Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

No idea what Dovil Basins are, but clearly any ST ship is more maneuverable than any SW ship...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

The creators of the Death Star are not shown. Just gunners, etc. Same with any engineer who MADE any SW ship. Thus, you cant make more.
    MANY ST Engineers have been shown... They can all build ships...
    Plus, the Utopia Planetia shipyards are SHOWN in the show. The Kuat Shipyards are NOT shown in your movies...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That is a good point Fool- thus Scott will simply ignore it.

Dovil Basins are the micro-black-hole generators the Vong use to absorb incoming weapons fire.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Canon in sw isnt just movies how many times do we need to say it?
    Did you ever study up on SW before you got into this thread?
    Or have you just not seen AOTC the Geonosians created the planes for the DS so they are the creators and BOOKS count as canon in sw

8. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

In books they have talked many times about creating ships on Dac and Kuat

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They have talked about it, but it was never shown.

According to Scott, if it hasn't been shown, it isn't real.

We need a SET of RULES to follow for this. it is a ficticious argument on ficticious subjects. Without rules, there is no telling how out of whack this argument can get... and Scott has been bending all the rules to his favor.

Let's make a set we can agree on okay?

10. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

I'm not going to give up on Sw in my mind it wins in your minds ST wins thats why this is a dumb thing to debate about it would never happen.

11. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Do you understand were i'm coming from on this?

12. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

I have no idea what scotts saying if its in the books and dosnt interfear with the movies its canon

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Here's one Wars cannot claim:

Star Trek: TNG. The USS Enterprise D once "gave birth" to a lifeform using nodes around the ship to take control. Using veriton particles the ship managed to complete the task of "birthing" a life form that, once it took life, emerged into space.

14. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Ok but what does that have to do with this?

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well, apparently our starships can give birth

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just saw the episode, thought it was kind of funny XD

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Don't be stupid. Humans built the Death Star, and designed it by the way. The genosians commisioned the plans from supergenius. Just like humans (and other species) built ST ships.

What i was saying is you NEVER see the race that built the Dyson sphere, real good indication they are extinct.

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

No, according to Scott it is possible to have a device in your universe you cannot use or duplicate, becuase the creators of said device are not around to show you how to use it or build another one.

Yes ST has the Dyson sphere, but since the race that created it is obviously gone, you cannot control it. You certainly cannot build another.

Also the genesis device would be far too useful for the feds to place under lock and key. If they had it or could build more they would be used.

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

wait a minute ..... phasers are slower than light ? didn't know that.
    So a lazer is faster than a phaser ?

Torpedo's aren't faster than light. as i see it (but who am i) when you go in warp it's space that's moving not you. so offcourse a torpedo can be fire in warp. but i must admit it's pretty neet that a torpedo can create its own warpbubble. I presume it does because if it where to leave your ship's bubble it would be compressed. I think there's a bit of mistake or something they are over seeing.

Maybe you can clear this out. If in warp your are moving space around you. shouldn't you be able to fire phasers too?
    I'm not understanding this warp thing. the more info i get the more problem i'm having with it. This has nothing to do with ST vs SW. There a a lot of things in SW that razeses eyebrows.

Like for instance why the hell would they clone humanoids is there are thousands of species who seems much stronger?

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Prove they are gone... just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean they are gone.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

LaserBlasters are slower than light in Star Wars- this is shown by the fact you can dodge them and they have a noticible travel time.

If you fire phasers at warp, they will impact your own ship as soon as they left the emitter. Phasers have no physical mass, thus cannot be accelerated by the ships own momentum. That and they are PHASED thus not entirely in this dimension.

Also, Torpedo's are accelerated by the speed of the ship AND the speed of the launch. They also have their own propulsion (a micro warp drive) and the ability to sustain their own warp field, thus avoiding the collision effects of the space/subspace/warpspace boundaries.

Phasers can be fired in warp (they have once or twice) but at grave risk of failure so it is generally not used.

Humanoids may not be the strongest in the galaxy, but they have a little of everything making them very versitile. Tactics come natually to humans and the use of force is, while undesirable, understandable. Their rapid ability to learn helps as well.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

A good example of human superiority is the borg- they have assimilated countless species far more powerful than our own, yet we have held our own by our diplomatic allies and our ability to adapt and overcome.

22. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

That's sci-fi for ya, ever seen a show or movies where the humans lost ?
    So are we the real Gods? lmaf

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I don't have to prove they are gone. You have to prove they are still around. The Dyson sphere was abandoned so obviously something happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.