Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Since it is part of Lucas' creations, it is canon. Good movie, wasn't it? It is a wonder that Lucas tried to delete every single copy!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

His father, ITCHY!

His son, LUMPY!

Rofl... gg George...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

It is so stupid in the beginning of that movie, when the wookies are arguing in wookie language.......without subtitles.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know...

I thought it was fake... till the CBS commercials came on...

Heh... heheheeaaaaahahaha! Goodamn George... what in Gods name did you smoke to make this???

Sorry TW Scott, it's an official SW movie... so we can take facts from this too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually taking the whole Star Wars universe in question the Q are no more impressive than an Ang-Ti monks that is also a jedi. And considerably less impressive than Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine. Either one of which has violated complete rules of physics through shear power alone. Q still operates at least in the rules of physics and Space Time. His limits are beyond what we understand, but he can't do some of the things we see Luke or Palpatine do in the novels.

He has not instigated any conflicts, only accelerated them. The Borg conflict was an eventuality. As for Q assertation that they maintain cosmic order, who is to say that the cosmic order does not include a far superior foe crushing the Federation? Certainly not the Q who did nothing against the Borg or Dominion.

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

To quote the bathroom reader...

To quote Lucas after he found out veiwers everywhere had taped it.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually since Gene decided to leave out Star Trek the Animated series there is no reason that George Lucas can't leave out the Christmas Special if he wants. What's good for Roddenberry is good for Lucas.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah, but there you go twisting your own rules again!

It's an OFFICIAL GEORGE LUCAS PRODUCTION... thus it is CANON.

I'm not counting the animated bits in it!

Now, if you go up to Mr. Lucas and ask him if that show is a PART of the canon timeline, and he says no, I'll take your word on it... but then again, you MUST do the same for Gene to assert that the novels are not considered lesser canon.

Catch 22 my dreary Scott... for you see, the chances of you meeting with, and bringing up this subject to, George Lucas are very slim... the chances of him caring about you enough to give an answer are slimmer still. The chances of you meeting Gene are non existent unless by some quirk you are a Q and can bring him back to life... or, more simply, alter the course of time to suit your needs.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Laws of physics... no no my dear!

Scott, riddle me this - how can you explain away the fact that, on a WHIM, Q can take a life, then give it back? Or change the GRAVITATIONAL CONSTANT OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE? Or, better still, how about the fact that he can TAKE ON ANY FORM HE WISHED? Even more disconcerting is the fact that you think LUKE SKYWALKER, A BEING WHO IS NOT ONLY MORTAL BUT MOST DEFINATELY NOTHING SPECIAL, is more powerful than Q! Q would snap his fingers and *poof*, no more Luke Skywalker. In his place would be... oh, I don't know... tapioca pudding!

Luke cannot do things on a whim... it takes grave amounts of energy from him to do things... proof of this is when Yoda was struggling to keep the giant... thing... from crushing Obi-Wan and Anikin in #2. I mean... c'mon. It wasn't even that big. Q, with the snap of a finger, flung a STARSHIP across MILLIONS OF LIGHTYEARS OF SPACE!

Tell me... what's the more impressive display, hm? Shouldn't be hard... c'mon Scott! You can do it! 2+2 =...

please... please don't say fish...

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

But Gene has already asserted that the NOVELS are not canon. Remeber there were novels when he was alive and he states that one the Movies and the (live action) Series were canon. So you are being bit stupid.

As for Lucas he dsaid the Movies were high canon and followed by a strict order of canon. Oddly the Christmas special was left out completely in his list.

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Yet Q hasn't done anything of the sort to ANYONE. Meanwhile Luke used the force to enlarge a black hole type gravitional anomaly to a thousand times it's normal size. No being in ST can claim a feat even close to that. Or how about Emperor Palaptine and creating Forcestorms that can nearly destroy planets.

The most impressive thing Q has done? Moved one small moon back into orbit. That's it.

Most impressive thing Luke has done moved a massive blackhole.

15. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Movies contradict the ICS firepower. As they are higher canon, the ISDs dont have that firepower.

Nuff said on that.

16. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Your biased opinion. Which I discard out of hand. I'm sure Luke or Palpitine do not have the ability to cause a person to jump thru three different time periods. To start with.

Q2 started two conflicts. One of which was a lesson that was originally started by Q himself. Further, the future UFP is canon Trek...thus the order of the Trek universe is for the Terran/Vulcan UFP to continue to exist undefeated. Please...please keep your stubborn opinions to yourself and argue clearer facts.

17. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Point of conduct wrt powerful beings...it occurs to me that Q knows the responsibilities and consquences of his actions hence does not forcibly open black holes...Luke and Palpitine clearly do not think...Further Q can obviously do something as paltry as cause widespread destruction, if he can move a moon, he can cause it to crash into its planet...very weak arguments TW, as per usual

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  18. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

No posts for 4 days... a record?

19. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Wow...I'm shocked

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It's official:

Trek Won

Again

21. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

22. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Trek wins, although the polls don't show it, all of the people with the most valid arguements voted for Star Trek!! Star Trek is the winner!!! Communism has defeated fascism!!

23. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

mm

Hmm. I am bored. Gonna argue for Star Wars now.

Warsies! You got a new soldier!

Star Wars wins for pretty obvious reasons.

#1 CANON sources show that each turbolaser blast is 13 gigatons each and the only reason they couldnt take out the Massassi temples was because it was solid rock.

edit: I sound like an idiot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.