Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well, Star Wars shields drop pretty quickly when you throw asteroids at them

Star Trek Structural Integrity Shields (not the primary shields even) provide partial protection from having another starship hit you at maximum impulse (TNG, where they were caught in the temporal loop.) Yes, the ship was destroyed by the impact, BUT it didn't imediately disintegrate.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Well, lets see. In Star Trek 10, according to what I was able to get with that vid I linked before, there where about a total of 44 hits, the first one hitting one of the warp engines, bringing the ship out of warp. This also includes about five or so that directly hit the armor of the Enterprise. Going witht eh 500 megatons figure I showed for the lowest, it equals to 19,000 megatons before the shields where taken off line, with 2,500 megatons hitting the ship. After this the ship was pretty beat up, but was still able to ram the opposing ship, and would have lasted longer if they had more torps at the time.

Giving that the Soverign is the strongest of the ships, that would place it at the lowest shielding power of the best ship in the fleet to 19,500 megatons. Going with what Saquist said if we go with 1 Isoton = 264 megatons, it would be 2,059,200 megatons.

I personally think its the former for now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Cube vs. ISD

Borg: "We are the Borg, lower your sheilds and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Imperial Captain: "There moving into an attack position."

Imperial Captain: "Sheilds up!"

Imperial Class: Fires Turbolasers as expected

Cube: Fires Cutting Beams and Gravemetric Torpedos

Cube Status
    Sheilds: N/A
    Hull: miniumum to no damage (1% to 6% damage)
    Crew: drones in battle cycle

ISD Status
    Sheilds: estimate; 50% to heavely damaged
    Hull: no damage
    Crew: nothing Noteable

After an hour...

ISD Status
    Sheilds: buckled/0%
    Hull: heavy damage
    Crew: Assimilated

Cube Status
    Sheilds: N/A
    Hull: minimum damage (7% to 11% damage)
    Crew: standard duty cycle

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Actually...given the fact that the borg beat the living crap out of 40 ships, their shields likely wouldn't be affected at all. I mean, the opening barrage of just twenty ships fucked up the Founder's homeworld, 40 of them would have done twice the damage and they still got their asses handed to them, and in First Contact, there where perhaps hundreds of UFP ships with better weapons since The Die is Cast, and only a handful of ships where left over what must have been at least a few days of fighting and even then its hull was still intact (if severally damaged) and their power grid was in bad shape. Even then the Borg where still on their way to earth. Thankfully, Picard knew about a weak point and they managed to tear it apart.

8. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What sheilds wouldn't be affected?

9. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

As in for who? SW or ST side?

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What do you mean here?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

12. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Notice how easily the Tie-Fighters are killed with small bursts.

13. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

That the Imperial ships wouldn't likely damage any part of the Borg cube given that the cube easily dispatched these 40 ships, which could pump out enough power to destroy 60% of a planet's crust within the opening volly, I doubt the Empire is going to last long at all.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

hellblade, what was the planetary crust destroyed? I thought it was 30%...

mate, make sure you keep your numbers consistant. Don't fall to Scotts standard

15. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

It's nice to have vivid imagination isn't it.
    Maybe i can use mine too (just for fun)

Admiral : Lord Vader the're seems to be a cube shaped ship heading towards us.

Borg : We are bla bla bla futile

Vader : open fire

Admiral : That doesn't seem to work sir.

Vader : prepare my ship I'll take care of this myself.

...........(Vader borded the ship)

borg : we are bla bla bla futile;

Vader lift his hand using the force to rip the metal of the borgs flesh.
    Vader chokes the queen

Vader : Admiral prepare my coffee i'm coming home

Hey this is just for fun don't overwelm me with reactions

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

lol, that'd work only if he could keep that up for hours on end- a cube has tens of thousands of drones (enough to assimilate a full sized class M planet (eg, Earth)) so yeah... he'd get tired eventually.

And don't forget- though they rarely use them, the Borg DO have ranged weapons

17. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

@ SAQUIST i've made a little calculation. I'm not so into these number but there something i cant get.

on your calculation a 25 isoton warhead gives 3,246 meagaton of destructive power. Yes ?
    I really wanna know you are refuring to TNT destructive power ?
    because if you know that the hiroshima bomb had 20kiloton then a isoton warhead equals 162,300x hiroshimabomb

One warhead would be enough to blow away half the planet if not all.
    Sure one torpedo must be enough to blow away a asteroid then wouldn't it?
    Yet Riker said they needed 286 of them to do so.
    If you would trow 286 warheads it would be like dropping an elefant on a pee.

I bet there are a few mistakes in my asumbsion and please correct them but is everything is like i think it is then thats a shitload of power.
    Imagine SG1 getting there hands on one of these. Ad a few pounds of that multiplying stuff (forgot the name) KABOOOM

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I know but how do they react when they lose there Queen ? I know they don't die butt still I'm curious.

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Hey maybe this would work (again just for fun)

Riker : Sir there's a unidentified ship in our ficinity

Picard : open healfrequency

Worf : It seems their shield are up

Picard : any answer ?

Picard : On screen.

"Vader apears on screen and uses some mindcontrol"

Picard : Lower our shields

Worf, Riker : Sir?

Picard : Number one that's an order. Lt Worf lower our shields.

Worf : Yes sir, although i must state my objection

Picard : Your objection is noted, for the last time lower our shields Lt Worf.

Worf : Shield lowered.

ISD comes in full force.

oh boy maybe i better didn't post this

20. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

or maybe this one.

Officer : there's a shuttle adrif sir? No lifesigns on board except two droids.
    Janeway : beam them aboard. Securityteam to the transporter room.

Transporter room to Janeway. It's seems to be a little cute blue and white droid and a shiny gold one. Scanners indicate no weapons.
    The gold one wants to talk to the captain.

Janeway

etain them i'm on my way

Janeway : How can we help you ?

C3pio : We come from the farmership "blablabla" our ship is ready to explode, only we two could fit in the shuttle, all the rest is still onboard, can u help us.

Janeway : How many ?

C3pio : a dozen droids

Janeway : Janeway to Bridge did you locate the ship

Officer : Yes captain it's in bad shape. It isn't going to last long.

Janeway : Transport do you have a lock on them ?

Officer : yes captain 13 droids confirmed

Janeway : Beam them abord fast. (Suspecting more cute and gay droids)

13 droidica's roll into the room blasting away. Primary target transporter, secondary target Janeway.

Maybe we lose R2D2 and C3pio maybe we don't at least Voyager takes a lot of damage and Janeway is gone. And if by some miracle the can detect the droidica's R2d2 still managed to send out every detail on voyager itself including week spots.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't work - as soon as Picard tried something like that, Data would overrule him. That and, don't forget. Picard has a part of Sarek in him (the mind meld) and he was able to control the raging emotions of a dying vulcan. I think Vader would find him quite formidable for that reason alone.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

as for the second one- their weapons would be disabled in the transporter. If a weapon (or a potential weapon) is detected in the transport sequence, they are held in stasis at the end (before rematerialization) until the computer is given an input on what to do (generally it's to remove the weapons power source)

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

didn't knew that butt what the heck it's just fun isn't it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.