/bd727c36.jpg there's the proof, there's the interaction, just god dam reed it.
    a SD is the ultimate ship of the empire. dam it, there were around 20 ships just at Endor. plus, the empire is not called GALACTIC for nothing. it had a galaxy to control. i don't aspect you to understand that.

4) Okay, so what is t
    read about that before you even dare to respond back.
    aha, that's your ultimate proof its not canon? wow. dude, just suck up the fact that it is, and it is not a kid book.
    fuck your ignorant.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If wong has disproven him, then post that proof - and note, it must come from the movies or other HIGH CANNON sources, or else it is overruled as Darkstar's proof comes direct from the movies (and the novels which, sadly for you, are on the same level of Cannon as the Movies).

So, see, right there... you are WRONG - the novelization is EQUAL to the movies. Thus, the power packs being drained, sorry kid, that's gospel right there. Period.

Don't like darkstar? You think Wong is your god? Tough shit - your god is wrong (no pun intended). Darkstar's proof is right from the absolute source.

Wow... okay, screw it - you're done. Finished. You have lost your right to debate here.

Why?

G-Cannon... the movies you ignorant child. They override EVERYTHING ELSE. PERIOD.

You don't like that? TOUGH.

"it did had a shield"... oh my god the mutilation of language, logic, and grammar is never ending with you isn't it!

No, it didn't have a shield - if it did, you could provide solid proof of this. As you cannot, you concede the point (unwillingly of course), and thus it had no shield.

Dont' like it - back up your goddamn claims with some evidence.

Yes, it did - why would they have an energy hungry planetary shield online all the time, especially if it was as powerful and capable as you say?

So, an uncited, unreferenced, and ANONYMOUS quip on Wikipedia is your concrete "proof" the shield was there?

Let me enlighten you - that "glow" is actually the surrounding atmosphere (water vapor, et al) boiling away. That bright spot? That's the goddamn cloud... you can see it here!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Notice - the brightest spots on the third picture from the bottom? Compare that to the first or second picture up top - anyone with a brain can see that the glow pretty well coincides with the cloud lines...

It is? Really? A Star Destroy is the "ultimate ship of the empire"... so what is the Executor (Super Star Destroyer)? What about those Eclipse class star dreadnaughts, hm? Uh oh, seems I popped your theory right there, in that you can even classify your SHIPS right. Why should we believe anything you say considering how consistently WRONG YOU ARE?!?

I have - I want to see what YOU think it is you worm... quit trying to sidestep the fact that you don't know.

I never said it isn't canon you incredibly illiterate fool - I said that it was overriden by the movies, which, by LUCAS FUCKING ARTS POLICY, is higher cannon, and thus OVERRULES the ICS.

So you keep claiming, but all you do is make yourself look dumber and dumber... lets check the ways:

1) You have all the grammar and spelling skills of your average seven year old, at best, and mutilate the English Language as if you were Jack the Ripper.

2) You never seem to get your facts straight, even about your own side (LOL, Star Destroyers are the best the Empire has, riiiiiight.)

3) You constantly fail to understand even the most BASIC premise of logical thought

4) You are incapable of accepting photographic evidence based entirely on WHO provided it.

5) You are incapable of admitting when you are wrong, to the point of telling blatant and obvious lies in a pathetic attempt to refrain from saying the simple phrase "Oops, I fucked up"

GROW UP.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

unfortunately, there is no statement in the movies of a discharge. and since i fucking prooved the statement is wrong, you kinda look like an ignorant.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

*facepalm* you think ricerony hijacked george's account?

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm starting to think so... he REALLY doesn't understand the fact that, since the novelizations ARE canon, what they say, goes. The novel said, quite simply "the blasters fell silent, their power packs depleted"... even a ten year old should be able to grasp that concept with no issue.

George is, literally, one of the ones that should fall under the "stupidity limit" issue I put up in the Site Feedback area...

At this point, I think it would be better if we just put George on ignore - let him rant and rave to himself from now own... it's obvious he cannot be taught, so why bother with him. I mean, come on... he thinks that uncited wikipedia articles can be used as "evidence"... what the hell...

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

@ George - just to prove a point home:

There were two eclipse class ships (Eclipse and the Eclipse II, as stated on Wookiepedia) as well as the Executor and Lusankya, both the same class.

So, yeah... again, you are WRONG.

Not to mention the other handful of Executor class SSD's

And if you REALLY want to get crazy with the EU:

10. OriTS Banned Banned

I have been lurking here for a while, and I'm surprised this happened only when the member ricrery was banned.

11. OriTS Banned Banned

been lurking here for a while, and I'm surprised this happened only when the member ricrery was banned. He even wants me to post for him here.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Knowing Ricrery, that doesn't surprise me...

BTW - whoever asked - yes, I am Kittamaru from SpaceBattles - I requested to have myself perma-banned for two reasons:

1) I was spending far too much time reading / participating in threads there as it was
    2) One of the new moderators there (SuperS4) is a biased biggot who claims "lack of evidence" on any pro-trek debater while never questioning the lack of evidence on pro-wars debaters... to the point where people like White Rabbit could get away with blatant and direct insults that have NOTHING to do with the debate at hand without question... it was irritating. So, to stop myself doing something I may have lived to regret, I asked The Observer to simply perm-ban me so I didn't have to deal with it anymore

13. Gustav Banned Banned

kittamaru
    how does this thread rank and compare with others elsewhere?
    would you know?

anyone?

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

When the filth gets taken out, this thread makes some serious headway - the general consensus in times of logical debate is that, IF Star Trek can make up for the massive numeric advantage Star Wars holds, and can develop a way to nullify Hyperdrive (which should be easy as any sufficient gravity well should do it... hint hint being near a Romulan Ship) then Trek should score a very, very easy victory.

Failing those two points... it's a toss up. Major starbases in Trek seem to be more than adequately able to fend off even Star Destroyers no problem, thanks in large part to being able to easily fend off swarms of smaller craft, missiles, and the like - that results in ONLY Ion Cannons (which shouldn't be too effective thanks to the more broad-spectrum shielding) and laser weapons remaining as their only weapons... unless they bring the Death Star with them, planet-destroying is simply not going to happen (at least not for the important ones)

In the end, all wanking tossed aside, it's a pretty even fight - I give it to the Star Wars side, only because we SEE them able to quickly adapt new technologies to adapt to new threats.

15. Gustav Banned Banned

thanks kitt
    how about a comparison of this thread with other threads of a similar nature in other forums
    for instance......post count/views/longevity/quality of dialogue??

anyone else wanna opine?

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Truth be told - I've never seen a thread go on this long, or with this many posts :shrug:

17. OriTS Banned Banned

No, not that. It's that these anti-Wars arguments didn't even start until after he was banned. Here's what he said.

"Aw, look Apocalypse is trying to look smart, how cute. He's never provided a decent argument for Trek other than "THEY ARE MORE ADVANCED!!11!!", and now he tries to redeem his stupidity. Also, Kitt, asking for proof is not the same as insulting someone. White Rabbit falls under the former, and Apocalypse falls on the latter, with Khorak on both. It's also no surprise James R doesn't ban him for this, but bans me. It's not a problem, given that he has no common sense and is a complete and utter retard

"

Edit: Some more he wanted to add.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: OriTS has been permanently banned from sciforums as a sock puppet of a previously-banned user.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*giggles* was wondering when that was coming... Ricrery isn't a very good liar.

Thanks once again for taking out the trash James - maybe this time he'll learn a lesson...

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

yeah, se you, that proves nothing but the fact that you go around things. wheres the anwser to my previous post?
    again you twist words. dam it, i said they were both the FIRST of their kind. what dose this has to do with anything?

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It kind of does prove a lot... you don't even know your own "facts and figures" for star wars when it comes to the basics, like your claim that the Eclipse and Executor were "one of a kind" - they weren't... not by a long shot.

Install FireFox as your web browser - it has a built in spell check and grammar check... pretty simple fix. Failing that, type your post in Office/Word and then copy-past over to here...

22. George1 Registered Senior Member

i said that the executor was the first of its kind. during Palpatine' reigned, it was the only one build. and the Eclipse began construction just after the battle of yavin. and i didn't even mentioned it because it doesn't appear in the movies.
    first, i mentionedd that the SD is the empires ultimate weapon. agree, its not exactly close to the truth. but, what i wanted to mention, and apparently you didn't understand, is that it formed the vast majority of the Empire' fleet. one Executor to thousands of SD? and honestly, i don't see what that picture is supposed to mean? what does it supposed to prove? the size? what?

already tried, i don't find a good download.
    every one i tried so far is corrupt and doesn't open for installation. i already had big problem's with bugs. or at least that what my sister said when she installed the new windows. interestingly enough, i worked on the computer for months without any antivirus AT ALL, and NEVER had any problem. the day she downloaded a game for my little sister, everything crashed.
    curious huh?

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

hm... lets put the debate aside for now - sounds like your computer has either a serious trojan or some other form of infection...

http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.6.13&os=win&lang=en-US

That is a direct link to download Mozilla Firefox

http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

That is a direct link to the Avast AntiVirus site - click the free antivirus one, and use the download link provided.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

That is a direct link tot he SpyBot Search and Destroy download

Install Avast and SpyBot first, and see what they turn up - should give you a good starting point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.