Afghanistan - What is the objective?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Mar 11, 2009.

1. John99 Banned Banned

South America as well. It would have worked its way up to Mexico though and then Mexicans would not have been able to leave the country.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

People change, Nietz, and there's not much we can do about it. History is full of examples of nice guys turning into horrible leaders.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it's not something that we can use to make future decisions. Just because one thing went wrong one time is no sure sign that we should never do it again.

Or perhaps we should never, ever help anyone ever again? Do nothing ...and everything will be just fine in the world? I doubt it, don't you?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you arm more Pashtun tribals instead? because it worked out so badly the last time?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Actually I am the one LMAO, what don't you understand that the divorce was mutually agreeable.

After the Muhajideen achieved their purpose, they didn't want us there either, or, should we have invited all of the Muhajideen Fighters and Leadership to a great feast and murdered them so they wouldn't become a problem later?

Yes, when We were giving them arms, "We Were the Good Guys", when they no longer needed the U.S., we just became so many more Infidels, and a affront to Islam.

Remember they are the one's who made;

"The Enemy of My Enemy,is My Friend"

"It is good to strike the serpent's head with your enemy's hand." ​

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

One makes decisions based on situations, SAM. One can't make decisions on past mistakes when the situations are NOT the same.

In Afghanistan, we're fighting the Taliban. The Pashtun tribes who claim to also be fighting the Taliban, we give the arms to fight with us against that same Taliban.

Or perhaps you're saying that all Pashtuns are Taliban?????

Baron Max

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats a lie. The Americans abandoned the Afghanis after using them as cannon fodder in their proxy war against the Soviets. They left 15 million mines which maimed over a million Afghanis.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're just killing innocent people most of whom are born and die in the same village. And such cowards that you send unmanned drones to do it. Such a shameful enterprise of mass murder.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And if we'd stayed to help them recover, you'd have condemned us as occupiers!! Make up you're fuckin' mind, SAM!

Baron Max

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Nope, SAM, that's not true and you know it. Most of those deaths were the direct cause of the Taliban extremists blowing up their own people!!

Yet you seem to want us to get out of Afghanistan and leave the people to the loving ways of the Taliban????

Baron Max

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You don't have to move in to someone's house to help them, Baron. Not even when you are the one who fucked up their life.

Now the Taliban are using unmanned drones? Every man out there whose family is killed is a potential militant, every one you kill will create another, the Taliban are Pashtuns and demand equivalence in killing, what they call badal.

How many will you kill? They are already the single largest refugee group in the world.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But it's sometimes much easier to help when you're close.

So you approve of people who take the law into their own hands ...without the benefit of laws and the rule of law? You cheer such an approach to life in the 21st century?

Actually, SAM, it's how many people will the Taliban extremist Muslims kill. The Muslim extremists kill far, far more than the American soldiers. And that's been true since we went into that shithole of a country.

Baron Max

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The allies have been killing more than the Taliban for quite a while now, Baron.

This is not a secret

As for their legal system, well we all have many opinions about legal systems in other countries.

Thats no excuse for killing the people who live there.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Only just recently, yes. But from the start of the war, the Taliban and other Muslim extremists killed far more Afghanis than did the Americans. And, SAM, they're still killing their own people at high rates all over the country.

Don't you just love that approach to fighting "invaders"? ..kill your own people until the "invaders" leave? ...LOL! Damn, those Taliban fighters are pretty smart, huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then why are the Taliban still killing their own people? And worse, why are you still supporting them in those efforts?

Baron Max

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'd like to see those numbers. That is not indicated anywhere. The only casualties available are for the coalition as if they are casualties in their own war.

The US strikes are now available.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, SAM, it's easy if you really want to see it. Look at that chart that YOU provided ...you recently made mention of millions of deaths of Afghanis, right? So, take the numbers on the chart, that YOU provided, subtract the ones that were killed by Americans, and you'll have the numbers that were killed by the Taliban!!

Oh, what are you saying/thinking? ...oh, now you're changing your mind about something?

Baron Max

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Uh those are civilian deaths from US airstrikes only. And only the last two years.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Okay, fine. Then first lets establish how many Afghan civilians have been killed in total. Then we'll find figures on coalition kills versus killings by the Taliban. I believe that you said it was something like "millions", right?

SAM, you know as well as I ......the Taliban has killed far, far more Afghan civilians than all of the coalition forces combined.

And somehow, for some reason, you still support the Taliban. Why?

Baron Max

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its your claim, Baron. Lets see the data.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, SAM, you're the one who continually talks about the "millions" of Afghan civilians that the Americans have killed. I've been trying to get you to show me that data. And when you finally did show me something, I immediately refuted it AND your own silly assertions.

Baron Max