Iran trys to get holland to ban dutch mp's film about the "violence provoking koran"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Feb 17, 2008.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Showing a film is not instigating a fight and doesn't give you the right to resort to violence.

It doesn't give anyone the right to resort to violence.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It has become very clear that Muslims do in fact support and defend the violence their brethren commit, whether it's killing a filmmaker for making a film they don't agree with or flying commercial jets into skyscrapers.

Their intolerance to the scrutiny of their religion shows no boundaries to the barbaric nature of their acts. The have made clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that Islam is NOT a religion of peace and that most likely the content of the film depicts their intolerance correctly.

It is their intolerance that Muslims are most afraid of showing the world.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Yes i agree with what you say & the way you worded it, to add to it i believe another big problem is they dont want the muslim masses to see freedom is free, because they will want more freedom, freedom to choose there religon which is something they dont have in muslim countries, islam has to keep a lid on freedoms, or else islam beomes a take it or leave it religon much as we have with other religons, that is what there most afraid off, thats why they carry placards saying western freedom of speech is western terroism, because it is, it has the power to make islam a take it or leave it religon, & muslim leaders reject that.

Islam is interested in obedience & only to obey dont scrutinise us, dont question us, i suppose the church of scientology is similar in some ways, anyone looking into them is threatened & harrased as was the case with a BBC world reporter who was threatened & harrased recently for running a report on them for the BBC, the church of scientology is the same as the moonies the only difference is they have brains & they know how to milk the rich, there not interested in the working class.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh please, enough with the high horse.

What scrutiny does provocation serve?

If the intent was to scrutinise, at least there would be some pretence at getting it right. Some involvement of Muslims in a film about Islam.

Its merely the incipient racism that is endemic in that culture, the same "freedom of expression" was widely used against Jews during WWII.

I suppose at the time they were deeply interested in scrutinising the characters of Jews as now they are interested in scrutinising the character of Muslims.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Interesting. Resorting to abuse in response to provocation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're clearly clueless about Wilder. He has declared that he does not want Muslims in Netherlands, he has tried to ban the Quran and is intensely anti-Islam. He has declared an intention to burn or tear the Quran in his film. None of this is in any way educational to anyone, let alone non-Muslims. He is quite simply nothing more than a bigot. IOW, he is the Adolf Hitler of Muslims.

Supporting such hate mongerers is detrimental to social stability.

Yeah sorta like the horrors of allowing Jews in Europe. Whats the difference in expected outcome?

If he was targeting blacks in this manner, there would be no confusion about exactly what he is.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Actually, depending on the type of film it is, it can be instigating a fight AND it can most definitely be shown only to spread hatred and ignorance

Say that to American patriots. In my opinion, if you're living in a country and you burn their flag with intention of mockery, you might as well have made a death wish.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Again, when did I say it was a religion of peace? Abrahamism isn't peaceful, we know that already.

Then again, Q, there are Muslims who are tolerant. The problem is that the intolerant and extreme ones are the ones in power, and their propaganda is, unfortunately, tricking so many youngsters into support for them.
    But to say that all Muslims (that's why I corrected you) are the same is stupid. Yes, some Muslims are against the violence occuring, and of them no barbarism has been committed.

The point is, that anytime you go being a moron, you can anticipate someone will get violent. I'm not saying it's the best thing to do, but that you can expect it.

12. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I see no comparison to hitler here, i dont see muslims being gassed or beaten on the street, in fact its quite the reverse i see van goghs nephew with his throat slashed, a gay mp shot to death, all for voicing there opinion on islam.

Why are you bringing up hitler, as the vast majority of muslims deny the holocaust, i fail to see how you can use hitler as baseball bat to hit us with, if you deny the holocaust there is no hitler, so find another escapegoat in history one muslims all believe in, because hitler is like infidels believing in santa claus or the tooth fairy, next to no muslims accept the hollocaust.

"freedom of expression" was widely used against Jews during WWII. "

you mean violence & murder, not freedom of speach, against the jews, as all the violence is one sided here coming from the fanatics in islam, i fail to see your point or comparison, once again your totally lacking in any credible argument.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

More often its other morons who respond to morons with violence, who said that morons are only on the one side?

But supporting such moronic behaviour in the guise of freedom (when clearly there are exceptions already in place to protect sensibilities) is beyond moronic.

14. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I agree when i see muslims with there children, demonstarting in london over cartoons, with placards & posters that say death to the queen, your 9-11 is coming & bomb europe, we should not as a society be "Supporting such hate mongerers is detrimental to social stability."

For once we agree on something.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do they do this as a hobby or to educate the British?

Because then they should be covered by "freedom of expression"

In fact, I think they should distribute buttons/placards/posters saying "Death to Wilder the Dickhead"; to freely express their feelings of offense..

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Nope. Anyone who gets violent over a film will do so on their own accord and will have to face legal consequences.

Nope, again. Burn away, be my guest.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Fair enough, but please understand that the violence has absolutely nothing to do with the moron and is entirely the problem of the assailant.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Is there such a difference in teaching that the belief of anyone and everyone else is wrong and teaching that a religion that teaches such a thing is evil?

I think this:
    If one is to say "Our religion is one of peace" then this means when someone desecrates your book or blows up your 2500 year old statues you react peacefully. Now, Buddhist for the most part live up to their proclamation. Many Muslims on the other hand go ape shit at the slightest provocation, and the funny thing is, you guys are already excuse making. You know as well as I do that many *so called* Muslims will act violently.

Suppose that a movie was made insulting Buddha. How do you suppose Buddhists would react? Violently? Do you think that the Author would have to leave the country because Buddhists may try to murder him. Of course not. And that's pretty much all of us: Xian, Shinto, Baha'i, Jew, Muslims, etc.. we all would sit back and think - naw, those Buddhists would probably just ignore it - - that's if they even bothered to do that much.

until we can all think like this about Islam, it is not a religion of peace.
    Agreed?

If not then the statement "Religion of Peace" has really no meaning at all.

On top of all of this we just don't like some of the aspects of Islam. When I see that Japanese woman covered head to toe in black with an eye slit and 7 kids running around her and this idiot Imam that couldn't be bothered learning two words of Japanese is happy for her to never see her family again ... god I think, what kind of cult is this? It reminds me of one of those weird Xian dooms day cults in the desert. And I'd feel the same about them, thank God there aren't too many! Then I look around and I see lots more Muslim women covered head to toe with eye slits. I don't stop and think, Oh gee this is great. I think, man I hope this crap doesn't spread. I truly hope these guy's kids adapt and become like my friend Mo, who I meet for a drink and have a BBQ at the beach with. The last thing I would want is to live with a bunch of people covered head to toe. Monotheism is bad enough, being atheist I know, but crap these guys are down right fruity.

Why do people like Buddhists? Lots of Thai Buddhists around here - they have integrated VERY well.
    Why do people like Shinto? Lots of Japanese around here - they have integrated VERY well.
    Why do people like Baha'i? Whether they know it or not there are a lot of Baha'i around here - they have integrated VERY well.

There is a huge problem with Muslims.

Why?

And it's not just in Australia. It's almost everywhere there are Muslims and other people who are not Muslims.

Ask yourself: why is that? Why would the Dutch, arguable one of the most open societies, want to ban Islam? Why? 200 years ago - sure. 50 years ago - OK maybe. But not now in this modern age? They don't feel like this towards Buddhists. They like Buddhists. That's odd.

Now, when you teach people that their beleif MUST be correct and others MUST be wrong - guess what this is what get this.

Old saying: You reap what you sow.

Muslims are reaping the fruits of their religious philosophy. You can't just keep blaming everyone else. It's the West's fault. It's the Chinese fault. It's the Hindu's fault, It's the Thai's fault, It's the Xians fault, It's the English's fault, It's the French fault, It's Americas fault, blah blah blah ... it's everyones fault but ours and you wanna know why: Because we ARE right.

People are tired of it. Like I said before even stuffy ultra left liberal English academics were openly saying: enough is enough. That sort of says something. I don't think they even went that far on Communism. Secretly many hoped it'd of worked.

Michael

PS: I realize it really doesn't matter. You will still think: I must be right, there is no possibility I could be wrong. It's someone else's fault, there is nothing wrong with the Qur'an - it's perfect. Islam is too. Perfect for everyone. So with that in mind, don't worry about the movie, most Dutch don't like Islam because of that attitude. The movie will not change their attitude one way or the other. The ensuing violence will harden it though. Just as 5 prayers a day hardens your attitude that there is no possibility you could be wrong - it's the fault of America or someone or something ... not the Qur'an though. That's perfect. It's a scientifically prooooved fact.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you see me supporting the destruction of Buddha's statues?

To me that is equal to tearing a Quran.

I would call both kinds of people equally moronic.

I don't think any kind of hate mongering should be supported in a society.

Wilder=Taliban

20. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Educate the british on what?

What does it have to do with the british if denmark prints cartoons??????????????????????

Why should they be threatening the Queen & bombing the uk because the danes did this???????

Why are they getting the children to wear face covering so the press dont see them?

Do they know what there doing is shameful?
    They are actually forcing children to walk around with bomb europe placards, it looks very likley these children will have no say in there futre life, there parents have already decided they will be fanatics.

"freedom of expression"

It is not & never has been legal to threaten people in the uk, alot of these demo nuts were arrested months later, freedom of expression does not cover threatening to bomb the uk.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like you said, its all freedom of expression. After all Mohammed did not go to Denmark/Holland either. :yawn:

22. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

No the Quran is a book with paper in printed recently, the statues in afghanistan had been there for thousands of years, took years of building & seconds to blow up, once again your comparison is weak.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And? There is plenty of old stuff being torn down everyday. To the Taliban, the statues hold as much relevance as the Quran does to Wilder. And now, Wilder has made it clear that there is no need to consider the feelings of any minorities in your country. If you don't like it, you can lump it. The Taliban as the official governing body of the time, has full rights to make any decisions regardless of what people in other countries say or think. Especially Buddhists, since Buddhism is no longer present in Afghanistan. Like Wilders ambitions to rid Holland of Muslims, the Taliban have already been granted theirs of no Buddhists in Afghanistan.