Reason to like americans?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by weed_eater_guy, May 22, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

MacDonalds and the like are not some of the most popular outlets in India. Too bland for the average Indian (where's the spice? the chillies?), eating McDees is a more a phenomenon for those who want to appear cool (<= read westernised)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure why you think I'm obliged to defend American war in Iraq when I'm not a supporter. Does thinking British people are ugly and generally fat automatically make me a Bush-supporter? From what strange school of logic did you emerge?
    Then we'll agree to disagree. I think people make their own choices and therefore are their own causes. Maybe I simply have too high expectations for Britons.
    In the wealthy areas of China the children are certainly becoming more and more fat. Without doubt. But remember nearly 800 million people in this country are still more or less poor and living as peasants. It's a small percentage that make up the wealthy, a smaller percentage that make up the children, and an even smaller percentage that make up the fat ones.

About 20% of Chinese are overweight. This is much lower than Brit or Yank (or Canadian) averages.
    Neither is it "reasons to dislike americans" but no one seems intent on sticking to the subject of the thread.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

It was you who brought up the iraq war with 'Britain was a full participant....?
    I also think British people have been slapped with the ugly stick.....But think % for % not as tubby as the US....
    I've made no pressumptions at all, where have you got that from....?
    Who said anything about supporting bush....:shrug:
    Well I'll stick by what "Chen Chunming", 'a nutritional expert at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention' said as he made sense.

:shrug:

Then why change the subject (see post 85).....?

I've have called the British 'Savages of the American World' on numerous occasions, 'Consumerised slaves'.....
    I'm pro-european, you presume to much.....or is it a monthly thing...lol

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tim840 Registered Senior Member

All we had to do was wait? SERIOUSLY? Every day spent waiting would have cost more and more lives in a war that already had claimed tens of millions of lives. The Japanese were still rampaging across the Asian mainland, murdering civilians, the British were planning an enormous invasion of Singapore to involve 70,000 soldiers (more than used in D-Day), the Chinese were still fighting the Japanese in southeastern China, the Americans were still fighting the Japanese in the Pacific, the war was not close to being over and the Japanese couldn't swallow their pride and accept defeat. Even after both atomic bombs had been dropped, when the Emperor finally decided to surrender, the military staged a coup and attempted to depose the Emperor and all of his ministers. And no, there were no peace talks going on at the time of the atomic bombings.

And just so you know, America warned the Japanese that we were going to drop another atomic bomb if they didn't surrender (which they didn't, hence, Nagasaki)

8. Harnu Semper Fidelis Registered Senior Member

I feel the love

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

america better like me

10. Myles Registered Senior Member

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

har har har

12. Roman Banned Banned

Shut up Frenchy, we saved your ass twice. We even took the fall for that ugly mess in French Indochina for you. You colonial fucks.

13. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

So it's ok for the military to murder civilians...?
    And every bit of evidence i have looked at says all they had to do was wait......!

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

What about the Spice Girls? You can't deny that they (were) hot.

15. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

They had some sort of....flare to them.

16. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Are you choosing to ignore the facts, or are you just anti-American? I've already given numerous reasons why we couldn't wait, why we had to act as soon as possible. True, the atomic bombs were horrible and killed around 230,000 people, but that's nothing compared to the number of deaths that would have come had we waited. The Japanese treated the civilians in their overseas empire brutally (in the notorious Nanking Massacre, 370,000 Chinese civilians were murdered in just three weeks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre), and like I said, there was still lots of fighting going on in southern and southeastern Asia. And then there was the military coup in Japan attempting to prevent Japanese surrender:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%ABj%C5%8D_Incident

17. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

If by blindingly garish and offensive to the eye, then yes I'd have to agree with you.

18. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

19. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

#392: The smallblock V8.

20. Roman Banned Banned

Getting a little costly to run that, eh suburbanite?

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

The reasons to dislike Americans are largely because America is peopled by folks from everywhere else on the planet who like America more than anywhere else on the planet -- and you're still stuck with existing somewhere else on the planet that isn't in America.

America may be the focus of your personal issues, but that doesn't make us the source of your personal issues.

We have reasons not to care what you think of us.

22. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

OMG, like didn't I already say why, like, AmericanZ are like SO like FUBAR?

23. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

So that we can be believed to be no better than you?