Shooting alcohol straight in the blood?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Syzygys, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I was wondering if someone wants to get drunk really fast and cheap and specially if doesn't like the taste of alcohol, would shooting up in the arm clean alcohol get the drunk feeling much faster than drinking lots of beer???

Would that be a safe way to do it and if so, why nobody is doing it??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

seems like it would damage the veins. Wouldn't it burn and scar them?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Injecting straight alcohol into ones vein would kill a person I'd think or at least make them very sick. Alcohol takes time to digest and enter into your bloodstream which is doing a little at a time over a period of time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

What happened to administering alcohol by aerosol? It seems like a small amount gets people that fast drunk sensation and they recover quickly. I'm not a fan of inhaling anything myself but this might be the ticket.

8. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

People do that sometimes and they say they got drunk quickly. I tried a few times inhaling a drop of alchohol with my nose but could not do more because it is really painful.

9. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Some states ban alcohol inhalers, I guess for the very reason of being more effective to get drunk. Probably less money for the state from alcohol tax...

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Er, no, because it defeats alcohol breath tests, DUH!

12. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Yes you can inject it, and it will get you drunk much quicker. It is very bad for you. But not necessarily any worse than injecting any other drug. Why don't people do it? Well, cause its a lot easier to drink it.
    I have heard of people who, because of years of drinking, have done extensive damage to their mouth, throat, and stomach and are no longer able to absorb alcohol efficiently from their stomach. So they do what steve100 was talking about and give themselves alcohol enemas. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them also use Intravenous methods to get their fix. I think the biggest problem with it would be getting the needles. The other problem with it would be being able to give yourself a shot while you are drunk or detoxing. It would be far too difficult.

Lastly, it would be much more dangerous. When alcohol is drank, your body is able to metabolize some of it before it has any effect on you. That is why just one shot or a few sips don't get you drunk. However, injecting it directly into the bloodstream would bypass this effect and make all of it absorbable, thus making it much easier to OD.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I was being sarcastic, but no, it doesn't. If you inhale it your breath should still have plenty of alcohol in it...

14. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Actually it depends on the concentration whether it is worse than drinking. Direct injections of course are more effective than letting it pass through your cells. But if you adjust the ethanol concentrations accordingly, the effect should be roughly the same (minus the effects of whatever else is in the beverage). The amount of alcohol in the breath is not really that dependent on the way of the alcohol intake, btw. Injected ethanol will also be detected via breath tests (as it passes to the lungs).

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

How bad of an alcoholic are you to be injecting it? Or putting it up your butt or snorting it?

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Never underestimate human indigenousness...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, you spelled stupidity wrong.

18. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen and heard...

At all the treatment centers that I have worked at, we have to keep alcohol wipes away from clients, and monitor their use of it. Cause they have been known to horde them and suck on them.
    Other things we have to monitor:
    Various extracts/ Vanilla extract, peppermint extract etc.
    Mouth wash
    butane lighters
    Ping pong bals
    hair spray
    cough syrup
    various glues
    paint
    redi-whip
    coricidin
    The list goes on and on...

I saw a client once roll up tobacco, drano, and coffee grains into a cigarette and smoke it.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, tell me about the ping pong balls....

20. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Er, isn't the alcohol used in alcohol wipes poisonous? Like how they put something in bottles of isopropyl that makes it undrinkable?

21. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

If you take a ping pong ball and puncture it and breath in the stuff inside of it and hold it in for a while, it gets you high. But not for very long, but it works if you are an addict and you need a high.

Funny thing is most treatment centers don't even know about this, and most of them have ping pong tables.

22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I can only imagine. My best friend works at the Hospital and I hear some far out stories from her all the time.

I don't get the Vanilla Extract? What do they do with it?

Also Ping Pong Balls??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Regular alcohol is poisonous...

But yes, the alcohol in alcohol wipes is more poisonous, and much more dangerous to ingest, but people risk it to get their fix.