Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

actually the exess mass that falcon gives to the ISD thus changing its gravitational shift is far greater then the greavity shift of an entire star colapsing hundreds of lys away. and if they can detect ships by gravity distortion 100s of lys away, they should "see" the falcon as a boulder on their neck.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

If it couldn't be done by the death Star then there really is no superweapon. Show me the weapon that is still around today...the weapon with with many kills...show me the unbeatable weapon and I will call that a SUPERweapon...othewise there just stupid weapons....waste of time and resources.

It would still be quite the holocaust for many stations and planets but the Federation Fleet would be a destructive pain in their side. I don't think Star Fleet would surrender even if they threatened entire worlds with destruction.
    GFFA would have quite a fight on their hands and don't let a year of fighting pass by...The Federation would have cracked Hyperspace travel easily and odds would tilt heavily in Star Fleet's favor.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. actually tapping the strong nuclear forces (holding the attom) releases more energy then tapping the weak nuclear forces (holding the particles).
    2. Obi-Wan felt the destruction of Alderan wile in hyperspace
    3. but this is true. no midichlorians no force, thus the jedi and sith are blind outside SW universe.
    4. no need for thanks, my goal is never diseption. i only suport ST on the weapons issue becuse they apear more destructive on screen then their SW counterparts.
    5. don't bother, he never matched my phaser and TL analasys with one of his own making. he simply ignored it. i don't know about him, but when i repeatedly ignore the same posts (especialy when they are pages long) i usualy have nothing to counter them with (like that Centerpoint deus-ex machina Skywalker uses, i have no data on it yet so i ignore him; or the hyperdrive issue, it is clear SW is faster then UFP in that department, so why argue-unless for the sake of argument).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

agreed. it would be one hell of a fight. many casulties on both sides. even if UFP desides to sue for peace SF is most likely to fight a guerilla war.

8. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes many would resign their commissions and New Fleet commander would be chosen...

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Centerpoint doesn't fire missiles, it creats a gravitational field that can crush a whole star system into the size of the whole UK. Galaxy Gun fire shielded missiles, and they are very fast, it is a hyperspace missile. Centerpoint can just crush the Star Trek fleets.

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Most superweapons take out a planet in one shot, or a star system. They just fire the Centerpoint on Sector 001. Here you go Earth and Mars is destroyed.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Sorry my bad.

Several big Mon Cal Home One-Class, that is alot of pounding still.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

It is also used aginst small Gunships and Missile Boats. Sorry for not mentioning it.

Read the Thrawn Trilology, you will find Thrawn being a good strategist

Yes they can, the can destroy anything in the galaxy.

It can be moved, they never had the need to do so. It can move stars in hyperspace, why can't it move itself? It is hyperspace capable.

20,000 Federation ships are take 25,000 Frigates and Cruisers but not Star Destroyers. 80,000 ships is very little compared to the Republic and Imperial Fleet, there were 8,000 ships guarding Coruscant ( all Star Destroyers ), and that is only the Open Circle Fleet.

Trade Federation have bad security, but they are the Trade Federation.

Tarkin Battlestation wasn't even operational when a big Imperial Fleet blew it up.
    The Republic is a fine fighting force, lead by wise and force sensitive Jedi Knights.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Of cources, have you ever seen a 10 year old live alone and employed?

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

No by Dark Empire and Revalations.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I proud, thank you.

16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Weather it is unique or not, it doesn't matter. It is a part of the Star Wars Saga, and should be in the debate.

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Why not, it crush it into the size of a coin.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Do you even know whats on a ISD. 70+ turbolasers, loads of bombs and missiles ( Thats not nuclear ), numerous Gunships, and uncountable Heavy Laser Cannons.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes, I do.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They fire the grenade, they don't throw it.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Centerpoint, and Superlasers. The rest were destroyed in various ways.

They will never learn how to make them, first it is seal and if you try to cut the outside it would explode. They can never get their hands on a Star Wars ship. Soons as they realize their losing, they jump to hyperspace.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1. They are not blinded, they just can't detect loss of life, thats all
    2. Yet the turbolaser fire that destroyed the astroid is a long range turbolaser, and that is a big astroid
    3. My superweapons are in EU.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

If they want to fight, fine with Star Wars. If they want peace, they will consider that. Republic and CIS are merciful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.