Discussions about Carico's God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Carico, Oct 9, 2008.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You've looked at enough cases to get the impression you have & think I should have the same. I couldn't guess how many cases I've looked at. I've been looking at it since you were born. Don't tell me what I will see.
    If we're all god, the word god has no meaning.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swarm Registered Senior Member

Carico I know I haven't walked on water or raised the dead which is precisely

Its quite easy and like I said you are doing a disservice to your loved ones not to learn how to raise them.

Carico it won't be hard to believe that Jesus did either.

Where did I dis JC's claims about either of those?

Carico Jesus is who he says he is.

JC said he was the son of man.

It is you high priest, who wants to make him god for your own purposes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NGM Registered Member

Carico: But the truth is eternal because it holds no lie or contradictions.

You realize that you've said the equivilant of "Blue is Blue". Truth by it's definition cannot contain lies or contradictions. Please remember that you're not speaking to your congregation of gullible, naive people who suck up parroted fantasy.

It therefore can never go away as Jesus tells us.

Jesus never told you anything. The man named Jesus, (if in fact he ever existed), died two thousand years ago. The only thing you think you know about that person is what you have read in a book that was written by some person you've never met, and translated by yet another person who you've never met and that person has never met anyone who spoke or read the original language that your book was transcribed into. You're relying on a copy of something you have no way of proving is accurate.

That means that the Ten commandments and the rest of God's word will always be true forever.

This fantasy being you refer to as one of the "gods" that have been made up by men has never said anything to you. You've never read anything written by that "god". The commandments you refer to are just another fantasy written down by another person. You have no proof that they aren't the result of an active imagination after a night of too much wine.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. swarm Registered Senior Member

Carico That means that the Ten commandments and the rest of God's word will always be true forever.

Which ten commandments? The first one or the second one? Exodus 20:2–17 or Deuteronomy 5:6–21

8. swarm Registered Senior Member

StrangerInAStrangeLa the word god has no meaning.

Man, ain't that the truth.

9. NGM Registered Member

Man, six numbers just popped into my head! I think they were from God. I'm on my way to the store for a lottery ticket!

If they don't win, it wasn't god....just gas.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Carico Registered Member

Sorry they weren't from the God of the bible because the bible tells us not to indulge in games of chance. So they have to be from a god of your imagination which of course, makes him imaginary.

11. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Hmmm... strictly speaking, it is covetousness that is condemned in the bible. Games of chance which don't involve the desire to acquire money are fair game. Look at how many times the casting of lots (by God's people) is mentioned.

12. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

Fair enough.
    I don't however think you should have the same interpretation of them as I do ..sure it's subjective to some degree according to each individual.

Since I was born?...and here I thought I was getting to be an old dude!

13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Carico, answer 2 question or quit spewing crap.
    What 10 commandments listed where?
    Do you preach to animals?

15. NGM Registered Member

So all those bingo games where the players get money by chance don't count? Must be a special dispensation I didn't hear about.

Half the churches in the USA sponcer them.

Carico, you are so full of crap. You have both eyes glued shut against any logic that might slip in.

16. Carico Registered Member

I just saw an article in the newspaper that said that 83% of people in mainline churches don't believe that Jesus is the only way to God even though he specifically says he is. So most people who call themselves Christians today don't believe the bible, which means they can't follow Jesus since they doubt what he said is true. But Jesus prophesies that in Matthew 24:10. And once again, he's right, as always.

So I go to the shepherd, not the sheep for the truth because only the shepherd is always right as Jesus has shown.

17. NGM Registered Member

Nobody cares. I noticed and everyone else noticed that you didn't reply to the fact that hundreds of Christian Churches promote gambling via bingo games in the church.

Why are you avoiding it?

Explain why the leaders of these churches approve of gambling on church property.

I know....it makes them money.

The church is a money making business. Nothing else.

18. Carico Registered Member

Who's "everyone else" figments of your imagination? Probably.

So you and "everyone else" need to read my last post to see that most Christian churches don't follow the bible. So your point?

19. Vkothii Banned Banned

A true Christian knows that "the meaning of God" is a meaningless statement.

God is beyond meaning.

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

As if you've made any points.

21. Vkothii Banned Banned

Point to the points that didn't get made..?

22. NGM Registered Member

Everyone in this group is what I meant by "everyone else". How could they miss the fact that you avoided commenting on the fact that thousands of churches have and promote gambling on church grounds.

"most Christian churches don't follow the bible" you say? Who made you the Judge? I know without asking any of those other Churches that they think that your god-being and jebus both love bingo! Hell, if bingo had been around two thousand years ago, it would have been included in that comic book you call the babble.

What church do you belong to? The church of..............

Are you ashamed to tell your age? Why are you avoiding it?

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

He's ashamed to admit preaching to animals & too ashamed to cite scripture reference for the 10 commandments.