Drivers see sex attack in street but fail to stop

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Feb 13, 2008.

?

Would you stop, and help?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2008.
  1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

4.2%
  3. Who cares? Its not my problem

4.2%
  1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Teeside: At least five drivers did not stop when a 20-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in the middle of a road.

The victim was beaten and had clothes ripped off, but the motorists did not come to her aid. The woman was walking home early on Sunday in Stockton, when a man grabbed her.

------------------------------

that makes me sick to the core, why would anyone not want to help anyone who is getting sexually attacked, i know i would've stopped and helpped and i am just 5ft short!
    ----------------------------------

why has it come to this we would rather drive past someone getting assault than help? Ask yourself this if you were getting assaulted wouldn't you want someone (anyone) to help you? i know i would.

----------------------------------

are people scared to stand up against hatred, and violence, if so what are they scared of, getting attacked back, rather they attack two maybe three people than one young girl making her way home!

---------------------------------

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I would have stopped, but I can understand why a woman wouldn't. I do not understand why a man wouldn't have stopped. shameful

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

when something like this happens it is inevitable, trying to stop it will result in at least someone getting injured or in most possible scenario the one witnissing it getting themselves killed.

I know we all want to be noble, make sure no one gets raped...everything is according to the law...but it all comes down to our lives and these are irreplaceable.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

People are scared, the press do a good job of keeping people scared, and the Police walk around tooled up, creating the mindset that you need all that gear to intervene.

I intervene however, but then I studied Judo for six years, and get occasional training sessions in other martial arts. Most people would see such a crime, and rather than help, rush home to sit on the couch and wait for it to be shown on the news.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I tried to help once and I was sued by the offender who I stopped by tackling him and putting him in a choke hold until police arrived. He said I injured him during the tackle but after court was finished I was found not guilty of all offences BUT I still had to take the time and hire a lawyer to represent me during the trial so I was out thousands of dollars and many hours of my time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

but you still did the right thing

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

but draqon if someone was attacking say your mum, wouldnt you want a person to stop and help?

i am just 5ft and i would've stopped.

11. draqon Banned Banned

that actually says a lot about the court...if you won you should have been reimbursed.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

By a guy who was homeless and unemployed?? :shrug:

13. draqon Banned Banned

My mother or father for that matter is an exception to this...I would die protecting them. I would do so knowing I am protecting them. As for anyone else, the risk is way to great...as cosmic has given in his example, it is not worth your life.

Once again from the current perspective...you sitting typing this all out and looking at what I typed here, you probably go into rage thinking this draqon dude is a sissy for not wanting to help someone who is being sexually assaulted. But in my life I had been a witness of people who wanted to help and ended up in serious trouble themselves. This is about reality not your noble self. Women have a lot of macho when they bust it...OH I would have done that and this...and how come men dont do that and this...well guess what in reality its all about survival.

14. draqon Banned Banned

he should have been put to jail for telling the court that which is not true...and while working in jail worked of how much he owes.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But he was a homeless man that wasn't employed according to documents the state had found. He was charged with assault and battery and is currently in prison for at least another 20 years.

16. draqon Banned Banned

well...he should work in that prison.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Here in Florida a person doesn't have to work on the inside while they do their time, that's a state law.

18. draqon Banned Banned

well Cosmic...here in Michigan they have to work. So come over to Michigan. I know you'll say its cold. Well I picked it for this cold.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Thanks but no thanks. I'll just reside where the weathers warm all year round thank you. This homeless man came from another state that put him on a bus to get rid of him from their community. I wasn't told where he was sent from though.

20. draqon Banned Banned

I don't usually say this, but this man feels like unwanted turd.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

He wasn't wanted eleswhere so instead of trying to help him there they just moved the problem from their own house and put him here away from them. It is a common way more communities are getting rid of unwanted people from their communities today. A free bus ticket anywhere they want to be taken .

22. draqon Banned Banned

OMG...I really want to go to Seattle...do I have to be just as repugnant?

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Go for it!