Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Have you ever watached Clone Wars, then you know the true firepower visually. I said this plenty of times, Neutronium is like TurboLASER, LASER cannon, and SESMIC charges, it is just a name.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Centerpoint, World Devastors, Star Forge, Superlasers, and Sun Crushers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Antifighter lasers are usally light turbolasers to laser cannons. Errant Venture have more firepower then a Galaxy Class by magnitudes, it have a small superlaser and weapons from the Excecutor-class Super Star Destroyer Lusankya. It is more powerful then Two Victroy-class combined.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Jedi, thing is, Scott plays it as not being just the name.

And Clone Wars is SUBSERVIENT to the main 6 movies... and the primary movies show the firepower as being modern-day weapons at BEST.

Centerpoint - not once mentioned in the movies,
    WD - non threat
    Star Forge - would be taken over
    Superlasers - useless as we've proven firepower issues
    Sun Crusher (singular, there IS only one) - non issue (it's in a fucking star... how do you plan to get a pilot INTo it?)

Errant Venture has about the same firepower as the Galaxy Class's Captains Yacht... we've already gone OVER this for FUCKS SAKE!

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Show me a screen cap, and prove it.

Centerpoint is perfectly canon
    World Devastors will destroy Earth the end
    Star Forge can only be powered by the Dark Side of the Force
    Superlasers destroy planets
    They got the Sun Crusher out using the force
    The more you argue, the more a idiot you make yourself, keep it up. You don't even know the slightest of EU.

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Dude, we've debated this before, EU isn't F*CKING canon! :bugeye:

All your little "super weapons" aren't going to help you because their not in George's universe! And he IS Star Wars!

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Proof?

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

We will see about that........
    First they are Lucasfilm licienced
    and
    "After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story—however many films it took to tell—was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories I was destined to tell. Instead they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga." -George Lucas
    and
    "Part of the job of the director is to sort of keep everything in line, and I can do that in the movies—but I can't do it on the whole Star Wars universe." - George Lucas

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Here are my sources, all licienced by Lucasfilm:
    The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
    The New Essential Guide to Characters

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, I don't know the slightest of EU, because the EU sucks. It is fanboy vomit all over the beautiful creation of George Lucas. If you had the slightest sign of delta wave activity, you'd understand that you subserviant camel! Now go crawl back into your hole and fester.

You want to play hardball, fine - I bring back to the court the Q Continuum. Being that it's ALL of trek vs ALL of wars, I challenge you to find a single counter to a being that, for all intensive purposes, can stop your entire galaxy from ever have collapsing from it's nebulae with the snap of his fingers.

Bitch.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Here are my sources, created by GEORGE FUCKING LUCAS himself, and those sources say, and I quote

YOU SUCK AT LIFE!

Star Wars - Episodes 1-6

15. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Goddammit, don't you f*cking get it!?!

Their licensed to use the the corporate name "Star Wars"! Not as canon!

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Dude he said it was not a part of his universe! Deal with it! No galaxy gun, no eclipse, no suncrusher! Lucas said himself it ended right after Ep. VI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?

17. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

Doesn't need to be a successful jump, considering the problems ST ships have with spacial distortions. This would be akin to having a wormhole or a singularity open up directly inside the ship. I think the feedback on the warpcore would be enough to cause a breach. So it doesn't matter if the weapon actually gets delivered or not.

As to that, I'm not sure. Against the firepower of ST ships I would say not very long.

18. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

Let them use them, since I have no contention anymore from SW, Dune would beat them anyway. Thus, leaving only ST and Dune to fight for supremacy.

Check your guys' frustration, it makes ST look bad... and you guys debate well but that loses its effectiveness when you act this way.

EDIT:
    And to SW, there is a clear difference between what George Lucas acknowledges and what his company acknowledges. I know of only a couple of the books that George Lucas is quoted as supporting. He supported the books written by R.A. Salvatore including the death of Chewbacca. He supports the Vong but not the storyline that presents them because they go against his idea of continuity. These are a couple of examples that I know of, I'll get the sources but give me time... I have to hunt down my friend for them.

And guys, if SW were to actually explain why the Vong would be a dangerous opposition to ST, such as point singularity shielding and weapons, then you might get somewhere.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  19. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I'm cool with that, Norma Cenva is my response to the Q continuum.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mate, warp drive IS a spatial distortion - I think you're confusion spatial distortions with temporal distortions.

Good example - voyager managed to accidentally fly into, and then successfully fly out of, a quantum singularity ( read, black hole ) that randomly collapsed on top of the ship.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sadly, as powerful as Norma Cenva may be, I doubt it'd be enough. We are, literally, talking about a being of limitless power. The only way to kill a Q is via a weapon made by a Q, and even then they can simply desire to bring the dead back to life afterwards.

22. Saquist Banned Banned

If that is true then you've yet to provide an example which would appropriately display this aledged superior Fire Power.
    SkywalkerJedi...I can only assume that as you didn't list your source that this is an assumption?

No Star Wars Weapon but the Super Laser has shown to truely equal up against the Federation Type X phaser.
    Understand that weapons you offer up as superior must show that they are more than sixity times the firepower of the antifighter laser.

Does that really sound logical?
    Fighters have been seen destroying subsystems on Imperial Star Destroyers. With no previous damage on both occasions we see X-wings and A wings fire two shots each (a total of 4) into the subsystem and the structure was destroyed.

So lets think...
    Did Home One and the rest of those cruisers need weapon power more than 60 times the fire anti fighter weapons?

I'm afraid not.
    Based on that hull resiliance we can approximate that no more than 20 times the antifighter weapons would have caused the destruction of the ISD being fired on. And that's even considering getting through the shield generators.

We know there was no damage on the ISD before the shots. When they landed the ships destruction was instant.

Essentially Federation Phasers should be as effective as Asgard beam weapons from Star Gate Atlantis.

Check your guys' frustration, it makes ST look bad... and you guys debate well but that loses its effectiveness when you act this way.

[/QUOTE]

I concur guys you can yell people into submission. It simple dosen't require that much emotion.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm just pissed... I want an opponent worthy of our skills... not someone we have to repeat the same shit over and over and over...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.