Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saxion Banned Banned

Question... who would win?

Darth Pleigus VS. Yoda?

Second...

Darth Sidious VS. The Borg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It was the same as the Stargazer, and old Connie class indeed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_(TNG_episode)

The Picard Maneuver

Picard ordered the Stargazer to make a short warp jump toward the attacking ship, outrunning the light of its own image coming from its previous location.[1] The Ferengi were momentarily distracted by what appeared to be a second ship coming out of warp, providing the Stargazer with enough time to destroy them.[1] The crippled Stargazer's crew abandoned ship in lifeboats and shuttlecraft and were recovered ten weeks later.[1] Picard was court-martialed but cleared of wrongdoing.[1]

*grins* That'd fuck up an ISD's sensors.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ent-E FTW though...

And no, they did NOT have shields up - the Scimitar also knew exactly where to hit them to disable them.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Lol, watching the new clone warps episode...

I know EXACTLY how Trek would win:

Hack the navi-Computers of all wars ships with hyperdrives

Have them drive into a moon.

Lol, dumbass... clone wars IS cannon though... and it certainly is NOT helping War's case at all.

10. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Wait. The Borg, when first encountered, beat the crap out of the federation fleet. I dunno. The scale of the ships seems different from story to story to me. The enterprise seems to portray itself as the size of a star destroyer sometimes, but closer to the size of the millennium falcon at others. Maybe that's just the joy of TV. Star Wars vessels seem far more brobdignagian.

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

sw shields don't stop solid objects ??????? The millenium falcon came out of hyperspace straight in the debri of alderan. without shields it would simply be destroyed. no armor can stand the pressure of an object hitting at that speed.
    drive the toughest tank against a mountain wall at 100mph and see what's left of it. lmao

hey what about ST armor? i know that voyager is not the best example on defence stats but i one episode they were targetted by an low tech ship (don't really know if it were phasers or lazers but it was weak) creating a hole in theyre shield allowing ansmaller vessel to go through an hit voyager in somesort of kamikaze run. uhm didn't they lose control of voyager in that episode lmao

imagine what a isd can acomplish. total info on St ships lmao

12. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

the Q would look at STvsSW as we do at a good war-movie. pure entertainment. btw if you in someway can uptain Q weapons they can be killed. Look at the episode where Q wants a kid with Janeway creating a cival war.
    Q are so easyly bored they just play games with ST and SW ffs.
    and SW being the new toy they probably take good care of it. tossing away the old toys. were does that leave ST????? lmao with the rest of the garbage

13. Saxion Banned Banned

Oh fine then. Don't answer my geeky question

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Saquist Banned Banned

Saxion, I'm not really sure if there is any difference between them.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Fighters dont' use shields... they use deflector screens.

We're talking CAPITAL ship shields...

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. minutes to take it down, as oposed to seconds in the shows.

2.i re-runed the movie. E-E WAS shielded. there are at least 4-5 offscreen hits that we can acount for and then 7 external shots. 4 hit the saucer 3 hit the hull section. it is tha last 1-2 that start causing structural damage. 1 takes down the warp core, the other hits the nacelle. it takes about 1 minute to get them up again though.

i think i posted the exact statisics some time ago.

3. i was never a big fan of the GCS. ever since i firs saw it back in 1989 i was like: meh, what have they done to my ship?

i guess i was to hooked up on the old Constitution. but i like the Sovereign. it's allmost as preatty as the excelsior.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i can't remember if i wached that episode. from what i know, the Intrepid class has disent shielding, but is only slightly armoured. it may be classified as a light cruiser or scout ship by TNG standards.

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I believe it's a light cruiser.

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually unless there has been a special ruling the Clone Wars series falls in the realm of TV Specials in the realm of non-canon.

However in the novelizations of the movies SW fleets use massive ammounts of Electronic Warfare. There's more jamming going on there there is power coming from a ST vessels warp drive. Targeting computers and scanners are largely useless in such situations. A Federation vessel would be lucky to hit itself in such an environment.

As for the Energy ratings supplied by Doctor Curtis, approved by Lucas and Lucasfilm they are completely supported by all forms of valid canon. The refutation of someone who is not part of Lucasfilm means less than nothing.

I don;t care what you care about. this is a debate using the canon of both universes as facts. Again CLone Wars series is along the line of TV special non canon.

Excuse me, but are you completely deaf and blind? While SW shields do not display the odd and pointless interaction that ST shields do this is not evidence of a lack. In ANH we have proof of a shield on the Tantive IV when the Turbolaser bolt strikes something above the vessel and then refracts and splinters down into the ship. We hear of shields in ESB when the Milleium falcon made their pass on the Avenger, in ROTJ the bridge shields dropped on the Exectuioner after a long bout of concentrated fire. In TPM the Federation Droid Control ship had shields too strong for the fighters weapons. In RoTS we see multitude of shields from the fresh shields on new vessels entering the fray to the depleted shields of vessels that had been in the battle much to long. Not to mention the facility shields.

Actually in the VERY FIRST episode Q claims to be putting mankind on trial. As time goes on he explains that the Q are interested, albeit slightly in mankinds development.

Actually they would welcome the challenge and change it would bring to the galaxy. It would also bring a fresh host of new things for them to explore. Since they did not stop the Dominion war they won't stop the imperial war. As for the AI thing, SW has gone beyond the positronic centuries ago. They mass produce AI that can do everything from hold a real conversation to theorhetical physics.

But they never have before. So most likely a Human invasion on humans would warrant a few bets at the most.

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Okay some technical corrections here.

Warp Drive: Creates a warp bubbles around the craft and allows the vessel to move in real space at c+

Transwarp drive: Creates a transwarp conduit that allows a vessel to move a few hundred times faster than the fastest warp drive.

Hyper drive: creates a pandimensional rift that allows the vessel to slip into a parallel universe that does not conform to Einsteinian relativity. meaning you do not gain mass as you accelerate. This allows speeds in excess millions of times the speed of light,

"Jump to Lightspeed", "Gone to Light Speed", or "Past Light": Slang terms used for describing the jump to hyperspace.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Here's a technical correction for you scotch:

Quantum Slipstream - the ability to move millions of lightyears in the span of a second.

Chroniton Drive - the ability to traverse decades instantaneously.

Battle Droids - incompetent wannabes that make C3P0 look like a good candidate for blaster upgrades! (they can't seem to hit an IMMOBILIZED target!)

ISD - Interstellar Space Debris

SSD - Super Space Debris

DS - Dead Shit

VSD - Variable Space Debris

Get the running gag on this...?

Give it up scotch... we have proven your "calculations" (and I use that term VERY loosely) to be wong (haha, I made a funny) time and time again! STOP SPOUTING TRASH.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and here's a question - if you slip into an alternate universe via Hyperdrive... why can't you do it near a gravity well? For that matter, why can you run into stuff in realspace? If it were an "alternate" universe, you wouldn't have that problem. Oh, and also - your sensors wouldn't be blind. Why? Because obviously you're in another dimension that doesn't conform to physics, so the energy of your scanners would add their speed at Point of Exit from the vessel to the vessels current speed, thus accelerate AWAY from the vessel and be able to see ahead of it!

Either that, or you don't have a damned clue what you're talking about.

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

The problem with voyager is that it's al alone with no way to get spareparts. so when something goes wrong they have to fix it with what the can find. So Voyager is never up to date. but i think at the end voyager starts to fix itself or something.

allthough i do like looking at TNG i still prefer Voyager because it stays somewhat the same instead of TNG where they are weak in one episode and powerfull in the next.

The last spinoff can't intrest me though. The enterprise is more advanced than the later ones go figure

Of all Startrek spinoffs i like Deepspace9 the most. that spacestation is just awesome. Especially the episode where they are threatend by a whole Klingon fleet. the sheer firepower that DS9 can produce is just freaking awesome. I do believe it could hold a long time against SW. and thats just thumbs up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.