Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

Lazers are inaccurate and short ranged. Phasers never miss and torpedos are long ranged. If the needed to they could use artillery. And if they even tried to get closer, they could just maneuver out of range

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Humans aren't exactly foreign to the Empire, and the Empire is human dominated. I doubt they would take kindly to the Kilngons or any other race other then humans. Even the Borg would be destroyed as soon as they entered system, both becuase their ships would not match any known designs, and because of the transmission that would follow very shortly after (Stupid Borg. When will they learn that announcing your plan to the enemy is the stupidest thing you can do. And their supposed to be adapting. How come the haven't adapted to getting their asses kicked at the beginning of every battle?).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Um, we know that they can bombard a ship in the Inner Planets Area from outside a Solar System. That doesn't sound short-ranged. Also, we've already agreed that SW weapons are plasma based. Also, if their inaccurate, then how come they can hit said target?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

Then how come lazers never seem to hit fighters?Stormtroopers obviously have a bad aim.that means they wouldnt hit many ships like the scout class,defiant and many more because of thier speed and manueverability.And what about transphasic torpedos? if the Eclipse is as powerful as you claim,then it still shouldnt take on many of those.

8. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

It is strange how the borg excpect you to comply, but they do have a lot of firepower not wisdom though.They only send 1 cube at a time when they have millions more. If they sent more, Earth would probobly be assimalated along with thousands of other planets.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

1: You doubt, so the empire destroys anything they find?

2: Sadly enough, that is true, the Borg don't do well at their long-range encounters with the Federation, however, mass-assimilations of other planets (VOY: 'Dark Frontier' Part II) closer to their space, is quite devestating.

10. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

No. You need matter to resequence into more matter through replicators.
    Yeah. that sucks.
    My food is from the toilet... wtf??

11. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

I doubt the bombardment is precise. Hitting a target is easy.
    Voyager can hit a target 100,000 km away when Voyager and the target is at max warp. (9.975+)

12. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Eh. whatever. The scenario is Empire invades Milky Way.
    The Borg have hundreds of cubes/assimilated planet.
    And. 29th/30th century Federation ships are on our side too...
    The Federation obviously survived into the 30th century. And if the Empire invades, it would be a temporal incursion... earning the full help of the future-federation.

Unlike the SW universe, there is a Time Police in the ST universe.
    IF ST would lose the battle by itself, the future Federation would help.
    IF ST would win the battle by itself, the future Federation wouldnt help.
    Thus: ST wins the battle anyway. The forces of 3 centuries...

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I completely forgot about that - this was mentioned in Voyager right? With the USS Incursion?

Even a Suncrusher would be owned by the ravaging effects of a Temporal Wave... NOTHING would survive having half it's ship removed from reality.

14. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Muhhahahahahahah, you can't defy the USS Reletivity NCV-5134... god I forget it's registry, though I still like the Excelsior-II class the best!

Mah dream ship:

Class: Excelsior-II

Name: U.S.S. Enterprise

Registry: NCC-1701-B

Weaponry:

2 forward firing Quantum torpedo launchers (1 per tube)

2 forward firing Photon torpedo launchers (2 per tube)

2 aft firing Photon torpedo launchers (1 per tube)

12 Fixed phaser banks (5 on top of dish, 5 on bottem of dish, 1 on top of engineering hull, 1 on bottem of engineering hull,)

Defenses:

Similar state-of-the-art sheilding effects, as Soverign, exept not as glamerous

Technolgy:

bio-gel packs, anti-cloak equipment, transwarp drive

xctd

, yeah the works

even though that was completely random, anybody elses dream ships?

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

NCC-1701-E
    USS Enterprise
    Sovereign Adv. Class Heavy Battlecruiser

1x Forward Rapid Fire Q-Torp Turret housing dual tubes
    4x Forward Burst Fire Photon Torp launcers, 3 tubes each - two above and two below the nav. Deflector
    4x Rear Burst Fire Photon Torp Launchers, 3 tubes each - two above secondary shuttle bay, two below primary shuttle bay

18 Phaser arrays, type... 14 I think it is (high power, rapid refire rate). Quad strips along the front top of the saucer, Quad strips along the front bottom of the saucer. Dual strips above the main hanger bay.
    Dual strips across the ventral section along the rear engineering section and another across the ventral section across the front of the engineering section. Dual arrays along both of the warp nacelle pylons. (all arrays are 250 emitters, with the forward quad arrays being made up of 400 emitters per array)

Bio-Neural gel packs with four type XX Biometronic (sp?) Primary Computer cores, Quantum-slipstream drive (ala the Incursion and Premonition classes), Auto-Modulating Regenerative primary and secondary shielding, reinforced SIF, and ablative armor generators.

Variable Geometry warp nacelles (ala Voyager) and a top speed of warp 9.9975 for 48 hours. Maximum cruise speed of warp 9.995 with standard warp. Quantum-Slipstream allows for a theoretical maximum warp (theoretical because it isn't truely warp, but anyway) factor of warp 18.

Oh, and a flame pinstripe

16. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Dream starship you say...

Enterprise-D (and the Galaxy Class line) are still the sexiest starships ever produced by Starfleet. It's tactical flaws notwithstanding (which were upgraded during DS9 and Voyager I imagine), but I'm only going with looks here

Second choice for me would be a Romulan D'Kazanak Warbird, the non-canon upgrade to the familiar D'Deridex Warbird. Twice as long, new tachyon resistant cloak, with the (rumoured) ability to fire while cloaked.

17. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Wrong. I think this was argued early in this very cumbersome thread. Or maybe I'm mistaken. Anyways, a warp field (hence a ship in a warp field) is undetectable by any race that has not developed it - Trek universe ships can detect a warp signature not some generic energy signature.

Similarly, a ship in hyperspace is undetectable by a race that hasn't developed it (right up to the last second or two that it emerges from hyperspace). It was stated as well that Warp and Hyperdrive are completely incompatible and incomparable.

Further, energy weapons are way too "slow" to fire at a ship at warp OR hyperspace (FTL, right?); they'd be ineffectual...this includes everything from blasters to the full death ray. As well, projectile weapons would have to be in the same or higher warp factor to be able to catch up (duh) - which Wars cannot do since they never developed Warp, or the Starfleet vessel would have to be dumb enough to collide with a super slow projectile - not going to happen...

18. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

You're also forgetting the capability of the future Starfleet to send an agent back in time, and out of sync with the flow of time. You're also forgetting the temporal bomb, also set out of sync with real-time. If I recall the episode correctly, it was the act of attempting to destroy Voyager was the crime, not the weapon itself, it was never stated as being illegal. We can therefore surmise that weapons with temporal displacement generators are a norm.

It would be a cinch for some temporal fleet officers to plant these bombs in Empire ships and let Janeway-time Starfleeters watch the fireworks.

19. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Oh yes and class: Anti-Cloak cruiser

(I've always thought of the soverign as the federations battleship.)

20. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

:bravo: Very good taste!

(doesn't transwarp basically look like the slipstream drive only green? I've seen the effects for both, I think)

21. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Super star destroyer

Hot damn!

22. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

And none of that is capable of hitting a ST ship at 50% impulse.
    ST ships... even the large ones... move way too fast.

23. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

wouldnt that be what a tractor beam/and or interdictor crusier would be for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.