Man Beheads Wife in 'Honor' Killing

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by jessiej920, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Yes. Ski masks and machetes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and make sure you also bring your metaphorical 'earplugs' for when the stereotypical ranting gets too obnoxious.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Jessie's right. This thread is way off track.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whats this? What track? An OP based on media speculation? But we're not discussing why the media has an inordinate interest in Muslims and connects everything to their religion are we? No, we're discussing whether media speculation is a basis for excusing crime by Muslims who have not even said or done what the media has speculated, forget about being excused for it.

Just look at the objective and concerned jessiej920's questions:

Based on her linked articles:

One:

Two:

What connection do you see between her questions and the articles linked?

And just for kicks, copernicus addressed this early on the debate and was ignored by the oh-so-concerned jessiej920

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not the same definition of a better life, apparently. The Jannisars for greater political power or better pay, the gladiators against being used for sport.

Maybe in the western world.
    Not at all. Torture for the sake of torture is a common theme in European treatment of all those different in them.

Stuff like this:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=RJMeZimRwn0C&pg=PA97&dq=mary turner straw dogs

Its why stuff like kicking around heads in Iraq, beating to death in Gitmo, collecting skulls in Japan, ears in Vietnam etc appears to be so passionate an enterprise even now.

They were also Muslims, but were poor. Its a class issue, like Americans preferring illegal immigrants for mowing lawns and picking up garbage. Most of the Zanj were Arab descendents of Bantus, though historians have said that the Zanj rebellion did not involve only the Zanj people but slaves across the Muslim empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanj_Rebellion

???

You forget the treatment of Jews, the treatment of South Americans, the Inuit, the native Americans, the native Australians, the Tasmanians, the Africans, the South Africans, the Indians, the Chinese, the Indonesians, etc. They were all used as slaves/forced servitude/indentured labour whatever you want to call it. They were also all prisoners of war or occupation.

Thats why its called assimilation.

Iraq for example, where the Zanj rebellion occured:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...id=29441&md5=6338fc26f3700977951bda5b639883ca

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  8. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

*earplugs in*

SAM, you win. You not only have brought the machetes and ski masks, but the obnoxious ranting too. Congrats, you have sucessfully hijacked my thread! Cheers! Beers all around.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

muslims, or any other culture, isn't guilty of this are they sam?

10. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Actually SAM, the oh-so-concerned Jessie DID address his repsonse in post #58. Once again, you only see what you want to.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think only the Mongols and Tartars were worse.

According to historians, the atrocities of the Mongols transcended into the souls of their victims for generations.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Religions are a cancer to be cured someday. Currently the methods available are brutal, and increasingly tempting.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what? You're not gonna yell at anyone in this thread for hi-jacking? Or do you save that spiel for me?

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Begone Whelp, before I treat you like a Muslim.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

<silently running fast and furiously to safety>

16. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Careful now. SAM might think you're being racist...or wait...are you?

17. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

PLEASE! Someone hi-jack this thread in another direction before I cut my own head off.

18. scott3x Banned Banned

I will admit that at first, I laughed hard here. But after the merriment, I had to get down to business. I suppose I could classify myself as a pantheist; some definitions of the term fit at any rate, and I'm not so keen on those brutal methods being applied to me

I think we could probably agree that one of the banes of many religions are their intolerances towards other religions and intolerances towards differing styles of life in general; the idea that one should be killed for abandoning islam is perhaps the worst example I've ever heard of. I believe someone mentioned (GeoffP perhaps) that S.A.M. doesn't consider that to be part of islam and if so, I'm glad that -S.A.M.'s- version of islam doesn't include that clause, but I remember hearing in the news how, if it weren't for the fact that there were those dastardly westerners in Afghanistan that managed to stop it, they were going to do an execution there for precisely this reason.

Yes, westerners have certainly killed their fair share there and anyone who knows me knows that I think that 9/11 was an inside job and therefore there's little justification for westerners to be there to begin with, but this -doesn't- mean that westerners are the spawn of Satan; and frankly, even many american conspiracy theorists who firmly believe that high level government officials -were- responsible for 9/11, I don't think they've been leaving the country in droves.

I also highly doubt you could persuade me to relocate to, say, Saudi Arabia, where my sister once lived (my mother told me she hated it), even if I -did- live in the U.S. as I have in the past (I was born and have lived most of my life in its northern neighbour).

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ironic

So lets see, who exactly espoused the belief you declared?

Don't see anyone who believes it should be excused. Do you?

Note how the president of the states National Organisation for Women and a New York matrimonial attorney are conveniently unnamed.

Lets look up the NOW President.

Oh look!

Now lets search for this same woman on the topic of the a man cooking and eating his girlfriend last month in Texas

http://news.google.com/news?q=Marci...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

Or the 19 year old American who barbequed his girlfriend last year?

http://news.google.com/news?q=Marci...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

And the US war veteran who dismembered and cooked his girlfriend in New Orleans

Well clearly, Ms Pappas needs to address her own "deafening silence"

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Ummm, I heard he cut her head off with a Black & Decker saw. Do you think it was gas run or electric? What do you think the horsepower had to be?

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Japan borrowed money, Japan built a nation, Japan paid back their debts, Japan now lends money.

So, according to SAM's Islamic Slavery analogy, when they borrowed money, at that time, the entire Japanese nation were all a bunch of Slaves (just like the Slave in SAMs Islam analogy), then the Japanese built their nation. Just like SAMs Slave improved himself. Then the Japanese paid back their debts (just like the Slave in SAM's Islam Analogy) and now Japanese are a lenders (or in SAMs analogy they are like the Slave-turned-Imam who leads the army's, conquerors other people and turns them into his Slaves that he owns).

As for the other nations who can not (or do not or are not capable of) paying back their debts. Well, they also fit into SAMs analogy. They are the millions and millions (over whelming vast majority) of slaves that didn't make it to become the Imam and lead the Holy Armys of Islam and capture their own Slaves - instead they remained trapped as Slaves for their entire lives until one day they died an Islamic Slave.

So, it's really all the same - according to SAM anyway.

Except this bit. Relatively speaking, people living in free secular democracys have 1,000,000,000 Xs more opportunity to elevate themselves out of their position. In the Islamic system (as in all superstitions systems) the rulers are in place to KEEP people in slavery. They make damn well sure that only 0.01% of the very best and brightest MIGHT MAYBE rise up in the ranks. But for the vast majority they will remain slaves of one form or another.

THAT'S the difference.

Just look at KSA or Iran ...

Then look at CHina, North Korea, Vietnam ...

Then look at Japan, France, South Korea, Hong Kong, USA, Canada, Taiwan...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who wants to be a dying society?

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

by dying, do you mean zombies? I heard you can kill a zombie by chopping off its head. hmmmmmm, I wonder.....