Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I just thought it was funny that he'd use a trading card game as proof.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

Yet all of them would still lose to the oldest TARDIS in history. The Daleks RAPE Star Trek in every way, shape, and form. You're crazy to assume that the shitty Federation weapons tens of thousands of times weaker than Halo ships would "barely win", seems like you have Trek Fanboy Disorder.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Haha. I love it. You actually think Halo could beat Star Trek? If BSG could take Halo, i'm sure that Star Trek could.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

I loled. You clearly don't know shit about canon. One: ICS IS CANON. Two. I NEVER FUCKING SAID CARDS. But guess what? Idiots like Scott Anderson assume T Canon is closer to G Canon than C Canon WHEN IT'S NOT REMOTELY SIMILAR.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

Fanboy! 24 megatons <<<<<<< 10 teratons. But Trektards, "NO OUR WEAPONS ARE XELEE LEVEL LOLOLOLOLOL". I bet the Borg would lose to the UNSC.

9. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Personal attacks are a sign of defeat in a formal debate....

If you were truly winning then why would you resort to something so low?

10. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Shows what you know, i'm a Wars fan. So where do you get off calling me a Trek fan?

11. ricrery Banned Banned

Name ONCE I brought up cards, oh, I didn't? Exactly. ICS states 200 gigaton turbos, 66 petaton Banking Clan Turbo outputs, and terajoule TIE Fighters, all of this is high C canon. Wow, I just... WON.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

In formal debate competitions, it will cost you a lot of points. Someone in my class learned it the hard way.

13. ricrery Banned Banned

ANY smart person could figure out that Halo pumps out WAAAAY more than high end Star Trek. Hell, the Cardassian Dreadnought only did 42 gigatons, and the Covenant Torpedoes do 200 gigatons, and these are standard weapons on Heavy Cruisers. NO WAY IS STAR TREK IS WINNING. Well, add in Flood and the Borg get assimilated... and then... why did Halo start fighting, Florg could do fine on its own.

14. ricrery Banned Banned

You still haven't proven how the Eclipse beats a Battlebarge

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

Because fans tend to embody the ideals and habits of the franchise they belong to. While it is not always the case, SW fans tend to be more aggressive and dirty while ST fans like to be logical and respectful of others.

16. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Then the proper thing to do would politely say you didn't. And in a debate that's gone on for years, nobody just wins. This will go on forever.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

IDIOT ALERT! I never said the Feds were more POWERFUL than the Daleks - just better

Reading Comprehension - Look it up, Study it, Learn it. Then come back to the debate.

As for the Neutronium thing:

It's matter from a star that only just barely missed becoming a black hole... the density of such matter is so great that, at the atomic level, movement literally ceases. By the laws of physics, if the atomic structure of something is 100% rigid (a technical impossibility for all reasonable examples, but none the less) it cannot conduct any amount of energy, be it thermal, electrical, magnetic, or otherwise.

Thus, Neutronium would be impervious to ANY level of weapon due to it's very nature. As the Doomsday Device had a SOLID NEUTRONIUM HULL (as stated on screen in the episode), it is impervious to any and all forms of weapons.

18. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

Another bad debate tactic: attempting to change the subject when cornered.

19. ricrery Banned Banned

Lol. Lol. LOL. Scott Fucking Anderson comes to mind. Now we'll use him, a mindless moron who insults when he's proven wrong. So now, EVERY TREKKER IS AN IDIOT WHO CAN'T DEBATE FOR SHIT. See what I did there? I actually gave PROOF, and I can say that is the truth because you made a blind statement.

20. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

my theory a few pages back stated this......
    why do incredibly long debates love repitition?

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

What is a battlebarge?

22. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

and your response thus proves the claim you criticize.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You realize a single terajoule is absolutely nothing, right? Hiroshima was 60 Terajoules... lawl.

So, if TIE Fighters are 1 TJ, that means the shields on Wars capital ships are susceptible to firepower lower than modern nuclear devices... why?

TIE's are a credible threat to X-Wings and Y-Wings and easily down their shields.
    Y-Wings have weapons far in excess of their own shields ability to withstand, but assuming their weapons are even 25x their own shields ability to absorb, that means their weapons are no more than 25 TJ.

Thus, SW Capital Ships are vulnerable to weapons LESS than a modern nuke, as Y-Wings are used to attack capital ships...

FAIL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.