Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

it doesn't really matter, since borginess if basically viral every droid assimilated is another Borg to assimilate more droids

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

How about Skywalker? they can't stand the force-skills of Skywalker or Skywalkers lightsaber going through their heads.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

the shields should, eventually take care of the lightsaber, the force would be more problematic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ya, especially Skywalker's skills.

8. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

jedi are not soldiers. even Anakin (and he is not the best jedi warrior we have seen) would be overwealmed.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Skywalker, I doubt they could force-block a phaser blast. We have, at best, seen them ABSORB force energy, not even blaster bolts. VADER could DEFLECT them, that's it though. No way to deflect a blast like this. Gungan energy shields would be crippled after the first shot of a isometric detonator, then the phaser could finish the job.

As far as the Borg - how well would Luke fare against 10,000 drones? That's the minimum compliment of a standard Borg Cube - an Assimilation cube has even more. Plus the Borg could simply trap him in a cell via their transporters... no amount of force is going to help him there.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

jedi are good warriors (especially in controlled environements) but there are just too few of them. especiallly for the Empire.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I mean Anakin by SKywalker. he can force-push them all.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Doubt it. Anakin can just use the force. you are forgetting ARCs.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i guess that is why the republic needid the clones.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

How about Anakin? He is the best of the best.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

ARCs are clones. Anakin can't defend the republic by himself? he can't go to all the systems at once. They made the clone army in 10 years. pretty impresive.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

then why use an army or a fleet for offensive actions? just use Anakin-the universal Armageddon? who needs DeathStars,ISDs,AT-ATs,AT-STs or troopers if you have Anakin?
    just send him alone where the enemy is strongest and he would "single handedly" take care of anyrhing right? "single" handedly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

He did kill a large group of jedi single handly. Well he can't be on mutiple systems at the same time, he can destory a couplr of squadrons of fighters single handly. They did send Anakin to bases to destory bases ( seen in clone wars ). Anakin Skywalker is only 19 at the beginning of the clone wars, come on do you expect a teenager to take out a huge army? no! And it would take a while to kill all the dark jedi, come on he is just a teenager when clone wars begun, if you mean the whole modren US army vs Anakin Skywalker, Anakin would win but it would take a while, if you give him a platoon of ARCs with him, he can beat the US in about a couple of months. If he can fly his starfighter vs the US he can wipe out the US airforce.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Anakin is a better pilot then any federation pilot. Anakin is a better melee fighter then any Kinglions. Anakin is a better mechnic then any Federation personnel. Anakin is a the best!

19. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

*sigh*

Please provide evidence that the jedi can destroy nanoprobes.

20. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I love it how you can just claim this shit and never have to back it up. In any case, beaming him into a cell on a starship will do a great deal in countering his combat abilities. And if he escapes, they can beam him back, and fill it with sleeping gas.

21. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but where is the quote that you want me to look for that shows him making the declaration.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

*Groans*

No, that was just one group of battle droids, not the whole damn army. Given the influence this federation had, it likely had alot more ships and alot more droids. Surely not a massive army, but the idea that they had only one command ship is retarded.

And let's see, ten years ago. Big deal. I knew this, I want to know how you came to believe they could raise the number that you claim. Do you have some numbers?

Then prove it. Thus far, all you've been doing is denying our claims without providing any evidence to counter our own.

You fail.

God damn it you are a fucking moron.

They are from two seperate universes you dipshit. It doesn't matter if they fly to to the end of their universe, they are never going to reach each other without a wormhole. This is so the two powers can fight each other, rather than having some dipshit argument like this. The idea is that the OP puts them against each other...well, in order to do that we need something to CONNECT THEM. I've explained this to you. The fact that you can't grasp this simple idea is causing my brain to bleed.

Please, try to be less stupid.

22. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I would also like to mention something about Empire Strikes Back. Many pro-wars debaters claim that it was just THIS asteriod field that was a danger to ISDs. However, I would like everyone to take a look at two pieces of dialogue from the movie:

Notice the bolding of 'an'. No where in any place or time did Threepio or Piett specify that it was that specific asteriod field that was a danger to the fleet, but rather, it was an asteriod field. This suggests that when Threepio told Han about the asteriod field, that he was meaning any asteriod field in general, not just the one in Hoth. The same goes for Piett, he did not mention the asteroid field at hoth, but rather any asteriod field in general would be a danger.

Thus, I think we can easily rule that the Empire is threatened by asteriods.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

While the Ent-E can simply blow the entire field away then procede unhindered...

or simply fly thru it and not be stupid enough to HIT one XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.