Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I know. It's just i get bored on how ppl that this shit so goddamned serious.
    Let's have some fun for a change. I mean i think Riker would get the hots for padme if he saw her *lmao*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

why kirk ? Why not data ? If he knows a thousand ways to pleasure a woman i bet he knows a lot for pleasuring a man.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I just watched Voy: Caretaker...

I have to say, there is zero evidence to say a TriCobalt device would not work upon a shielded target.

*shrugs*

Like to know where TWCrazy got that idea.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Twnty ships seemed to destroy 30% of a planet's crust, so in theory, 40 ships should be able to destroy 60% of a crust.

8. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

1) Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded, Picard does not apply in such a case.

2) The crew has proven to disobey such orders if it places the ship in danger. That and they have an empath who would sense something is up.

3) The Enterprise E can take hundred of megatons right to the hull, turbolasers thus far have only showed the power to vaporize a small town, at most a few megatons.

9. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Actually, the Borg would ignore him until he became a threat and then they would lock him down via a containment field and send drones in to assimilate him.

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

1. The death of the Borg Queen on any ship will not stop the drones, the central hive mind will simply take over.
    2. The Borg are immune to telepathy (Counselor Troi could not detect their minds).
    3. The Force will not work when the wielder is held in a field containment device (see Ep 1). The Borg ship will simply encase Vader in a forcefield.
    4. Vader is dead. The Borg Queen can be reconstructed.
    5. It is a matter of canon that Borg drones number in the trillions.
    6. It is a matter of canon that Borg shield modulations can withstand enormous pounding (think millions of terajoules).

11. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

WHO CARES, like half of my posts are arguing one point or another in this thread, but in the end noone is going to concede a point to anyone else. We're all stubborn bastards!

Oh, and the force isn't telepathy, its a combination of telepathy, telekenesis, and badass.

12. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

In equal portions.

13. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

...You do realise that it works on in part with mediclorions (or whatever the hell they call them) right? You realize that a specific virus designed to kill them would very possibly mean death to all who contract it?

14. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Then why did all of the drones on the Ent-E die after the plasma coolent tank was ruptured die since the borg queen was killed? (and we saw her later on VOY

ark Frontier)

15. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

They where in the past, its possible that the Borg at the time could not reach that far with the hive mind...it really doesn't make all that much sense really. Though I suppose it could have caused a shock to the collective and then Picard and Data just beamed them all off.

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Oh yes, they were in the year 2063, the hive mind couldn't connect back in time, but there was that interplexing beacon...

17. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

And regarding the Ent-E's Quantum torpedo loadout, how come on Star Trek IX: Insurrection it never fired any Quantum torpedos?

It was under heavy fire by two Son'a Battleships, and it was during the Dominion War. So don't say it didn't nead them.:shrug:

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

And then Troi would get all

, making her period look like NOTHING... She sets a hand phaser to maximum setting and not a spec left for poor Padmé...

19. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Flip-flopper. "...You've got more waffles, then a house of pancakes! You offer flip-flops, I offer tax-brakes!" Seismec refers to as, ground, or earth as in a Seismigraph (sad if you don't know what that is and what it does scott...), which still doesn't make any better sense...

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Jedi Mind Tricks work BEST on the weak minded. Someone like Vader, Palaptine, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Kyp Duron, Jacen Solo, or Ben Skywalker could turn the strongest minds into tinker toys.

Perhaps she would sense it, if it was emotion based and she could even fathom how to get past Vader's shielding.

You forget even if you go 200 isoton warheads some sights claim for Photon Torpedoes, that means that you torpedoes only have the same destructiveve capability as 200 tons of TNT. Even the multikeinetic mines that would have spread the anti Species 8472 nanite was onely a 5 megaton weapon. Disrupters are considered on a scale with Photons and we KNOW the Scimitar severely mauled the Enterprise E with Photon Torpedoes and Dsirupter fire. Doing significant damage with this low power weapons.

We all know that a Heavy Turbolaser, by canon is 12.5 gigatons equivalents. You can refute it all you want and hop and scream and use ever obscenity in the book, it will not change this.

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Actully I was going to say the same to you, you have no proof, no one belives your imaginary numbers.

oke:

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

* sigh *

If a cube has a colectieve mind you only have to control one, WRIGHT?
    The borg would leave Vader alone till he becomes dangerous. WRIGHT?
    So he can walk up to Queen without any problems.
    You say telepathy won't work on borg ? why not ? because troy can't sence them? the borg are emotionless.
    Are there trillions of them on one cube ? don't think so.
    I'm just having some fun don't take in so serious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.