Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I knew about Slip-Stream, but that was just oneship in Voyager wasn't it? That one guy's who wanted to give Janeway to the Borg. Sorry, I can't remember the names.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

Do you know what post # it was? I have a custom length to my pages.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Hey, when your small car sized spaceships have a low end output of 600GT/s and your flagship is the size of a planet you have the firepower to solo most other sci-fi universes out there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That would only slow them down until they cloned new bodies. The thing to remember is you can not truly kill an Irken without destroying their PAK.

Anyways, its time to call planet Callnowia and unleash the inter-galactic FTL Package Cannons of Dooooooooooom!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

do you even realize what you just wrote??? Jesus fucking Christ on a stick!! You're a complete moron. Good bye.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

That means 870 teratons.

2.2 petatons.

9. ricrery Banned Banned

This is why people who know jackshit about things shouldn't be allowed near the Internet. It's a BOARD GAME, IMBECILE. You're an idiot, you have a learning disability, and you think a WEAK PIECE OF SHIT RACE LIKE THE BORG can beat the Xeelee.

10. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

you stated simple mathematics that made 1) no sense 2) had nothing to do with anything that we are talking about 3) shows you have a speech impediment. Either that or :m:

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Funny thing is, I don't see Perion, Blacksun, or Jemaquari here... so, yeah, who are these magical people you keep talking about?

And Sequist? Who's that? You mean Saquist? He doesn't hate me...

12. ricrery Banned Banned

Okay... 1 centimeter is worth 1,000 km, and the moon was 6 centimeters in size... you do the math... either that, or concede all of the Fed's ships wouldn't shake a transport's shields.

13. ricrery Banned Banned

Saquist is stated to be an idiot by pretty much everyone I ask.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes, but WH40K is also incredibly oversized and overpowered... I have no doubt WH40K would crush Trek, Wars, and a dozen other sci-fi's combined if they are allowed to work on THEIR "physics". Drop them into a more realistic physics set (like, say SW or ST) and their ships would implode, weapons would randomly detonate upon first attempt to fire, and Orks would find that painting their vehicles red doesn't actually make them go faster...

15. ricrery Banned Banned

See?

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I dunno... if you notice, Guinan takes much the same pose as Q... which could be taken as an indication she has much the same powers. I mean, he offers to wipe her out of existence after all, and sounds quite confident about it. The fact that they met over two centuries ago... the fact that Guinan immediately picks up on Q's conversation about their arrogance shows that she has had extensive dealings with them in the past...

I dunno - to be fair, there is a LOT we don't know about both races.

EDIT - she was also unable to prevent Q from sending the Ent-D into the path of the Borg... *shrugs*

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

See what? Me referring to you as TWScott?

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sources plzkthnx?

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Really? Now it sounds like your just trying to cover your ass with both hands...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It is implied in ENT, Voyager, and a handful of other references that SlipStrem becomes standard in the future - the fact that the Enterprise-D under command of Admiral Riker (All Good Things) is able to hit Warp 15 shows a vast increase in speed...

21. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

1 centimeter on the table top by 40K game rules = X number of kilometers IRL.

He's not talking about that Gauss Cannon. A Necron Gauss Cannon IIRC is an energy weapon that rips matter apart.

Who is this Saquist?

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No clue mate, sorry.

I will be frank - I have no ire with you, and no reason to be dishonest. Trust me when I say this was done - you yourself know how vast the universes in question are. By limiting them to the latest and greatest, we give ourselves a vantage point to look over the technology and be able to see it for what it is, instead of trying to grasp at the veils we have (such as the Suncrusher, Dyson Sphere, and other "indestructible" things... who would win? Suncrusher vs Dyson Sphere... Doomsday Device vs Death Star... things like that cannot honestly be answered)

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Problem is, you never mention the board game until now... so the rest of us have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

And besides, posts like this show your obvious ignorance and bias towards your own arguments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.