Updates

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, May 29, 2008.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Kicked out - sorta

I got home from my Target job and my sister was there waiting. She had tried to email me but I hid mine from her because of these very strange e-mails I'd recieved previously from her. This time she was saying she tried to send me a new message and I asked "well what was in it?" She said "just give me your email" and I told her no. She then said fine she'll print it instead. So I was like "oh great this can't be good." This thing (which I still have and will scan whenever I get where I'm going) was 1 full page no double spacing, all about how she feels she's enabling me by not asking more of me, and how I need therapy and if I stayed the conditions are I get into therapy by June, pay minimum $50 a month for a couch ($300 if I have it) bla bla. So I was like "why would you write this?" She said "because it's true" LOL

Anyways I left and came to see a friend 7 hours away, leaving the Target job I'd just gotten behind! I am scheduled Saturday and thought about returning there to sleep in my car and try living that way. I called my sister back to try working this out and she was saying how "I feel like I'm your mother and you're 16" and "your attitude needs to change" and how I never talk to her except about our cats. So I replied to her saying "I asked you what the letter said you wouldn't answer" she was like "no I mean before that" and I said "yea well I didn't wanna piss you off" and she basically went on about how I don't talk to her about anything serious.

So then I began asking about therapy and she said "you're so negative" and I was like trying to find out what she wants since I already was in it 3 years before. She said "you're whole attitude" and I'm like "what?" and she began saying how I didn't get a job until the unemployment ran out and so I told her "that was just luck, great luck" and she told me "no Sam that's what I'm talking about that attitude" and I'm like "I tried finding a job" she went into this long nonsense about how no I didn't, etc. and I told her about the hours at Target and my concerns they wouldn't be enough, she said it sounded like I was going to quit LOL I was like "but I was talking to you just letting you know about it" but she don't wanna hear it.

She kept saying she wants me to take responsibility and crap, I'm like thinking what is she saying lol I lived with the idiot before for 3 years and she never whined like this, then she starts saying how my attitude is negative bla bla

She said "I'm not going to keep doing this with you, this cycle" LOL I was laughing so hard I'm like "uh huh".

I came to my friends place 7 hours from Los Angeles, if I want to keep the Target job I gotta go back in 3 hours, what you guys think? Sleep in car? or back to parents :S

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Coffee and sudafed. Back to work. Suck it up, hoss.
    Why was she not asking rent from you all along anyway? I would have been...and if you hit a bad patch, I would have made it very clear the clock was ticking on letting you slide.

Therapy would be good for you. Maybe antidepressants if not already on them.

While at sis's try to save as much as you can, so you can move into a place with roomies.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How far are you from Vegas?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

spider I'm in Los Angeles, that is if I go back, right now I'm in Benicia.

I have like 2 hours to decide, it's actually pretty simple. I moved here Mar 2008, found a job Apr. She told me pay $300 so I did, I had a car payment my dad intimidated me into buying that was $289 + $189 insurance. So I was limited on what I could pay her. Then I was asked to pay $500 a month which was fine but she made it sound really angry and upset when asking which kinda made me confused. I paid that until Sept 2009 when I got fired, then unemployment kicked in a month later and I paid $300 again but this time she was different. Then as time went on I got issues and paid $100-$200 but mostly 2010 was $300. Anyways I was unemployed for long time then recently found a job, few weeks later she pulled this. She said no excuses anymore I was like "uh huh" anyways I'm really thinking it's time to get away from thsi family, but living in Los Angeles alone outta my car? What you think?

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Dude!

Do not lose your job!

Whatever else you do!

Forget about your sister drama bs! the job market is for suck! do not blow off the job!

Go to a truckstop, buy these black and yellow pills they sell at the counter (slang term, yellowjackets) and start driving back to LA.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

So if I don't blow off this job and leave tonite, I get there and effectively am living outta the car and working to pay it. My dad claimed he found a job for me but yea I wanna live here in the city idk. Either way I make 8.25 an hour at this job and get like 24-32 hours a week cuz of open availability. car is $289 month + $189 insurance

I also gotta renew the vehicle registration soon, anyhow yea :S

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Your sis hasn't thrown you out, you just have to pay rent. You should have been paying some rent all along-LA isn't cheap.
    Or you can sleep in the car if you'd rather. Truckstops have free showers with fill-up.

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Well it wasn't just rent she wants, I could'a managed some working at Target, she said something has to change and I have to take responsibility and that my attitude is the problem LOL I was like yea rite, she said I'm always negative uh no she just picks and chooses what to complain about

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Drama.
    What really matters is that not showing up for your job means that you're out of work, you're homeless, AND you have a record of just mysteriously not showing up for work -it's been about a month, right?

On job apps they ask you about your work history for at least the past 5 years. That's how long this impulsive decision's going to follow you around.

Do you want to live with that because your sis is getting on your case? Because she's got you pissed ATM, you'll be dealing with this for the next few years?

I mean, you could go buy a tent and live in a campground too, or the YMCA. Or maybe a coworker would let you surf their couch until you can find a roommate?

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yea true, if I go back and live outta car it'll be soon will let u know guys

14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Sorry to double-post here.
    I...get the impression depression kicks my butt harder than it does yours? But then we've not talked about it. I may be mistaken.

For me my job is sort of my sanity lifeline at my worst moments-it's the one thing I absolutely have to show up for when everything else is going into the toilet.

If you do have depression, aggressive management is your friend.

I also saw my brother blow off multiple jobs...and then for about a year, he couldn't get hired, because his work history looked too spotty.

I'd rather not see you get any worse off. You seem like a good guy.

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

an hour left if i do go back :S thinking thinking thinking

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Stop over thinking everything you always pay attention to small details, your going to be like 50 years old before you know it and still thinking about things like should i change job and move home and ask out this one chick.

Just set yourself some goals and try and work towards them man. and for once try to enjoy life.

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Look, in the opinion of one middle-aged, busybody depressive, it would be a really bad idea to blow off your job right now.The economy's bad, you barely got it in time, you may or may not have a place to stay right now.

I think moving back with your Dad, who I'm getting is a bully, is a really bad idea.He probably isn't good to be around.

What you need to do is what's going to get you the greatest positional advantage for the future. I think that's going to be to tough it out with the job. It seems like you're about to really shoot yourself in the foot here.

18. keith1 Guest

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Movie actors live in trailers close to their work. Not a stupid idea. One needs only small private standing and laying room. Micro toilet/shower a plus

19. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Is that all you pay?

Who pays for Groceries, Lights, Power, Water, Sewer, Cable, Internet etc?

20. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I kept it seperate, I just used internet and slept there, bought my own stuff.

21. Pinwheel Banned Banned

+1.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

darksidZz:

Not very helpful (sorry), but I think your sister may have a point when she says she feels like she is your mum and you're 16 years old. How old are you? When are you going to stop bumming around and starting taking adult responsibilities (such as work) seriously?

23. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I knew you'd say that but I lived with her earlier too for 3 years and we split rent, things were cheaper then and it worked (no car payment dragging me down), so while what she says sounds true it's really not. I have proven I am adult and she forgets we did that, and letting my car get repo'd sure isn't adult to do is it? I even explained it when moving here that it was $400 a month. So yea, had this a proven track record for me then yea, but when I had a good job I paid her whatever she asked so it's nonsense, what happens when she looses hers and moves back in with my parents? LOL