Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

But Star Wars move faster in hyperspace

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You're missing the point...

toe to toe, a Defiant class Starship will kick the crap out of a Star Destroyer.

Why?

The Star Destroyer would never HIT it.

The Defiant can lay down a punishing barrage from it's pulse phaser batteries and NEVER have to worry about taking a single hit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

So? they only need the missiles. It is like a machine gun mounted on a helicopter, it can changed onto another platfrom

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Which is useless because, unlike Warp, they cannot FIGHT in HyperSpace.

Also, Star Trek has co-axial warp and quantum slipstream, which allows NEAR INSTANT travel from point A to point B. Finally, Star Trek has the ability to Time Travel... the USS Relativity is the flagship of that fleet

8. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

They can pick big targets with SDs, and use smaller frigates to attack Defiant.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Then why didn't the Empire make use of it? That'd be FAR more effective than the Death Star, doncha think?

10. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

How do you know? We never seen it fight in hyperspace, because the speed is too great, it is like two rockets fired one after the other, they can''t get in range. Star Wars use shields to stop it from time traveling. Anyways I have to go to sleep, bye.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Star Wars doesn't time travel...

And you can't fight in HyperSpace because your weapons would hit yourself...

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. the SG engagements are really small scaled. i find this strange since, reports say the conflicts there span in 3 galaxies?
    2. oh well that is another thing then. what determines the energy consumption then?
    3. vacuum energy is not the same thing as power. in other words if you want infinite power you'll get one hell of math issues, i don't even want to think about it. the source of energy might be undepleatable, however this does not meant it's power output is infinite. actually for the power to be infinite, you need to release an infinite quantity of energy in a limited amount of time. this might result in a creation of a new universe. but that put a side, ST uses the vacuum energy (zero point energy) to power it's quantum torpedoes. in other words, the human shields in SG are on pair with the quantum torps in ST. i'd say this makes them quite beatable.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

ah yes. sorry i can't distinguish the ships in SG yet.

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

ion cannons are a very odd device. they damage only the electronic systems on SW vessels and cause no structural damage. this means they are very low powered AND SW shields can't stop them or if they can then the shields are very low powered too. in comparison the shields in ST can stop supernovas and event horizon effects. a low level ion burst will do little to disrupt any ST system.

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. sure they don't don't need to. there is no one to challenge them.
    2. the bigger the ship the easier is to hit and the more difficult to compensate for its loss.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

it's bullseye 1 in (something) back home. they are not much bigger then 2 m. which kind of confirmes how bad the computers in SW are. it's funny how it was never brought to my attention before.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

the droids were even worse then the Jem'Hadar. they get killed to easy and have the firing control of a kindergarden kid. they are maybe as incompetent as redshirts if not more.

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

neat stuff. where can we see these babies in action?

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

something like the internet IRL but wireless? how does it operate? i remember Vader ordering the SSD out of the asteroid field to get a clear transmition, but not much more then that.

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

useless in tactical engagement. unless you are into hyperspace highway construction business this "buster" weapons are of no consequence.

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i while back there was this skywalker dude, bright kid. tried to use the centerthingy. go some 200-300 pages back. i think it did not end well.

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

again look back some hundreds of pages. and ISD lost its tower for all practical purposes by an asteroid hit. a rather slow asteroid hit btw. as far as the personal shileds, you need to post a link. i remember the 6 movies and the CW cartoon and no trooper ever had a personal shield.

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

which means bigger then a missile in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.