Ultimate Martial Artists - Jet Li VS Bruce Lee VS Jackie Chan

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Feb 24, 2007.

?

The Best Is

Poll closed Mar 26, 2007.
  1. Jackie Chan

3.6%
  2. Bruce Lee

71.4%
  3. Jet Li

10.7%
  4. Other; Comment

14.3%
  1. Free_Matt_417 The CIA took my baby away Registered Senior Member

Bruce Lee actually got into fights on the street when people challenged him. He was a real fighter.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fLuX Registered Senior Member

Not likely, Bruce Lee's style isn't based on rules, MMA fighters assimilate boundaries in their fighting styles. Furthmore, not all MMA fighters are anti-strikers. Someone would have to first get Lee to the ground in order to perform any kind of grappling technique, and keep in mind that Brazilian Jui Jutsu is still a system based on rules.(And in a street fight ground grappling is easy to avoid and escape)

Are you saying you would take Ken Shamrock in his prime over Bruce Lee?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Facial Valued Senior Member

Jet Li and Bruce Lee are tough, but Jackie Chan uses his surroundings. For that reason he gets my vote.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fLuX Registered Senior Member

Yes. Chan's stunt work is awesome.

8. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Sprawl and brawl doesn't work very good?

9. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Mr Jaa > all of them

Ong bak anyone?

10. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Man... a lot of funny people in this thread.

11. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

first of all, bruce lee is basically a MMA fighter. he intentionally learns many parts of other styles, so he would not do poorly against any martial art. however, Fador would beat him. I am not saying it would be effortless, but Fador is the best.

Ken Shamrock? are you serious? that guy has less talent that Fadors left testicle.

12. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Yeah. But they all have to want to fight each other somehow.
    I've seen Bruce Lee's biography, and I'm aware of the street battles he fought when he was younger, and the trouble he got into for bringing martial art schools to America. Of the three, he has the most quantifiable examples of combat ability.
    Unfortunately, the battle being fought is actually between three relatively wealthy & successful Hong Kong/Hollywood actors (as opposed to three trained conditioned fighters, soldiers, or even three schmucks that just enjoy fighting). They would do their battles in a court room.

13. fLuX Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't consider Bruce Lee just an MMA fighter. Modern day MMA is a combat sport that contains elements of different art forms to make a well rounded style. Bruce Lee trained in different styles most of his life and then created his own. He and what he has created is a symbol of adaptation, as to where MMA lacks the complexity and philosophy of a real martial art.

I don't think Fador could have taken Lee, but that's just my opinion. Lee's skill and experience speaks for itself. This guy has been coined the father of mixed martial arts. Jeet Kune Do paved the way for it. Lee's diet, his physical training, his knowledge in fighting techniques? Fador has a experience in sombo, mma, kickboxing, and mhuy thai, with some bjj maybe. I just can't see how he even compares to Lee.

I wouldn't even go as far as saying Fador is the best, either. If you think about it, there are countless martial artists all over the world, and many of the incredibly talented ones choose not to compete in things like UFC or Pride fighting. Besides, if you learn to master a martial art, it kind of defeats the purpose to enter a competition if half of what you have learned you are not permitted to do.

14. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I think Bruce Lee would win, mostly because he worked out and had just incredible strength. His weight-lifting routines were legendary, and his methods brilliant. You can't possibly expect anyone to match his strength no matter who they are, he worked out non-stop, invented routines for himself, had custom equipment designed, and developed martial arts methods all his own.

Certainly Jackie Chan would be a likely canidate to compete against him, Jackie has also been a stunt man since he was younger. If anything the experience of both these men would've made them ideal canidates to fight one another. It's also possible Jackie Chan could win, considering some of the accidents he's survived.

So I'd have to say Bruce Lee would kick all their asses + anyone else mentioned here. Although Jackie Chan would possibly have a chance... Jet Li, he's artistic, but I don't think he'd stand a chance.

15. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

bruce lee is talented, and if we were talking about sparring, I would say Lee all the way. however, a real fight takes power, reach, and speed.

bruce lee:
    Height: 5 feet, 7.5 inches.
    Weight: 140 lbs

Fedor:
    6'0 (183cm)
    233lbs (106kg)

bruce lee would be faster, but its hard to fight at a height and weight disadvantage. I suck at martial arts, I have like 5 belts total and I have spared and beat (easily) a state champ blackbelt because I have a huge reach advantage.

also, just look at this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MProLEExfCE
    about 2mins in. what could lee do that would beat that? he gets dropped on his head (I have seen fighters get their neck broke from less) and he still won the fight. bruce lee is great and all, but I don't see the MUCH lighter Lee bing able to do anything to Fedor.

more fedor:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4609381522811996320&q=fedor emelianko&hl=en
    show me anything from Lee that can rival that. only in the movies =]

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Cato:

What would the rules be?

No holds barred? Fedor might have some trouble. More MMA? He would had the advantage from experience.

17. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

hmm, good question. the rules would certainly make a difference. I guess we could say no holds barred, but no weapons. I still believe Fedor would win. I just haven't seen anything from bruce lee other than speed, and I don't think speed could beat fedor.

18. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Cato:

Here's an example of his power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcD4ojJS-As&NR

I have also seen his thrust kick for real, but sadly not on that video and "Heroes" is on right now.

I'll check later maybe, but Bruce Lee was, for all his Hollywood/Hong Kong career, a legit bad ass.

19. fLuX Registered Senior Member

If you train in martial arts, then you know that reach,speed, and strength are important, but nothing compares to how important technique is. Finess with technique is what allows people who are against the odds to win. "Bigger is better" doesn't apply to a martial artist who really knows what he's doing.

I've never seen this Fedor person before you gave me the link, so yes I'm impressed by his skill. However, he looks like he might be a bit too much of a power house, I didn't really see any true refined movement in his techniques. Of course being that I don't know much about him, I'm probably not seeing his best.

So my money is still on Bruce. I think he's more talented, and more capable. But it just comes down to a difference of opinion.

What martial art do you study?

20. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Umm.... Fedor looks as if he uses American martial arts, by that I mean he is trained but not to the extend Bruce Lee was. Infact it would be my guess that Bruce would completely annihlate Fedor in a matter of seconds, however that's based on the ring fighting, who knows what Fedor is actually capable of outside this...

21. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

fLux:

I would not claim that Fedor is at all lacking in technique. Fedor is a world champion competitor in PRIDE fighting and Sambo, who has never lost a mixed-martial arts (PRIDE as opposed to Sambo - I don't know his Sambo record) match in his career by knock out, submission, or decision.

Also, what do you mean by technique exactly? For surely, though a punch may not be in perfect form, if you're strong enough you're going to knock the other guy out, no?

22. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

darksidZz:

Why do you think Bruce Lee could "annihilate" Fedor?

Also, he uses Russian martial arts. Sambo. Mixed in with cross training, I believe, in Muay Thai kick boxing. He is not a primarily East Asian martial artist, no.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

You can't have been in (m)any streetfights. Being on the ground is the most dangerous place to be in streetfight, because it's where you win or lose.

I've been in a few streetfights, I have always taken my opponent to ground, and always won. People who are armlocked and being chain punched in the back of the neck tend to get a bit apologetic, I find.

Anyway, find a copy of this book, and read it;

http://www.newbreedbooks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8

I've seen this guy fight, he knows what he's talking about.