Tea Parties Spread across Nation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 16, 2009.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm saying that any Senator can introduce legislation at any time to make a new law that will amend any already existing regulation. He didn't change anything that caused the recession.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

He was not the president. The republicans controlled everything, i dont know what else to tell you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. desi Valued Senior Member

This is so stupid. Bush ran up more debt than Obama. If the government cut funding and balanced the budget these protesters would be getting mugged by their neighbors when the unemployment checks start bouncing and the food stamps stop coming.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

People are stupid.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

From what I understand turnout was pretty light for the teabaggers...especially given all of the propaganda and support given them by Fox and other Republican donors. I think teabagging spells the end of the Republican Party as we know it. It appears the party is splintering.

Obama still retains a very high job a approval rating, something the teabaggers would like to ignore and hope it goes away. But the facts and news are again in their way. The economy is recovering....and things are moving forward on all fronts. The real irony is that these folks spouting off about fiscal irresponsibility have been the ones who have brought us the most fiscally irresponsible leadership in the history of the country.

And just a few months ago, they were voting for the continued leadership of those same folks. Some were even voting for the weaker Democratic canidate in the primary to make the general election easier for Republican (tea party) leadership to continue in power.

Again it is so ironic that the Democrats have been and continue to be the most fiscally responsible of the two parties. It was Clinton who managed to bring the deficit into a surplus. And it is Obama who is addressing the most expensive items in the Federal Budget, healthcare. Something the Republicans and teabaggers have no solution for other than throw more federal dollars at the problem, and we know that does not work.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Last year the Bush budget was about 2.3 Trillion dollars, Obamas new budget was for 4.6 Trillion dollars. Now who spends more?:shrug:

10. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

If the taxes don't frustrate you you are probably either low income or extremely wealthy.

Does government produce a third of what I consume? No! Then why should governments take a third of of the proceeds from my work and from my investments?

Some people don't mind paying for wars and some people don't mind paying for welfare for the poor but very few of us are happy about paying for both wars and welfare. Very few of us like paying for the interest on the national debt.

Complying with the tax code is a serious chore for the self employed and even a bigger chore for employers. &%^$#%^ just how do I elect to capitalize property taxes under section 266? I never did find an answer from IRS web pages but enough third party websites gave the same answer that I could just trust their answer. Turbotax premier and the 900 page Lasser's book don't touch on that subject.

It took me about 20 hours to do my taxes. Couldn't this be simpler? Of course renters who just go to work and get a paycheck with taxes withheld don't know anything about the complexity of taxes.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who do Americans think should pay their debts? Out of curiosity?

True. Took me 30 minutes and I was dawdling.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  13. superstring01 Moderator

Took me like ten. As a property owner, now, I'll just have H&R Block do them next year. I save all my receipts. Let them have the headache!

~String

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Turbotax, it works... well it did fuck that one guy over, but it general it works.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yeah I am a Turbotaxer too, you just have to make sure you answer all of the questions accurately. I like the way it automaticallly loads data from financial insitutions. It eliminates a lot of manual entires!

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Bush didn't count his wars, but Obama did account for the continuing costs. Now who's more honest?

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

18. John99 Banned Banned

:bugeye:

19. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

These aren't Tea Parties. They're GOP funded political rallies. NEXT!

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yep, it is funny that these "conservatives" aka ditto heads no longer want to be called Republicans. Yet they keep the same leaders that got them to this place in time (limbaugh, hannity, levine, etc). Same lines, same stories, same leaders, its as though they want to rename the rotten apple which is the Republican party and think that will solve their perceived problems. But I have news for them a rotten apple is still a rotten apple no mater what they call it.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I do admire their activism, but I think they are confused. This was all predicted by the prophet James Howard Kunstler.

I guarantee you that Mr. Obama will have to do this sometime in the next few years whether he likes or not, and he'd be well-advised to get it done sooner rather than later. And by this I don't mean just vague allusions to "energy independence" or "renewables" in speeches devoted to many other issues. I mean telling the public the plain truth that we'll never offset oil depletion and the intelligent response is to do everything possible to transition to walkable towns and public transit, not to sustain the unsustainable.
    The alternatives -- i.e. what we're trying now -- is to further delude ourselves into thinking that we can run WalMart and the suburbs by some other means than oil. Despite all our investments in these things, we won't be able to run them by other means, and the news about this had better get out before enormous disappointment turns into titanic rage. If Americans think they've been grifted by Goldman Sachs and Bernie Madoff, wait until they find out what a swindle the so-called "American Dream" of suburban life turns out to be.​

Many observers have noted lately how passive the American public is in the face of their dreadful accelerating losses. It's a tragic mistake to tell them that they can have it all back again. We'll see a striking illustration of "phase change" as the public mood goes from cow-like incomprehension to grizzly bear-like rage. Not only will they discover the impossibility of getting back to where they were, but they will see the panicked actions of Washington drive what remains of our capital resources down a rat hole.​

To me, GWB will remain the perfect representative of his time, place, and culture. During his years in Washington, America became a nation of clowns posturing in cowboy hats, bethinking ourselves righteous agents of Jesus in a Las Vegas of the spirit, where wishing was enough to get something for nothing, where "mistakes were made," but everybody was excused from the consequences of bad choices. The break from that mentality will be very severe, and we may look back in twelve months and wonder how we ever fell for the whole package. The answering of that question will occupy historians for ages to come.​

22. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

No one likes paying taxes and I had to pay out because I don't own anything I rent. But I still don't understand what these Tea Parties were all about.

23. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

PJ, if you will, answer two simple questions.
    In your opinion,on average is the price of gold going to go up or down in the next 5 years?

Why?

Please,teach us about economics, after all you're a self described educator of the ignorant.