Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

well the ship is not only rediculous, it's even a stupid idea. lol
    What people don't understand is that the Force is collectively pooled. Loose a few powerful, and it severly diminishes. That's been shown as Kittamaru pointed out.
    If a few Betazoids, Medusans, Thasians, the xenophobic Melkot, a few lucky individuals exposed to the galactic barrier, and a few inventions by Landru, and force users will be rendered into slobbering 2 year old girls lol
    That's it. They're finished. Game over.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but my question is, why can nobody ELSE do any of that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ricrery Banned Banned

Because G-Canon movies can't do that shit. And you don't like EU.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So you're saying that, according to G-Cannon, they are incapable of doing it?

And it's not that I don't like EU... I just hate when people claim insane and stupid levels of power and abilities from some single, obscure reference in the EU that makes NO sense at all in the context of the rest of the SW Universe.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

No, it's just that you won't be seeing live action jumping all over the place.

Destroying a planet is nothing to the force, what more can be explained?

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Why won't you see live action jumping all over the place? I mean, they can make superman appear to fly, Neo jump hundreds, if not thousands, of feet, Goku fight mid air, and Aang airbend... I'm sure a little jumping would be a piece of cake for even a semi-talented FX department.

No, the POWER to destroy a planet is nothing to the force. Probably means the force can be used to sway others to your own side (which is MUCH more useful than simply blowing up a planet in the long run)

10. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

the point is they can't do it. If they could, the films would have shown it. But they don't. Because all of George Lucas' ideas are in the films. That's what he wanted to show, and that's how it is. Period.
    And like I said, get Betazoids, Medusans, Thasians, the xenophobic Melkot, a few lucky individuals exposed to the galactic barrier, and a few inventions by Landru, and force users will be rendered into slobbering 2 year old children lol
    Star Trek has already shown it has the means to do it. Star Wars has not. Which is why the keep destroying things instead of controlling people.
    Hmm, that makes me wonder: I guess all these control issues from the Jedi, and all the destructive actions by the Sith makes it seem like they have massive inferiority complexes. That and they seem to have anger issues from not being able to do much with their force; so they build technology to desroy things LOL Wow I just realized that lol

11. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Star Wars has shown it can control peole. Just look at how the Emporer came to be. He planned a brilliant Cou de tau(Possibly spelled wrong) and took the galaxy through a single speech. And the thing about it is is that ofcourse there's going to be war in Star Wars, it's in the name. Star Trek prefers diplomacy because they don't have the what it takes to wage long wars. As proven in the time it takes to build just one galaxy class ship.(3-5 years.)

12. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

yes alright. My point was that all those species I mentioned COMBINED are more powerful than force users which is based on collective (shared) power. It's always better when each of them is a separate source, as opposed to Force users who share the power.

13. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't sharing power have just as many benifits? And it's not as if the force is a limited resource, because if it was then they would have ran out sometime during the great sith wars.

14. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

not really....take out the powerful and it puts a crimp in their plan. It has been severly diminished. That's what Kittamaru and I are saying. They can't do insanely powerful things like desroying a planet....! They now are limited to small things. Like influencing people and a bit of object moving.

15. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

But do you realize how hard it is to accomplish what you're saying? Taking out the powerful is not easy, hence the word powerful. Impossible? No. Extremely difficult? Yes.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Omega, thing is, it's already been done. the Great Jedi Purge... remember all that?

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Ofcourse I do, but the original concept was Empire vs Feds. Only Great Jedi were alive in that time. Yoda, Luke, Obi-Wan, not to mention the most powerful Sith like Palpatine and Vader. Although they aren't in their prime anymore they are still extremely powerful.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Palpatine also have his personal army of force using thugs.....

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes, but other than Yoda, we don't see any of them do any truly amazing things... like, for example, Mace Windu's Force Crushes and Force Blasts. Those are terrifying attacks... force lightning is just... meh. I mean, yeah, to an unshielded opponent... but a MACO with personal shielding would laugh at it, then vaporize the poor sith using it.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Blaster rifles....verpine rifles.....dark troopers.....

21. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Don't watch it unless you don't mind vulgar humor. I watched it for the first 50 seconds, then I turned it off......

23. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I would posit Bene Gesserit training over force users. We are talking about people that have
    1) awakened the memories of their entire genetic line (only through the spice agony)(10's of thousands of years worth of memories)
    2) have mastered prana bindu exercises and the weirding way (this is extremely heightened reflexes and control over their own biochemistry)
    3) then there is Voice that can manipulate and control much more than the "these are not the droids you're looking for" of the force.

In addition there are no midichlorians to rely on to access these powers although for the prescience and genetic memory the spice melange is necessary.

Then comes the danger of the Bene Gesserit taking their breeding program in to the SW universe so that they may raise midichlorian drenched younglings and then have Bene Gesserit trained force users

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.