Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

They don't need tanks.

The feds have infantry, I forget which episode we see them in though.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Then the borg will adapt to the EM frequency used in their weapons.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

can't be all that much colder... after all it supports life, like wampas, abominable snow men, and Indiana Jones

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

TWS "20 times harder than diamonds so a hardness of 11.1. You do realize a material can be extremely hard, but still have poor material strength. If it too rigid it can ud up snapping along it crystaline structures at a weak spot if enough load/stress is presented. Since some objects could easily pierce the hull the stress point might be lower than you expect, though I would guess a hundred times what it would take for steel."

and do you realise that metalic crystaline structure difers from non metalic (i.e. diamond)? the electron in metalic crystal are free-flowing inside the pattern thus metals are electrical conductors. the non metalic crystals have relatively fixed elecron pairs due to the covalent bonds that the electrons form. so we have entirely diferent properties. metals can conduct electicity, are non transperant, are maulable, can be cast... all oof which covalent crystals can not exibit. therefore you can't cut through a metal the way you can through a diamond by using it's crystal geometry. so armor piercing will not be an issue of the material properties but hull properties (in other words ship design, in tank design this would be comparable to armor slopes, thickness, reactive armor).

besides we still no little of tritanium's elastical properties ot it's thermal resistance and capacity. we know they can not melt it, but that might be a techical issue (we can't melt titanium in normal atmosphere since it will oxidise above 700-800 degrees).

8. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i know, i was being generous. they would not be able to breathe if CO2 was solid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They can just use lightsabers and protect their neck.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

the jedi could. the poor strom troopers, clone troopers, rebel comandos, battle droids and othe non jedi will be doomed.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I don't think they can adapt to melee. THey cna only assimulate through the neck, they can protect their neck. You are forgetting the CIS army, they are droids, they can built alot faster then borgs assimulate.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Nope, there is more melee weapons then lightsabers, there are Vibroblades, Forcespikes, Electrostaff and i don't think they can adapt to brute force of the blasters, unlike phasers blasters are brute force not cutting energy. Vibroblades and forcespikes and cut your arm off by lightly tapping it, and Electrostaff cand kill you with a poke.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Remember, Republic and CIS can fight everywhere, Star Trek people can't fight EVERYWHERE. they can use that as their advantage. Geez, brog assimulation is so stupid, they assimulate through the neck like Vampires ( i wonder can garlic kill them? ) ARCs can just kick borg's heads off.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Skywalker, here is the problem:

A lightsabre can deflect a single bolt... great.

But phasers can fire a cone of energy that, at 20 meters, would encompass a 45 meter circlular area!

You cannot deflect THAT with a lightsaber - it's too much area to cover with that little blade.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

there is something called the force and telekenisisly remove the powerpack or garb the phaser. They can use gungan energy shields, that can deflect the phaser beam. You calling me skywalker reminds me of battlefront " Skywalker! Get him! " then 10 jedi are chasing after him, but he outran them with force speed.

16. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

i figured, i just came up with that line earlier today and was waiting for an excuse to use it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

you are just being silly. if they introuduce the nano probes to your blood stream you are don for. if they do it toy your circuits you are done for.

fighting melee agains the borg might be a good idea. as long as they wanna asimilate you. but what if all they wanna do is blast you and use disruptors?

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They put nanaprobes through you neck, plus they are force-users, they can destroy nanaprobes within them or they can use force-destruction or force-strom and KO the borgs. there is something called extending the blade to 3 meters long.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

There is another porblem about blasting jedi. remember borgs wanna assimulate "worthy" people? If Picard is worthy every borg would go after skywalker, and skywalker can outrun them with force-speed.

20. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

well lets see here, a lightsaber is still an energy weapon, so everything we've seen says they can adapt to it. they don't only assimilate through the neck, it just makes for a continent and dramatic way to do it. nanopobes can penetrate anything except species 8472, and can be distributed through things like mines, in addition to hand delivered by individual drones.

I think your severely over estimating droid production capacity, and under estimating Borg assimilation capacity. you make is sound like they can make a new droid every 10 seconds or something... any evidence for this?

21. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

err... many borg drones seem to have personal transporters... so he'd have to run awfully fast

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes i have, Attack of the Clones, and Geonosis is only 1 factory there is millions more factory.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_Droid_Army
    They made a huge army in 10 YEARS, thats very impressive. Not a normal sized a HUGE army. You are forgetting about force-users teleknisisly destory the nanaprobes. 10 second per droid is wrong, probabaly 1 factory 1 droid/10 second. Nor even probabaly 1 droid/10 seconds in a small factory.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ya, but likey almost EVERYONE would go after Skywaker, and Skywalker can force-push before they get close enough, Force-protection, yes Force-Crush ( it is not force-chock it is a advanced version of Force-Chock ) or other dark side abilities. Infact he does run awfully fast, seen in Clone Wars. He have a lightsaber you know, he can chop the borgs heads off, or whatevery part they use to assimulate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.