Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

cool...lol I guess my wrong turned out to be true lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

yeah it's stupid....they gave some excuse about the show not having enough viewers... They had the same excuse for Terminator: TSCC. God damn bastards.
    I liked the film. But it pisses me off that it had to be an alternate reality schtick. They could have done a film while keeping it within continuity. I mean the Vulcan homeworld was never destroyed!! Spocks mother never died in that manner. etc :shrug:
    If anything they should do a film with either Voyager or DS9 (the series finally was great but it left question marks

) It would be awsome to see Voyager kick ass again with all that alien technology on board

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Or quite possibly, we'll have a lot less.

SW stuff intrigued me once upon a time, but that stuff is so raggedy and poorly designed, and by that, I mean, they build the necessities, and pile on more necessities, and pile on some more, giving it that random useless cubical box network look and they can make diagrams and point to anything and say its a magic induction field coil assembly blaster matrix thingy...

And when you consider that all their best technology is war-based super strong, super duper powerful, invented to whip the living crap out of everything else so its hardly even a fight... Its really not impressive.

I can hardly believe they'd insult anyone's intelligence with the whole 'Dark side VS. bullcrap when they can (supposedly) overpower anything in any galaxy. And see if they're so unlikely to find a match in battle, they resort to flaky ass plot crap like 'LORD VADER' going soft and throwing his master over a rail... omg. Then again, he was a dumbass to go up against Obi Wan in the first place, lil crybaby ass bitch. I lost all respect for the SW series for writing like that. I mean, Obi Wan gave him every chance to postpone the fight and backstab him later. LOL. Idiot still tried a hail mary attack that SHOULD have finished him with a death-by-lava experience, but somehow the flaky writing comes in to save him..
    lame

8. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

yeah if they didn't pile on stuff like maybe I'd feel the good about it too. The designs make me feel like I'm looking at a warped version of the Firefly universe.

And it's time like those when my heart is just begging to see the Dominion battles again just to get a little dose of reality :wallbang:

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I love the Republic Commando series, originally I thought the clones were happy with their career, followed every single order and were treated well in Kamino. I latter found out that a lot of them weren't happy with their career, didn't follow every order by the word and were abused back in Kamino. In the animated series, the clones call Kamino home, but the Republic Commandos considered Mandalore to be home, and hated Kamino, even though they grew up at Kamino and never been to Mandalore. Anyways, I also want to see epic battles, that's why I was not into most of Star Trek.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Personally, I think Star Wars equipment and ships are a lot cooler then its Star Trek counterparts. Also Star Wars is more popular and have a bigger fanbase then Star Trek.

11. George1 Registered Senior Member

i don't know how much star wars you saw,but it doesn't have only war base
    tech.It also has medicine (bacta),communication(live communication across the galaxy)transport (speeders and air speeders) and entertainment!

you just paid attention only to the war tech.
    any advance civilization will need and will have advance war technology.
    it would be the nature of sentience to have them; to fell safe.

and you really are just ignorant to the fact that SW has an epic plot,epic EVERYTHING!

12. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Wars has a better storyline. Trek gets reppetitive.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Which explains why Star Wars have a huge fanbase.

14. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

If you're going to argue a point, argue the correct point. I said "their best technology".

...and nobody's opinion of how 'epic' the stories are matters because its just opinion, like my opinion that the war technology is their best. But it's called 'Star Wars' and stories about war do not appeal except to those who like destruction. I prefer stories that make you question your own morals and beliefs... That helps humanity learn and grow. War stories just show the same dumbass good vs evil crap they put in way too many stories already.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

In the Star Wars universe, people actually have a life, unlike that of the Star Trek universe.

16. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

what life would that be? At least Star Trek makes you think, and leaves you with significant questions.
    As far as quality is concerned, there is a reason nobody thought doing a Star Wars television series was worth it. Because it would be boring! :bugeye:

17. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

exactly. Star Wars always hands you simple dumb ass answers. Which makes it boring. I'd rather watch something that stimulated my brain, not make me drool like a labotomized idiot, which is how you feel after watching 10 min of Star Wars. :yawn:

18. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

what story line?! all the films (the comics etc, dont' count as part of continuity) contain ONE STORY. Battle between Jedi and Sith. The script NEVER ASKS ANY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS! It's all handed to you. Like being in a prison cell and being fed the same food OVER AND OVER again.

uke:

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

In Star Wars, they people actually have a personal life, unlike the people *cough*drones*cough* in Star Trek.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The books count as part of the Star Wars universe. Read the books then make judgments.

21. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

What you see is what you WANT to see. Your biased view of the so-called 'ST drones' is as such because you're blinded to anything you chose not to see. There are many episodes that show exactly what personal life experiences determine why they have specific morals and make certain decisions.

Just because you don't know much about the Star Trek characters doesn't mean there isn't much to know.

I think I'll read some ST books instead. I'll let you 'war whores' deal with reading the SW stuff. I mean, if the movie dialog is an insult to my intellect, why would I indulge in suffering through more?

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

I have read the books. And the dialogues make me want to bang my head against the wall. :wallbang: Story lines are basically same 'quality' as the films :bawl:

23. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

what personal life?! The go about their so-called "personal life" as if they have been programed with basic behavioral commands gimme a god damn break. There's more charcter development and interpersonal content in Star Trek than you can shake a stick at :bugeye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.