The Battle For Earth?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by SetiAlpha6, Jan 15, 2007.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

If everybody converted to corpsism, then there'd be peace on Earth.
    Eternal peace.
    Well. Except for all the nasty killing and biting and struggling in the animal kingdom...
    So, they'd have to be converted to corpses too.
    Then there'd be peace on Earth.
    Until the plants start moving around fighting one another.
    So, better kill them too.

Better just sterilize the whole universe just to be safe.
    The, peace at last.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Anyone want to take a crack at why this won't work, or will it?

I've always wondered about this song!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

No, your slow at critical thinking.

Been there done that! I don't tip homeless people, they are mostly drunks, drug addicts, or plain lazy. I've been homeless before I was a drug addict, so I know from experience what I'm talking about.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So is the over all population of the world homeless? Remember there are apx 6 billion people in the world, to determine that mostly all humans suffer, are homeless or have a shitty lifes, or commit crimes, or we are generally bad, would have to be a majority of the world population living under these circumstances. To postulate that Baron's statement is accurate "
    "
    It would mean that most of the world citizens are living under these conditions, so since apparently that does not seem to be the case, his statement, and your query to postulate that is factual, are illogical. By mere observation.

Those numbers shown of these situation that you brought about, have to take in account the 6 billion citizens of the world. hence 12 million people is barely scratching the surface of the world's population. don't get me wrong, I Know lots of people suffer, and have shitty lives, but it's not "overwhelmingly" bad as Baron's claims them to be, that would mean that over 2billion people are living under these conditions, that does not seem to be the case now does it?

Godless

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Turtle Guest

I' we been homeless to and it was not my fault to be there. I believe many of them are victims of greed or bad luck.

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Are there any good long-term solutions then?

Is there any good path to begin the journey on? Is there anything that we can do today that will make the world better in the future? Or is it all just hopeless?

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

If the Muslim nations would stop hassling Israel, and if Islamists would stop trying to take over the world by force, and if religious freedom were granted all over the world, then things would get better.

10. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

It all depends in what you consider to be an ideal world? Which philosophy will we follow?, which religious nonsense will be tolerated? how much power if any will governments allow religious influences?

I think if you take a critical look at the past, and how the world functions today, we are way better off, then in the middle ages, or the dark ages, are we not? So basically we will come to a choices as a human species some day! Will we self destruct for differences in religious idealogies, or make compromises? Will we rather work together and solve the world's energy crisis, or shall we just inaliate weaker nations? Will reason ever prevail above superstition and greed?

The tools to achieve world peace are in place. Our reason need to be coherent in one ideology, the survival of the human species, untill then, it will just be one superior clan over the other!

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So, Godless, you're into not tolerating "religious nonsense?" That's what the Soviet Union was all about, why don't you move to China, they don't tolerate much "religious nonsense," like you, so maybe you can become the head of the Committee to Expunge Relgious Nonsense, and by the way, please define "religious nonsense."

12. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

That is the very heart of this thread? Which philosophy should be followed?

Which philosophy should eventually be adopted by the entire world so that we can all live in peace?

13. Turtle Guest

10 Commandments!

I am the Lord your God
    You shall have no other gods before Me
    You shall not make for yourself an idol
    You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God
    Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
    Honor your father and your mother
    You shall not murder
    You shall not commit adultery
    You shall not steal
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
    You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
    You shall not covet your neighbor's house...

Something like this, with new prospective and understandings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The correct translation is thou shalt not murder.

15. Turtle Guest

In my fate, I will go with eye for an eye. Well I will have a court to decide.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: The correct translation of "thou" is "you." The time frame of when each of these pronouns were used is the ONLY difference. There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in meaning!

17. Turtle Guest

M*W:
    I'm sure you are a believer but you don't even know.

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Turtle, you do realize that the penalty for just picking up sticks, on the Sabbath was death, don't you? Are you sure you want to unleash this on the world all over again?

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Med Woman, if you don't know the difference between murdering someone and killing someone because he/she is trying to murder you, then I don't know what to tell you.

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: No, I am not a believer, but please explain what it is that I "don't even know."

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I understand the difference between cold blooded murder and self-defense. Exactly what does this have to do with anything?

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So it's thou shalt not murder, not thou shalt not kill, thank you.

23. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

This clarification is necessary M*W because, as I have said, it is perfectly fine to kill anyone for picking up sticks on the Sabbath! Now that we have that cleared up?