Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Scott, your looked down oppon on this thread, all ST fans dislike you. And all SW fans think of you at the very least, impolite.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

why didn't the federation use these tricobald thing then when the borg we're attacking earth. Wasn't it safe enough?

Why didn't the borg send a thousand ships when the first was destroyed. the wouldn't be a federation left i think.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

ICS: Attack of the Clones Heavy Turbolaser on the Acclamator series Star Destroyer (old and outdated by the standards of Imperial Star Destroyers) and this is Canon so suck it up

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Actully a cube would just blow up Vader's TIE before he even got there.

8. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What the hell is this?:wtf:

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Possibly one of the few retarded things the Borg Collective does.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

No, the true ST fans applaud me for holding up Gene's vision. And the SW fans think I am being way too lenient on on you.

11. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Actully, If I remember right, at the time it was standard for only an Intrepid class starship to carry them.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

It is a technical readout of the space craft and vehicles from Attack of the clones. Commisioned and approved by Lucas.

13. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should go and get stoned some other time...

14. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah that book, I've seen that one before. The engine on an Acclamator class ship looks more primitive than the plane turbofan engines we have today.

15. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Vader doesn't be inside the cube to choke or mindcontrol the queen. He's doen if before. nah let's just drop it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

provided a virus can kill midichlorians. They mey might be SW term for mitochondria. However midichlorians are not strictly needed to use the Force, it helps but is not neccessary.

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

And who might those fans be? Hmmmmmm?:m:

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mitochondria can be killed by bacterial infection...

And yes, midichlorians ARE the force. Without them, no force.

Come to think of it... due to this, once we put you're jedi and sith thru the transporter and separate the midichlorians (yes, transporters can remove infectious bacteria, parasites, viruses, and more) from their bodies, you can no longer use the force.

So the force isn't even a problem.

Neat.

20. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

By that logic then Jabba the Hutt should have been fooled by Luke, and yet he wasn't. Of course, knowing you, your going to suggest that Jabba was a closet Sith Lord.:bugeye:

...What? Vader has shielding now? Fuck, the guy radiates evil. And Troi can sense when someone is acting odd, not to mention the fact that the crew will not do something that is dangerous just because Picard says so, double so when he's just repeating what Vader puts into his head, and given that Vader can't hear what's being said to Picard, he wouldn't be able to respond correctly. Unlike Imperial soldiers, a UFP officer won't walk off a cliff just because someone tells them to, its something we like to call self-preservation.

Excuse my french, but just how fucking dense are you? You cannot create a weapon of mass destruction with a five megaton warhead to cover an entire solar system. Claiming otherwise is just pure stupidity. These ships can move at incredibly fast speeds and jump to warp in a matter of seconds. They would see the slow wave of nanoprobes coming and easily escape. Furthemore, there is evidence that goes against this bull shit.

However, I am giving you this one chance to explain your reasons.

First, explain how ships armed with at most fired no more than fifty torps (and that is freaking high given that they only likely fired 20 to 30 shots) at a planet destroy 30% of the crust with only 20 tons of TNT?

Furethermore, given the firepower of what you claim, how in the hell could they ever hope to destroy a planet's crust with at most 4,000 missles 8,000 tons worth of TNT explosions in an hour's worth of time?

Or explain to me why Bones, the Chief Medical Officer of the Enterprise thought that the Enterprise could level a planet flat, and why did everyone not think of this as a problem?

Or how about when a 90 isoton bomb was able to cause an explosion that covered up to 800 kilometers in diamiter caused by bomb that would be far less than a megaton?

Or how about you explain to me in Skin of Evil, how a single Photon was able to create a instant massive fireball that could be easily seen from space? Or how about the fact that Kirk and his crew where able to put together a bomb at the last minute that was so powerful that it ripped off half the atmosphere of a planet and greatly shook their ship from afar?

How do you explain the fact that Scotty didn't want to fire upon a weakpoint in a planetary shield because he was afraid that he phasers might vaporize the atmosphere if he was off in the level of firepower he used?

And how do you explain that Scott was able to use four or five phasers to power a shuttle craft so that it was able to leave the atmosphere of a Class M planet and stay up there for a few minutes? Or how do you explain that a single phaser set to overload in TOS could take out an entire deck of a starship? Or how about the fact that in TNG we see a phaser being used to power a transporter, which basicly takes you apart atom by atom, converts you into energy and then converts you back and then quickly rebuild you perfectly from the ground up. Not to mention the kind of systems you have to power just to get that transporter to work. You have the console, the sensors, the two machines that keep track of your pattern (with information so complicated that you would have to take the most advanced CPU and start stacking them all the way to the middle of the galaxy just to reach that level of information) get it to perform the whole process.

Or how about the fact that a Phaser set to Wide beam on level 16 can destroy half of a large facility that holds insane people? Or how they used a antimatter bomb to destroy a 18,000 kilometer long amoeba that even as they where heading out, threw them a good distance?

So yes, tell me all about how the UFP has weapons that don't exceed 20 tons worth of TNT. For you see, you have one small showing of weakness, and I have more than a couple handfuls of Star Trek firepower out the whazoo. So either you can cut the bullshit and back down now, or explain to me how all these events can be achived via 20 tons of TNT.:frust:

The highest quote we have of Turbolasers are them being able to vaporize a small town (often at most only a few miles in size), because I'm sure that it takes 12.5 gigatons to do that, but 20 ships blowing the shit out of 30% of a planet's crust must only take 20 tons of TNT each.

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I see, but wouldn't the defence staions of earth have them too. I know they we're illegal but hey your protecting your planet.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ent, ignore scott. he is more deluded than Homer Simpson.

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Do you have proof I am stoned? Otherwise you are compounding an ad hominem with another ad hominem. Which is not surprising as it does seem to be the onlty thing you can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.