Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Nope, Eclips self-destructed. Nothing, I am talking about your counter-stratagies.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They hit them quite often thanks to their terrible aim...

Impacts from things like landspeeders, speederbikes, and atmospheric craft have near to no effect on simple trees and dirt!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I know sonic waves will do nothing. Seismic Charges are not sound waves.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Seismic_charge

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, you lost me...

The Executor vs Defiant once more

Missiles are useless... would be destroyed before they could hit the Defiant
    HTL's and LRTL's are too inaccurate and cannot track an object going .8c
    "Seismic" charges, as already stated, are ineffective
    Dreadnaughts and Eclipses are other ships - we're not including those in this... fighters yes, but we already know a TIE's weaposn wouldn't damage even a trek shuttle.
    TL's would be their only real effective weapon.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

There was never a landspeeder crash nor a atmospheric craft crash in the oringial movies. Speederbikes have no shields, it is light and it almost destoryed a tree.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

OMG! READ THE WIKI!

A seismic charge will (a few seconds after launch) briefly detonate into a blue ball, which appears to have the unusual side-effect of removing all sound from a given area around it. This small explosion soon collapses on itself, releasing a shock wave of energy that will obliterate everything in its path.

They use SOUND WAVES!

There is NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE. OBSERVE IT IN THE MOVIES! YOU HEAR IT CHARGE UP, THEN NOTHING, THEN BOOM! STUFF EXPLODES! THE ONLY THING THAT EXHIBITS THAT KIND OF ACTIVITY IS A RESONANCE CHARGE! EG, SOUND!

Good GOD man!

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

... *falls over*

THEIR WEAPONS!

WHEN THEY SHOOT!

You know? They DO shoot at stuff in the movies! Eg, the Ewok battle!!! C'mon man!

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Seisimc charges don't work like real-life seismic charges, it is mis-named like turbolaser. Missiles can manuver so it will be hard to target. TIE/i's weapons not TIE bomber's weapons. Dreadnaughts are carried in the SSD, so it is involved. There is atleast 200 turbolaser.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Removing all sounds, do sound look blue to you?

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thats a speederblike not a airspeeder.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh ffs...

Alright, let me tell you like this:

Can you tell me, EXACTLY, how a seismic charge works?

No?

Then we must ASSUME how it works.

It exhibits properties EXACTLY like a sonic charge!

Thus, unless you can debunk that, we can safely assume it operates on sonic waves.

Manuvering or not, missiles WILL be shot down.

any kind of TIE will be detonated long before it can do serious damage... and a TIE Bomber cannot bomb a ship moving faster than it... duh.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sure, why not...

I didn't write the wiki... you referenced it! I used it and that is what it said.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I Said Speederbike! What The Hell Is Wrong With You?

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

TIE Bombers carry missiles too. Yes I can, a sismic charge release a large amount of energy, it compacts the released again into a flat shape. Sonic Charge have no color, sismic charges release blue energy. IF a ship can dodge phaser, so can a missile.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

If it is sonic why is it blue? If you are not satisfied with my reasponces, discusse that with other Star Wars debaters, like TW Scott.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

You said amosperic veicals, thats airspeeders. What is wrong with you?

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*falls over yet again*

Fine, they carry missiles... which will just be shot down.

Ships RARELY dodge a phaser blast, and usually those that do ARE CLOAKED!

You want me to REALLY fuck your missiles? Fine... I'll transport them, then wipe the buffer. There, they CEASE TO EXIST.

Yes I can, a sismic charge release a large amount of energy, it compacts the released again into a flat shape. Sonic Charge have no color, sismic charges release blue energy.

Are you insane? That doesn't say HOW it works! How do you "compact energy", then release it "in a flat shape?

Did you LISTEN to the charge in the movies? It was an OBVIOUS sonic resonance wave, maybe even a sonic resonance cascade!

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I said "speeder bikes, landspeeders, and atmospheric craft"

I was making reference to PLANETARY, rather than SPACE, craft... CONTEXT read man! Context!

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It was blue because it super-heated the molecules of dust and debris and made them glow blue? You can't SEE a seismic wave either...

You know, I'm about ready to block you too... you argue like a damned ten year old with no understanding of basic principals!

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The transporter only can transport less then 10 objects, they will fire hundreds of missile. Then why have I seen they dodge phaser in the defence of Earth.

Thats the best I can give you, I didn't make Star Wars or the Wiki.
    It is blue, sound have no color, if you are not satisfied asked other Star Wars debaters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.