Afghanistan - What is the objective?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Mar 11, 2009.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Well America has been unable to defeat an impoverished group on nomads, its pretty sad really. This speaks volumes for the lack of discipline and bravery of the US troops. Not to mention that this has been going on for 8 years. Pathetic really.

We all know the reason why, couples with the lack of courage and disciple on the part of the Americans, the Afghani resistance is resolute and fearless. Warriors like them cannot be bought by high-tech weapons and armor, they are made from decades of war and resistance.

Afghanistan Zindabad. Jivay Sipah e Afghanistan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, the military could wipe Afghanistan from the face of the Earth if the politicians would just turn them loose. And you know that as well as me!

Personally, I'm beginning to think that the soldiers are being held back because we all know that if they stay, the Muslims will keep killing other Muslims until there are no Muslims left in the country.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vhawk Registered Member

oh dear now we are a slanging match, rather than intelligent debate. i don't think there is any call for calling American soldiers cowardly, they are merely doing their job, rather bravely IMHO, in any event it is not brave to attack defenseless civilians whosoever does it. crazy maniac emotional thinking or killing anyone ever is wrong and the cause of all the misery in this world

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

That does not say much for your humanity I am afraid.

It "seems" that the above vitriol represents the EXACT reason for the hate and resistance against the invaders.

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Thanks vhawk. That at least is honest.

9. vhawk Registered Member

seconded, shades of Dr. Strangelovecoming from the wipe out the world brigade

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

As I've said numerous times, I have no problem with the Afghans fighting the Americans/coalition forces. Where I have a problem is how you try to defend Afghan Muslim "resistance fighters" murdering innocent Afghan Muslim women and children in marketplace attacks and suicide bombings.

More Afghani Muslim civilians are killed by the Muslim fighters than are killed by all of the coalition/UN forces. How can that be called "resistance" to the "invaders"?

And that same idiotic "resistance" is going on in Iraq, too. How can you defend such cowardly "resistance"?

Baron Max

11. vhawk Registered Member

does it matter frightfully what the religion of the people on kills is?it's hardly constructive to be a suicide bomber but cowardly- hmmm I'm not so sure. it takes guts to blow oneself up

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Only in this particular context.

SAM and DH are trying to defend the Afghani "resistance", yet those same "resistance fighters" are actually killing more Afghani civilians than "occupiers". How can that be defended as "resistance"????

If China invades the USA, should US citizens begin killing their own people as a way of fighting the Chinese invaders???

Baron Max

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Americans want them to kill each other. Its what their arms industry depends on:

IRAQ:

AFGHANISTAN:

PAKISTAN:

SOMALIA:

Good old American entrepreneurship?

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ahh, so the Americans made the Afghani "resistance fighters" kill the Afghan women and childern in suicide attacks? And they made the Afghani "resistance fighters" throw acid in the faces of young school girls?

Wow! We Americans can make anyone do anything, huh? Shit, it's no wonder America is the world's most powerful nation ....we make people kill their own people for us!!

Baron Max

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, think "giving millions of dollars and arms to whacked out students" in the US.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

We already do that, SAM. But the results are far, far from anything going on in Afghanistan.

Personally, I'm beginning to believe that Muslims just plain enjoy killing other Muslims. It happens far too frequently to be caused by anything else as far as I can see.

And I just have orgasms if, as you say, all the Americans have to do is wave a little money and the Afghan Muslim go out killing other Afghan Muslims! Damn, that's got to be the way to fight this war. Forget weapons of war, just hand out money and point to other Afghan Muslims ....they'll do all the killing for us! What a deal!

Baron Max

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then you'll really enjoy this:

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Out of curiousity, what are these Afghans recieving arms then? Crazed terrorists, impoverished nomads, whacked-out students or the heroic resistance? Because the usage and meaning seems to change depending on the context and audience.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Again, you're grouping the whole US here. Which you decry otherwise.

About those figures....pretty small, most of them. Who "played the rest of the role", and why? Or is that unimportant? (To you.)

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The fact that you think supplying arms to 20 of the 27 major wars is a pretty small figure speaks for itself. And the US supplies the weapons as a country, last I heard, the Americans elect their government. If they are asleep at the helm when it comes to accountability, when its American tax dollars at work, who is to blame?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Not really, because you don't understand the question you're proposing, or else your Googling has got a bit out of control: how much of the arms proportionately were supplied? What was the outcome?

Interesting. Should I also blame all muslims for the likes of al-Qaradawi? The president of al-Ahzar? The "rape imam"? - the one in Australia, I mean. How about attitudes among some proportion of muslims towards domestic abuse, or women, or homosexuals? Shall I lump them all together, Sam?

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Your reading comprehension skills require a review.

Clearly the concept of arms sales is foreign to you.

And you cannot distinguish between an elected government with 50,000 nuclear weapons and a military occupying two countries which has killed a million people, from a man at a podium.